Signing Xerri is starting to make no sense at all lul

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im more certain who needs to go and that’s:

Flanno
Thompson
Okr
Reynolds (as a player, he can stick around otherwise).
Casey

Wasted cap space and roster spot..especially Thompson.

We need some depth and I’ll leave it at that.
I'm on the fence with OK. For the right price is good for depth. With more time in the backrow and fix his defensive reads and his shirt grabs he'd be worth keeping IMO

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm on the fence with OK. For the right price is good for depth. With more time in the backrow and fix his defensive reads and his shirt grabs he'd be worth keeping IMO
agree, since posting this my views have changed. He did well on Sunday and seems to work well where he is now.

For the right price I’d happily keep him.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like how Okunbor is playing atm but could Alomoti play the same role on the edge as backup 2nd row and backup centre . I think Alomoti has more upside in the future. I think Okunbors days as a wing option are over so only has one use really.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Patolo will be back this week... Played NSW cup last week and didnt miss a beat!

Will be a weapon one day and is only 22.
Quite a lot of time off for various injuries and concussions though, I wish him all the luck!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My quick count is 22 players currently contracted for next season, which leaves 8 spots out of the 30. I would move 3 to NSW Cup Contracts, which leaves 11 spots available. I would sign 7 current players on 1 +1 or 2 + 1 contracts, which then leaves 4 spots available. There is too much water yet to flow under the bridge to decide what positions we need to use those 4 to fill.

Josh
Addo-Carr
Contracted
Paul
Alamoti
Sign 1 year + 1 Year option club
Jake
Averillo
Sign 2 years + 1 Year option club
Fa'amanu
Brown
Braidon
Burns
Hasta la vista, baby
Matt
Burton
(c)
Contracted
Declan
Casey
Hasta la vista, baby
Brandon
Clarke
NSW Cup Contract
Stephen
Crichton
Contracted
Raymond
Faitala-Mariner
Contracted
Kyle
Flanagan
Hasta la vista, baby
Reece
Hoffman
Contracted
Samuel
Hughes
Kitione
Kautoga
Contracted
Viliame
Kikau
Contracted
Max
King
Contracted
Jacob
Kiraz
Contracted
Reed
Mahoney
(c)
Contracted
Iverson
Matai
NSW Cup Contract
Isaac
Matalavea-Booth
NSW Cup Contract
Jayden
Okunbor
Karl
Oloapu
Contracted
Tevita
Pangai Junior
Contracted
Chris
Patolo
Franklin
Pele
Contracted
Hayze
Perham

Hasta la vista, baby
Jacob
Preston
Contracted
Josh
Reynolds
Retired
Jordan
Samrani
Contracted
Jeral
Skelton
Contracted
Ryan
Sutton
Contracted
Luke
Thompson
Jackson
Topine
Contracted
Corey
Waddell
Hasta la vista, baby
Bronson
Xerri
Contracted

I have the view that the RLPA will get its way and it will be Top 40 NRL Contracted Players for next season and there will be no "Development Players".

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson if he will take pay on games he plays.
Makes no difference, still takes up a Top 30 spot and more importantly the NRL Salary Cap Auditor will assume he plays every game and include that in our Cap. Whether he plays every game or not is therefore irrelevant.

Always a Bulldog

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Quite a lot of time off for various injuries and concussions though, I wish him all the luck!
Growing pains? Concussions were just unlucky.. young prop throwing his big body around which is different!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My quick count is 22 players currently contracted for next season, which leaves 8 spots out of the 30. I would move 3 to NSW Cup Contracts, which leaves 11 spots available. I would sign 7 current players on 1 +1 or 2 + 1 contracts, which then leaves 4 spots available. There is too much water yet to flow under the bridge to decide what positions we need to use those 4 to fill.

Josh
Addo-Carr
Contracted
Paul
Alamoti
Jake
Averillo
Fa'amanu
Brown
Braidon
Burns
Hasta la vista, baby
Matt
Burton
(c)
Contracted
Declan
Casey
Hasta la vista, baby
Brandon
Clarke
NSW Cup Contract
Stephen
Crichton
Contracted
Raymond
Faitala-Mariner
Contracted
Kyle
Flanagan
Hasta la vista, baby
Reece
Hoffman
Contracted
Samuel
Hughes
Kitione
Kautoga
Contracted
Viliame
Kikau
Contracted
Max
King
Contracted
Jacob
Kiraz
Contracted
Reed
Mahoney
(c)
Contracted
Iverson
Matai
NSW Cup Contract
Isaac
Matalavea-Booth
NSW Cup Contract
Jayden
Okunbor
Karl
Oloapu
Contracted
Tevita
Pangai Junior
Contracted
Chris
Patolo
Franklin
Pele
Contracted
Hayze
Perham

Hasta la vista, baby
Jacob
Preston
Contracted
Josh
Reynolds
Retired
Jordan
Samrani
Contracted
Jeral
Skelton
Contracted
Ryan
Sutton
Contracted
Luke
Thompson
Jackson
Topine
Contracted
Corey
Waddell
Hasta la vista, baby
Bronson
Xerri
Contracted

I have the view that the RLPA will get its way and it will be Top 40 NRL Contracted Players for next season and there will be no "Development Players".

