Dogs Poll bottom 4 in attractiveness to Recruits

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Earlwood better than Marrickville ?
Spacious, village atmosphere, residential, 15 mins from city, house prices starting at $2,500,000 - yep. Marrickville is more or less another one of those hipster suburbs like St Peters and Erskinville.

Wahesh

Reaction score
He lives in Oatley
He used to live in Roselands now it's either Penshurst or Peakhurst - I can't remember which one, I always get those 2 mixed up lol.
Revesby and Panania have increasing rates of crime. Getting worse
They're not that bad. Riverwood is as you're near the houso's etc. Padstow onwards are nice and residential. The only bad thing about Padstow is the houses near the Georges River can get smacked with mosquitoes in summer lol.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Spacious, village atmosphere, residential, 15 mins from city - yep. Marrickville is more or less another one of those hipster suburbs like St Peters and Erskinville.
Hipsters I will agree with you on that, they jack the cost up off everything in the area now. But I will have to politely disagree with you sir.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hipsters I will agree with you on that, they jack the cost up off everything in the area now. But I will have to politely disagree with you sir.
Respect for politely but I've been to both suburbs and Earlwood is superior to me. Marrickville has the upper hand in restaurants, cafes etc over Earlwood, it even has a train station where as residents in Earlwood have to use either Bardwell Park, Bexley North, Tempe or Canterbury, but if I were to buy a house it's a non question.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He used to live in Roselands now it's either Penshurst or Peakhurst - I can't remember which one, I always get those 2 mixed up lol.
They're not that bad. Riverwood is as you're near the houso's etc. Padstow onwards are nice and residential. The only bad thing about Padstow is the houses near the Georges River can get smacked with mosquitoes in summer lol.
I know he lived in peakhurst last year, he was my friends neighbour. Haven't seen her for a while so can't confirm if he's still there..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know he lived in peakhurst recently, but Nathan brown said he lived in Oatley halfway through 2018 season.

And yes Riverwood is a fukn shit hole full of little druggo *****

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article doesn't articulate the intent or questions posed to players. My educated guess is that currently all players know that Canterbury cant pay anything of note therefore they wont get market worth. Also factor in commissions by agents and agents will prefer to send players to other clubs that give higher salaries and therefore fatter commissions. The thing to note about the dogs is we are in a self induced period of salary cap spending hibernation due to the incompetence of Des & Dibb. We have to wait 2 more season to be on a level playing field with other clubs when it comes to salary cap spending. That is the bottom line. As for finances we are in the top quartile when it comes to "wealth" so our only issue is the prison sentence Des & Dibb encumbered us with. I wish there was a way to seek recompense for their decisions because they really fucked us hard up the blurter with absolute impunity.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Spacious, village atmosphere, residential, 15 mins from city, house prices starting at $2,500,000 - yep. Marrickville is more or less another one of those hipster suburbs like St Peters and Erskinville.
I lived in Earlwood for 23 years, I was really upset when I left. When I look back now I'm stoked that I got out of the suburb, there's no village atmosphere at Earlwood believe me.

DDR

Waterboy
Reaction score
Aaron woods-lives in Lugarno
His dad apparently lives in peakhurst and have seen him and his other half walking the German shepherd around lugarno and spotted him a few times at mortdale woolies.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Players considered the biggest factors in influencing their decision. These included things such as location, chance of on field success, coaching staff, playing squad, front of office, financial position of club, opportunity to further improve as a player.

No Suprise we are struggling to recruit anyone of note. Forget blaming the cap we cant even attract players in the midfield money range.

Its good to get a few wins on the board, but there are big issues our club has to face, one of our biggest is not being an attractive club for recruits. You cant win without the cattle and we definately dont have a premiership winning squad next year. Its a tough sell, but its up to our board to make the club a place good players want to come to, not just kids looking for an opportunity.

From Roy Masters article:

"Canterbury polled in the bottom quarter of the player survey and a study of its finances, as at October 31, 2017, suggests its leagues club will be forced to cut back on grants to the football club.
Its operating profit was down $5.8m on the previous year and cash on hand had declined by $6m.

Its financial costs were nil. However, debt had increased by $2.587m and $18.96m for a total of $21.547m, to fund a new club development. Since October last year, the debt would have increased significantly."
Roy looser Masters
Forever you have held grudge and hatred towards Canterbury it goes back to the 70's.
You are nothing, you are a simple jealous person, jealous of Canterbury enormous success especially against all the teams you have coached, teams that failed to win a premiership under your coaching, you are a teacher who has failed to teach his teams how to win and could only teach them how to bash each other. I still enjoy watching you Cry in the stand 1985 Grand Final LOL:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His dad apparently lives in peakhurst and have seen him and his other half walking the German shepherd around lugarno and spotted him a few times at mortdale woolies.
I saw him walk his dog between peakhurst and mortdale a few times last year but I also know he used to live in my friends street in peakhurst.. He may well have moved since then though.
His wife goes to peakhurst gym so I think it's safe to say they live in the area

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I imagine most players now have a motor vehicle. That surely allows them to reside wherever they want.
They just come to Belmore to train.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's not like they all live in Blue Mountains and have to start training at 8AM on a Monday in the CBD...

They start training later and have a rather relaxed travel to / from the training grounds. 30 minutes tops travel for most players to training I'd say.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I lived in Earlwood for 23 years, I was really upset when I left. When I look back now I'm stoked that I got out of the suburb, there's no village atmosphere at Earlwood believe me.
Well to each their own. I actually like suburbs populated with more houses than apartments/units and Earlwood hardly has any apartments except for a few on the main road.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Which player would want to come here?

Rookie coach
No TPAs
No Chance at a comp with a team full of kids