Dogs Poll bottom 4 in attractiveness to Recruits

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Which is obvious because we currently have cap issues... players want money more than anything so since we lack in this area currently this doesn't surprise me. We want to see young kids given a crack after not seeing it for years with Hasler.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree mate, thats how it should be. But imo we dont have big enough junior catchment area for this and we have been losing the battle to sign/identify the best talented kids to more glamorous clubs.
Could be wrong but i suspect if we go thru the list of our u20 players since they started the comp in 2008 (?), may be the number of them that became nrl players are low compare to some other clubs.
Make a bigger catchment. We should be looking at having better scouts. No one would complain about our juniors if we had Munster, Mitchell and some of the other kids we turned away with cleal in charge. I’d prefer the club invest in that then spend big money on poor older players. If you look after the kids you can get some loyalty out of them compared to older players. Build a better culture

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't really read much into a poll like this. It's obviously gonna be biased towards teams going well right now. Players will come once we have the money to spend.

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Who would want to live near Canterbury? It’s a third world section of Sydney
Well well well
Who ever lives in canterbury Bankstown area is living in the slums God forbid
Please if you do not like it leave it. Just leave your opinion to yourself. Proud to be a bulldog goes beyond winning footy games my friend. It means proud of who you are and what you represent. Go live in Bondi who cares?
Also please do not worry about the Leagues club profitability Mr Masters does not get it that their is a major renovation happening at the club which obviously has impacted patronage. Temporary decline wait till u see club fully functional.
Lack of popularity has nothing to do with location but everything to do with lack of professional administration, do I really need to table these?
please!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I agree with the poll..

Our recruitment for the past 8 years has been shocking
Our recruitment retention can be described as nothing but a disaster..

Varying reasons and circumstances , different coaches, diffwrent boards, but any club that loses the likes of:
Thurston, SBW, Barba, Cook, Finucane etc And fail to recruit Munster, Latrell Mitchell etc etc

Theres nothing successful about that

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ‘survey’ was conducted during Hasler era so say no more

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We’ll be one of the most attractive destinations within a few years. People are short sighted.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury and beyond are good suburbs it's the belmore/lakemba/wiley park that's not appealing.
Lol
Look at the demographics

Hecktic lebs LOl

It’s a filthy ghetto now days
Fuck I wouldn’t want to live anywhere near lakemba

But as mentioned, players are on good coin and most of them chose to live in the Cronulla area

As would I if given the choice

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dogs have got a relationship with NSW north coast RL now which should help our junior catchment over time. Greenbergs been talking about NSW country teams coming into a state comp more like the QLD comp. He said it was an immediate priority in an interview with Voss the other day. Coffs would be an obvious spot for a team, as ironic as it would be for us to be involved, or Ballina/Tweed maybe.

We've had loads of great players come through our juniors since 2008 but most have ended up elsewhere. You're right though, not many from the immediate catchment area, which is why we need to expand our influence and have great scouts.
Some excellent players along the coast in group 2. Area gets ignored when it comes to talent imo.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well well well
Who ever lives in canterbury Bankstown area is living in the slums God forbid
Please if you do not like it leave it. Just leave your opinion to yourself. Proud to be a bulldog goes beyond winning footy games my friend. It means proud of who you are and what you represent. Go live in Bondi who cares?
Also please do not worry about the Leagues club profitability Mr Masters does not get it that their is a major renovation happening at the club which obviously has impacted patronage. Temporary decline wait till u see club fully functional.
Lack of popularity has nothing to do with location but everything to do with lack of professional administration, do I really need to table these?
please!
I’m a proud dogs fan too mate

But let’s be honest, the territory is a fucking shithole,

I got out over 20 years ago and when ever I have to drive through I look around and am thankful I got out when I did

I remember back in the early 80s houses around greenacre and surrounded areas were lovely homes owned by the working class but had clean streets nice gardens and the like,

