12. Corey Waddle
13. ?

Picture taken today in the south coast
Jackson on an edge ffs :(

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jackson on an edge ffs :(
Baz might be thinking 3 front rowers 8,10,13 for the first 20mins and then move Jacko from the edge into the middle. I'm not a fan having Jackson on the edge either. Could be due to defence ?

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz might be thinking 3 front rowers 8,10,13 for the first 20mins and then move Jacko from the edge into the middle. I'm not a fan having Jackson on the edge either. Could be due to defence ?
Did rfm run with the side or was he was still injured and didn't train

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
1. Corey Allen
2. Tuipulotu Katoa
3.Nic Couric
4. Will Hoppa
5. DWZ
6.Jake Avo
7. Kyle Flano
8. Jack Herrington
9.JMK
10. ?
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Waddell
13. ?

Just wanna say that that jacket Baz is wearing is fire

Reactions: J_B

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Corey Allen
2. Tuipulotu Katoa
3.Nic Couric
4. Will Hoppa
5. DWZ
6.Jake Avo
7. Kyle Flano
8. Jack Herrington
9.JMK
10. ?
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Waddell
13. ?

Is 13, James Roumanos ? Or how ever you spell it

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
On the white team.
Looks like wakeham and biondo-odo were the halves and meaney at fullback.
Topine at 12.
Can't read the rest

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Idk, I'm just over Jackson on an edge. He's far more suited to the middle and doesn't offer any sort of threat on an edge.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good to see a bit more training content and internal player interviews this off season instead of relying on fluff peices in news papers like previous years.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is pretty big news for the likes of BBO, Schoupp and others out of the top 30 or without a development contract.
NRL 2021: Eligibilty rule change to help bolster depleted squads | Daily Telegraph
Matthew Elkerton
The NRL will introduce a radical change to its eligibility rules in 2021 in a return to the halcyon days of rugby league.
The Townsville Bulletin can reveal the NRL has rushed through a rule change to allow clubs to dip into their feeder club stocks midway through the season as injuries begin to hit.

Players outside of the a club’s top-30 roster can be called up from their Queensland Cup or NSW Cup teams from Round 11.

An NRL spokesman confirmed the rule change but added that the players must be signed to club’s on a training deal to take the field.

Cowboys young gun Ata Hingano. Picture: Evan Morgan

Cowboys young gun Ata Hingano. Picture: Evan Morgan

Cowboys head of football Micheal Luck has heralded the rule change suggesting it revisited the traditional pathways from the grassroots to the NRL.

The pathway has not been in place since the disbandment of the national under-20s competition in 2015.

It will also act as an incentive for reserve grade players, with the opportunity of exposure on the national stage on the line.

Luck, who earned his NRL stripes by toiling in the Queensland Cup with the NQ Young Guns, said the initiative opened the door for a lot of players who had been lost to the system.

“I think it was always a bit puzzling why guys that were part of the pathways system were essentially roadblocked when they got to a certain point,” he said.

“It is great, it means guys that are having a year out of the box, performing at a high level, have an opportunity to step up. There is a genuine avenue for those guys to be playing first grade.

Cowboys head of football Micheal Luck applauded the eligibility changes.

Cowboys head of football Micheal Luck applauded the eligibility changes.

“For us, a club with three feeder clubs, all of that is exciting. We have got guys who can compete week to week, if they are going well enough they could be in our side.”

Luck said he believed the return of the reserve grade pathway did not cancel out the development squad system, with young players still needing time training in an NRL set-up at the start of their careers.

The Cowboys have already aligned their feeder clubs with their structures and play calls to make it easier for allocated players from the top squad when they return to the Queensland Cup. Those systems could give the other players in their three feeder clubs – Townsville Blackhawks, Northern Pride and Mackay Cutters – a leg up in their quest for NRL opportunities.

Blackhawks coach Aaron Payne has backed his players to take heed of the opportunity and work even harder in the 2021 season.

Townsville Blackhawks coach Aaron Payne. Picture: Alix Sweeney

Townsville Blackhawks coach Aaron Payne. Picture: Alix Sweeney

“It will give all the second tier blokes a real spring in their step, knowing they are a chance of progressing up the tree,” Payne said.

“I am sure (the Cowboys) will be interested in how not just the Blackhawks are going, but how Cairns and Mackay are going as well. They will have access to all of those players to keep a close eye on the players.

Payne also suggested the rule change could apply the blowtorch to underperforming players in the Cowboys squad, with players outside of their squad hungry to come up and take their spot.

The rule change will hinge on the NRL remaining outside of a COVID-19 bubble which it has been for all of the pre-season.

It also comes after ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys declared his desire to return to hosting three games on game day including reserve grade and under-21 competitions. It is part of the chairman’s plan to return the code to its fans.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like how the panthers upload preparing the panthers videos on their YouTube and our videos are just 1 min of talking. I always like how the panthers prepare the new season- looks like they are wrestling and boxing, camping. I am surprised Barrett isn’t doing something similar. I think all players should be learning wrestling

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like how the panthers upload preparing the panthers videos on their YouTube and our videos are just 1 min of talking. I always like how the panthers prepare the new season- looks like they are wrestling and boxing, camping. I am surprised Barrett isn’t doing something similar. I think all players should be learning wrestling
We have the Panthers former wrestling coach, Luke Portese. He's our strength and conditioning coach.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Their preseason is completely diff its much shorter for them as they made the gf etc they are trying to jam alot into a much smaller period.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Idk, I'm just over Jackson on an edge. He's far more suited to the middle and doesn't offer any sort of threat on an edge.
i think you will see jacko more fresh and not do alot of the donkey work this year. the players love him and you need the hard ass players in your team

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The riff have a lot more than that. I have a mate son playing in there 20s. They have drones at all grades watching training. Reviewed by all coaches. The system is timed so how long the coaches and players watch it is timed. As a consequence of those videos individual plans each week are built for players to work on example always tackling with right shoulder. It is very hitech. And the one company does all the video not a ex player with limited skill in the area of tech

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The riff have a lot more than that. I have a mate son playing in there 20s. They have drones at all grades watching training. Reviewed by all coaches. The system is timed so how long the coaches and players watch it is timed. As a consequence of those videos individual plans each week are built for players to work on example always tackling with right shoulder. It is very hitech. And the one company does all the video not a ex player with limited skill in the area of tech
all teams use drones even at park football level. all teams do video etc from under 12's upwards, nothing knew

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
all teams use drones even at park football level. all teams do video etc from under 12's upwards, nothing knew
Agree but the which I can only assume as don’t know many others except two in dogs Matt’s. And they don’t do the detail with the info the riff do. Hopefully Barrett changes all that