News Dogs set for overhaul as ‘huge’ Barrett call could trigger $500k star’s early exit:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He cant go anywhere next year anyway.. and if he does.. sayonara

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dufty will go well in ESL.

If we lose Burton, so be it. He obviously wasn't right for us.
Let him go! If he's here for the coach only than he can go!
I want players to be here for the money and for us the fans at the same time, but not for love affairs with a coach.
Pffft, see ya Burto

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Complete speculative BULLSHIT regarding Burton.
Going to games you sort of hear things and this particular rumour had been circulating since round three, probably pre dating the media crap that we have been receiving over the last few weeks. They will take these rumours and run with them but I fear where there is smoke there is fire.
Was pretty much always gong to be a wait and see thus the fact that Burton had an option in his favour for year two of his contract. It smacks of poor overseeing by the board etc. to entertain signing him on that basis. Myself I was nervous about the conditions of the signing but like pretty much every other long suffering fan took hold of it and hoped to see a marked improvement in our playing style.

I have seen nothing new in our team and am sadly disappointed in the way we have conducted business on field.Aside from the fact that players were signed on a stop gap basis ( Vaughn and Dufty) and contract conditions skewed in favour of the players (Burton) our fitness and stamina have been quite simply appalling. We have no idea when it comes to discipline and attacking within our opponents half....simply put nothing much has changed we are trying too hard and things are not working. Whether or not having the coach fall upon his sword will be a good thing, we will have to wait and see. This year gone and probably once again the next few. The game is losing its appeal as well and not just because we are so poor. The NRL pats itself on the back at the estimated 130k that saw EIGHT NRL MATCHES over three days, two on the first, three on each other day. Average that over the entire weekend and crowds were around 16750 per game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Going to games you sort of hear things and this particular rumour had been circulating since round three, probably pre dating the media crap that we have been receiving over the last few weeks. They will take these rumours and run with them but I fear where there is smoke there is fire.
Was pretty much always gong to be a wait and see thus the fact that Burton had an option in his favour for year two of his contract. It smacks of poor overseeing by the board etc. to entertain signing him on that basis. Myself I was nervous about the conditions of the signing but like pretty much every other long suffering fan took hold of it and hoped to see a marked improvement in our playing style.

I have seen nothing new in our team and am sadly disappointed in the way we have conducted business on field.Aside from the fact that players were signed on a stop gap basis ( Vaughn and Dufty) and contract conditions skewed in favour of the players (Burton) our fitness and stamina have been quite simply appalling. We have no idea when it comes to discipline and attacking within our opponents half....simply put nothing much has changed we are trying too hard and things are not working. Whether or not having the coach fall upon his sword will be a good thing, we will have to wait and see. This year gone and probably once again the next few. The game is losing its appeal as well and not just because we are so poor. The NRL pats itself on the back at the estimated 130k that saw EIGHT NRL MATCHES over three days, two on the first, three on each other day. Average that over the entire weekend and crowds were around 16750 per game.
When we play rubbish, there are rubbish rumours.

You know me very well and probably remember who my bullet proof source is. If he tells me not to stress then I'm not stressing lol

Burton PURELY signed for money and the 5/8th spot NOT because of Baz.

We all knew an upgrade was part of his initial signing agreement.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When we play rubbish, there are rubbish rumours.

You know me very well and probably remember who my bullet proof source is. If he tells me not to stress then I'm not stressing lol

Burton PURELY signed for money and the 5/8th spot NOT because of Baz.

We all knew an upgrade was part of his initial signing agreement.
Nice to know.......Funny though because the source of this rumour at games is also someone who is supposed to be in the know....well according to themselves that is...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nice to know.......Funny though because the source of this rumour at games is also someone who is supposed to be in the know....well according to themselves that is...
I got nothing to gain or big note myself. I just pass on info I hear and don't claim it as a "scoop".

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy is playing like shit, if he thinks Barrett is good for his career he is deluded.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dufty is on the radar of some English clubs - yeh, so that they can make sure he never comes within 50km of their list!

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Other than his bombs, Burton has underachieved big time. Could be down to coaching so let’s see how he plays under a new coach. Same for every other player. If he wants to leave good riddance to him too. No person is greater than the club.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah burton staying I don’t see him leaving . Ado carr will stay and Kikau and Mahoney incoming

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Bourton wants to test the waters go for it I doubt he will increase his money off to play centre. Though taking a pay cut to be back in a winning culture is a real possibility. Hope the interim coach gets a few wins by years end.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He cant go anywhere next year anyway.. and if he does.. sayonara
Actually he can, IF it's written in his contract that Barrett is coach. (which I don't believe) Burton isn't at the Nathan Cleary stage, far from it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Burton unless being a fool should know that TBaz was unsuccessful at Coaching. This affects his own market value among other things like winning games etc. I really doubt, even IF they're great mates or whatever that it was in his own best interests for Tbaz to stay around and continue down this hole we are in. He may go for more $$$ and he may go to be in a successful team but I doubt he will go just because Tbaz is gone.

BULLDOGS 3005

Waterboy
Reaction score
the team is running last so any player that wants to leave should leave we cannot do any worse than last.