Dogs Poll bottom 4 in attractiveness to Recruits

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So true.

The Canterbury part of CB - is inner west and highly sought after.
Ashbury (near the racecourse), Hurlstone Park, Dulwhich Hill, Marrickville, Croydon, Croydon Park...even Strathfield have sensational federation style houses and inner city lifestyle without much of the extreme inner city congestion. These areas fringe onto suburbs like Ashfield, Hanerfield, Five Dock, Leichhardt to which Belmore/Homebush are readily accessible. So I can’t see how the location of the club is an issue at all.
Then there’s parts of Dragon territory such as Kogarah Bay, Blakehurst which aren’t far.
So if I were a player who wanted to live close to the club, there’s no shortage of choice...then there’s always the Shire and the East subs which aren’t ridiculous distances either.

Fuck me; just Realisedwe are the IDEALLY situated club just reading back over that!
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Roy!
So true, but the best suburb to live in that's closest to Belmore and still has a nice community is peakhurst west and peakjurst heights.. I know Aaron Woods lives there even though he no longer trains at Belmore.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Boys settle down.
Isn’t Roy Masters a senile old fool?
Who cares what he thinks.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So true, but the best suburb to live in that's closest to Belmore and still has a nice community is peakhurst west and peakjurst heights.. I know Aaron Woods lives there even though he no longer trains at Belmore.
I always thought peakhurst fell into dragons territory

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Boys settle down.
Isn’t Roy Masters a senile old fool?
Who cares what he thinks.
Cause when enough people read shit like this seeps into enough people’s minds, it gets repeated over and over, and then it gets believed and stated as fact by dribblers such as other journos etc, and players begin to take it as fact.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Roy Masters takes immense pleasure to denigrate the Dogs at every opportunity - we traumatised him in the 80’ and 90’s. I’m concerned about the Club’s financial regression though. But I’m not concerned about our future competing and attracting great players - it’s already happening, they just have to be younger and that suits us and plays to our advantage long term.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a load of rubbish. Manly is a nice place to live yet look at that shambles at the moment.

You could say the same for the Premier League in England. The weather is miserable and there is a lot of traffic in those major cities. It's about how the club is run and whether the players are looked after right both financially and the morale around the squad.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
anyone read that piece from Barret explainign why he is leaving Manly? that shithole doesnt have a locker room, players changing in their cars,

Also he and his wife and kids had to clean the gym before he started as it was filthy

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This ‘survey’ was conducted during Hasler era so say no more
yep. I was thinking at the back half of last year why anyone would want to sign with us. We payed huge overs for a busted Foran and Woods who was never going to be a Bulldog. For my mind, primarily footballers want a premiership and to play expansive footy. That simply wasnt on the cards and didnt look like a possibility last year. Infact I thought we were completely fucked and couldnt see any light at the end of the tunnel. By the end of Haslers reign we where a massive joke. Even though we are at the bottom of the ladder I now feel optimistic about the future but it will take a couple of years if those running the show have the best interest of the club at heart.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You make it 2nd world Big Rod
lol thanks, i think they should start putting me into the real estate listings tbh

like "close to amenities, only a short walk to station, shops and rodzilla"

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol thanks, i think they should start putting me into the real estate listings tbh

like "close to amenities, only a short walk to station, shops and rodzilla"
I think you will find at the next Census the population will increase to 60% female if they advertised this.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summary: Roy Masters doesn't understand profit and loss statements.

Moving right along then.....
He obviously hasn't seen the works going on at the club... may account a little for the dent in the balance sheets!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Panania, Picnic Point and Revesby Heights down by the river are really nice.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I fucking love the Dogs and everything about them but we represent the lowest area in Sydney, once you go past Canterbury its a sad long depressing ride. My old man told me it use to be ok but now there is no point going beyond Marrickville.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I fucking love the Dogs and everything about them but we represent the lowest area in Sydney, once you go past Canterbury its a sad long depressing ride. My old man told me it use to be ok but now there is no point going beyond Marrickville.

yeah but keep in mind it's still in close proximity to the city and getting expensive which will push all the shit ***** out

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He lives in Oatley

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Earlwood (Canterbury suburb) >>> daylight >>> Marrickville