Looks like an over populated 3rd world country now days

Probably who most players prefer to live in other areas,

Ones Supporting the dogs isn’t affected by ones ability to see reality and alnowledgd what a shit hole the area Has become nowdays

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I got out over 20 years ago and when ever I have to drive through I look around and am thankful I got out when I did

I remember back in the early 80s houses around greenacre and surrounded areas were lovely homes owned by the working class but had clean streets nice gardens and the like,

Ones Supporting the dogs isn’t affected by ones ability to see reality and alnowledgd what a shit hole the area Has become nowdays

The Bankstown parts - perhaps.

The Canterbury parts- surely not.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are few suburbs suck like Campsie, Lakemba & Punchbowl but south Bankstown is great Panania, Padstow Revesby & Millpera good places to live.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that behind the roosters, were the most atttractive nrl destination in NSW. It’s just des’ mess that hurts our reputation now. We’ll be sweet again from next year on

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the fuck is this article. If you are discussing a poll thats been conducted about every club, why specifically write an article telling that we're the 4th least attractive club players might sign for. Completely ignoring clubs 1, 2, 3 and 5 through to the most popular club to sign for shows that this is a completely biased article, and proves that rather than attempting to be informative, it's just a shit article that relies on the fact that Bulldogs stories sell regardless of how pointless a story they are.

Now if you are writing a story based on a poll you probably should
- Post some results of the poll alongside the story.
- Let people know the numbers that voted
- Not specifically pick out one club (because why be biased about a story just for the sake of it)

When I was 1 year old I wrote better articles than this in my nappy. Ive dumped three better articles in the toilet over the last couple of days, and if any of those dropped items worked for a media outlet they'd each become better journalists than Roy Masters.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our recruitment retention can be described as nothing but a disaster..

Varying reasons and circumstances , different coaches, diffwrent boards, but any club that loses the likes of:
Thurston, SBW, Barba, Cook, Finucane etc And fail to recruit Munster, Latrell Mitchell etc etc

Theres nothing successful about that
All those guys except cook were developed not bought. Just saying

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score

You are entitled to your opinion but mate you are very dillusional. I can think of far worse places to live. You can insult the people that still live in the district and others here have used racist slures to boot. Well you may be proud to be a Bulldogs fan but how one article about football can turn this thread into the shaming and degrading of the district and its people I say that's nothing to be proud about and the shame is on you.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the fuck is this article. If you are discussing a poll thats been conducted about every club, why specifically write an article telling that we're the 4th least attractive club players might sign for. Completely ignoring clubs 1, 2, 3 and 5 through to the most popular club to sign for shows that this is a completely biased article, and proves that rather than attempting to be informative, it's just a shit article that relies on the fact that Bulldogs stories sell regardless of how pointless a story they are.

Now if you are writing a story based on a poll you probably should
- Post some results of the poll alongside the story.
- Let people know the numbers that voted
- Not specifically pick out one club (because why be biased about a story just for the sake of it)

When I was 1 year old I wrote better articles than this in my nappy. Ive dumped three better articles in the toilet over the last couple of days, and if any of those dropped items worked for a media outlet they'd each become better journalists than Roy Masters.
Thanks for the post mate, unfortunately the truth is never popular, the Masters report was just another report designed to undermine our club. IMO he has always been an arsehole in the Gould Kent Weidler mold, its been my belief is that some skum journalists are trying to undermine our great fan base by using negative publicity.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion but mate you are very dillusional. I can think of far worse places to live. You can insult the people that still live in the district and others here have used racist slures to boot. Well you may be proud to be a Bulldogs fan but how one article about football can turn this thread into the shaming and degrading of the district and its people I say that's nothing to be proud about and the shame is on you.
HARDEN up snowflake
Talk about pussys today’s getting offended by everything

Nothing wrong with calling a shit hole a shot hole

And it’s in relation to the topic
Fuck me dead some people are soft