Dogs offer Foran 1 year deal at 75% pay cut

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...s-up-75-per-cent-pay-cut-20200716-p55cso.html

Can someone please post the full report ?. I'm not subscribed.

If he's on 1.2M as reported a few times then I guess we're offering 300K. I think he's worth a bit more at 400K. He might leave for 300. That's less than Lewis who is on 350K I've read. He's definitely worth more than Lewis. Yes he might be injury prone but at least Foran is always going to play first grade when available. Lewis isn't much use even if 100% fit if he's not good enough for first grade

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep. 300-400k for 1 year I’ll accept. No star to replace him. Not worth anymore and to be honest after The last 3 seasons he owes us this and he can back himself to earn more and longer... no one will give him a 3-4 year deal ever again.

If true it’s a step Forward for Whoever’s called the shots.

Reactions: DT

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, if true this is a smart move by the club. There are a few halves off contract in 2021 so this is good work.
Now tell the Dragons to fuck off with their Lafai swap, give us McInnes and the board will have done a good job this week

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Bearing in mind if anyone offers 600k or something I reckon he will go. See how it goes....

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler will get him for sure to partner dce. Wouldn’t mind walker as a center or five eight at a good price or swap. He is a knob but a good pourer

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Although I think we have left our recruitment a bit late some have suggested that we have some deals in play and this would probably add weight to that theory.. cause if we aren’t going to offer him much and we have the $$$ then it must be going elsewhere to other players.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bearing in mind if anyone offers 600k or something I reckon he will go. See how it goes....
I can't see anyone offering that much. I think best case is 400-450 but given how much money he made off us, playing for 300k is fair.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I can't see anyone offering that much. I think best case is 400-450 but given how much money he made off us, playing for 300k is fair.
Yeah, I think he might get some for just a little more than we're offering but who knows. If he did I reckon he will go with last contract and all etc etc

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
now lets see forans loyalty like he claimed recently saying he feels he owes the bulldogs club for sticking by him

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Whether he takes it or leaves it I won't mind.
If he is as sincere as he makes out to be he has said he owes the club a great deal because they have stood by him and I reckon the amount offered is fair. Not as if his family doesn't have money although I guess we don;t know what the family situation is... Good luck to him if Manly want to sign him for a motza..I have heard that the coach there loves a bargain buy....;););)

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 year works for us. We have another 3 million coming off the books end of next season. So like others have mentioned we might be in play for bigger names then.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kieran Foran will have to take up to a 75 per cent pay cut if he wants to remain at the Bulldogs next year, with the club tabling the veteran playmaker a one-year extension to stay at Belmore.

Foran has been weighing up the offer since before DEan Pay parted ways with the Bulldogs on Monday night, reluctant to commit to the club without knowing who the coach would be.

The Bulldogs have offered Kieran Foran a new one-year deal - but at a dramatically reduced salary.Getty Images

Sources close to discussions told the Herald that Bulldogs coach-in-waiting Trent Barrett has indicated he would like Foran at the club next year, but it will have to be for far less than his current deal of $1.2 million a season.

It's believed the one-year deal on offer is worth in between $300,000-$400,000, with Foran willing to bide his time and prove that his value is more than what the Bulldogs are willing to pay at the moment.

Speculation has been rife for months that Foran's old coach, Manly mentor Des Hasler, is keen to lure the Kiwi international back to the Northern Beaches to finish his career where it started in 2009.

Foran has been a strong performer for the Bulldogs when he has been on the field, however the club is concerned about his ability to back up each week given his history of injuries. It's why they've only offered the 30-year-old a deal for one more season.

Canberra's Nick Cotric could be Belmore bound.NRL Photos

Foran hasn't played in excess of 20 games in a season since 2014, managing just 32 of a possible 57 games since he arrived at the Bulldogs on a lucrative three-year deal in 2018.

Meanwhile, Nick Cotric is still weighing up a three-year deal on offer from the Bulldogs, worth around $1.7 million, to join the club from next year as a centre. Cotric decided he wanted to focus on Thursday night's blockbuster grand final rematch before making a decision, but could make up his mind as early as Friday.

Canberra have offered him a five-year deal worth around $2.5 million, but the Raiders believe his future is on the wing, not in the centres where Cotric would like to play.

Uncertainty around the Bulldogs' coaching situation has stalled recruitment and retention talks in recent months, but the club is hopeful of finalising Barrett's deal as early as next week to provide clarity to those are waiting on answers.

Barrett and the Bulldogs are finalising the terms of a three-year deal, with the board expected to ratify the contract next week.

It comes as former coach Chris Anderson, the husband of chair Lynne Anderson, distanced himself from suggestions he was still meddling in football affairs despite his exit from an official role at the club.

"I'm happy to help the club in any way, but I'm certainly not a shadow over any coach's shoulder," Anderson told the Herald.

"I think that's disrespectful to the people who are making decisions; they are doing OK themselves. They've just been through a tough time and I think they have handled it pretty well. They gave Deano every opportunity to be the right bloke.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...s-up-75-per-cent-pay-cut-20200716-p55cso.html

Can someone please post the full report ?. I'm not subscribed.

If he's on 1.2M as reported a few times then I guess we're offering 300K. I think he's worth a bit more at 400K. He might leave for 300. That's less than Lewis who is on 350K I've read. He's definitely worth more than Lewis. Yes he might be injury prone but at least Foran is always going to play first grade when available. Lewis isn't much use even if 100% fit if he's not good enough for first grade
300k is more than fair.

The problem is Lewis is paid 300k too much

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Basically we can't find anyone else to sign lol