Always a Bulldog
Lmao at signing Ala to a 1 year contract

Lock this kid in for fox sake!

Plus u would imagine some nsw cup boys will get contracts e.g Morrin, Edwards, Wilson and co.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Josh
Addo-Carr
Contracted
Paul
Alamoti
Jake
Averillo
Fa'amanu
Brown
Braidon
Burns
Hasta la vista, baby
Matt
Burton
(c)
Contracted
Declan
Casey
Hasta la vista, baby
Brandon
Clarke
NSW Cup Contract
Stephen
Crichton
Contracted
Raymond
Faitala-Mariner
Contracted
Kyle
Flanagan
Hasta la vista, baby
Reece
Hoffman
Contracted
Samuel
Hughes
Kitione
Kautoga
Contracted
Viliame
Kikau
Contracted
Max
King
Contracted
Jacob
Kiraz
Contracted
Reed
Mahoney
(c)
Contracted
Iverson
Matai
NSW Cup Contract
Isaac
Matalavea-Booth
NSW Cup Contract
Jayden
Okunbor
Karl
Oloapu
Contracted
Tevita
Pangai Junior
Contracted
Chris
Patolo
Franklin
Pele
Contracted
Hayze
Perham

Hasta la vista, baby
Jacob
Preston
Contracted
Josh
Reynolds
Retired
Jordan
Samrani
Contracted
Jeral
Skelton
Contracted
Ryan
Sutton
Contracted
Luke
Thompson
Jackson
Topine
Contracted
Corey
Waddell
Hasta la vista, baby
Bronson
Xerri
Contracted

Always a Bulldog
* Brandon Clarke was released (but I guess he could come back)
* Iverson Matai has already left for the Tigers
* IMB, like Samrani, has already been put into the Top 30 for '24 & '25 (anything can change though - Matai was Top 30 for next year and he was let walk).
* Not sure what BBO is doing but Gus did say "We will try again next year" when he was removed from the '23 Top 30.
* Of the cya laters: Hayze, Flanno, Declan & Waddells can all go. There might be some merit to Burns on minimum (but it's now a crowded space) and Grub can run the water. Alomoti might be at risk of being surplus as well, but he is young so another cheap contract (if he's up for that) could work.
* Can't say I am a fan of 'Options', regardless of who they favour.
* If you want to keep Thompson (I think he will go home though) then minimum plus match payments would be the go (if he would go for that). Putting the risk of him being fit on him. If that's not acceptable then he can be added to the "cya's".
* I wouldn't be unhappy if RFM were invited to pursue greener pastures either - although, he's probably the only one qualified for long-serving portion of the cap, so he's probably a "freebie" per se. As soon as someone else qualifies, he has to "retire".

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
* Brandon Clarke was released (but I guess he could come back)
* Iverson Matai has already left for the Tigers
* IMB, like Samrani, has already been put into the Top 30 for '24 & '25 (anything can change though - Matai was Top 30 for next year and he was let walk).
* Not sure what BBO is doing but Gus did say "We will try again next year" when he was removed from the '23 Top 30.
* Of the cya laters: Hayze, Flanno, Declan & Waddells can all go. There might be some merit to Burns on minimum (but it's now a crowded space) and Grub can run the water. Alomoti might be at risk of being surplus as well, but he is young so another cheap contract (if he's up for that) could work.
* Can't say I am a fan of 'Options', regardless of who they favour.
* If you want to keep Thompson (I think he will go home though) then minimum plus match payments would be the go (if he would go for that). Putting the risk of him being fit on him. If that's not acceptable then he can be added to the "cya's".
* I wouldn't be unhappy if RFM were invited to pursue greener pastures either - although, he's probably the only one qualified for long-serving portion of the cap, so he's probably a "freebie" per se. As soon as someone else qualifies, he has to "retire".
Options, Club wise, are awesome. If the player improves a bit we don't have to give him a pay rise. If he fails to develop we don't have to exercise the option, we can simply let him walk. If he improves dramatically we can exercise the option and get a bargain for a year. Or we can give him an reasonable upgrade for the option year that will reduce his ask for the following years. There is no downside, only upside to a Club option. The difficult bit is getting the player and his agent to agree to the option. With the players I have listed above they are only partially through their development plus local juniors are a decent chance of accepting the option. Thompson is the biggest exception but I get the feeling he wants to succeed in the NRL and will put in a huge effort next year, so the option may well be appealing to him as well..

Always a Bulldog

frogdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
who is Joran Samrani?? what position does he play how old is he can't find much info on him?