Opinion Dogs off-contract list for 2023

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Alamoti is no chance of staying for minimum wage.
Pretty sure Averillo is already on 350k ish.
Thomo is also no chance of staying for 300k.
Agreed on Thomo but unfortunately we can't pay him overs to watch our boys run around every week. It'd be a miracle to see him play a full season with no injuries or suspensions so hence the lowball figure.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For the same reasons we should have kept Foran, we rehab them and then they go somewhere else to play well and consistently. Thompson has no "structural", re occuring injuries, hopefully we won't have another Covid pandemic that caused him so many issues (partner, mother, no travel etc) and his bad luck with injuries is exhausted.

At a fair contract value is see no reason to not re-sign him.

Always a Bulldog
Foran said he would stay for $150k (or something around that) for 2 years.
I 100% agree the the club should have signed up Foran again on those terms.
But the club passed because of his history of injury.
And if you look Foran played many more games than Thompson has.
If Thompson agreed to play for $300k a season I may changed my mind.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem is signing enough players (or promoting) to fill all the spots left by the nufties. It’s pretty easy to see who we should let go.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Softening bro considering keeping okonbur ?? Played one half decent game in 4 years and still hasn’t learnt how to tackle.
Depends who we manage to sign. Plus I believe Skelton can take his spot as a backrower/centre/winger.

PS that's why I have a ? Next to his name. Plus he has been way better than Pangirl.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends who we manage to sign. Plus I believe Skelton can take his spot as a backrower/centre/winger.

PS that's why I have a ? Next to his name. Plus he has been way better than Pangirl.
Just having a dig saw the ?? hence the considering comment know you aren’t a fan of marshmallows thought for sure he’d be on your do not re-sign list lol

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Or maybe you don’t know what you’re talking about. The minimum wage is $120k and none of those guys would be accepting that now
Apologies - my post came out wrong. I was agreeing with your comments that you doubted anyone would sign for those figures. I was saying that the guy you were responding to was ‘having a laugh’
Yes - $120 minimum plus match payments for those that were upgraded from the $80k.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just having a dig saw the ?? hence the considering comment know you aren’t a fan of marshmallows thought for sure he’d be on your do not re-sign list lol
Probably just a case of him not being as bad as Pangirl that makes him look better than he is.

If we get a few decent forwards then he can boot with the other duds.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably just a case of him not being as bad as Pangirl that makes him look better than he is.

If we get a few decent forwards then he can boot with the other duds.
It is not Pangai's fault and will never be about why he is playing bad.

Idiots on the forum wanted him to lose weight and be fit. He lost all his aggression and the Bulldog in him.

TPJ and Frank the Tank would be bash brothers off the bench. Both aren't starters but are quality and beast bench players.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It is not Pangai's fault and will never be about why he is playing bad.

Idiots on the forum wanted him to lose weight and be fit. He lost all his aggression and the Bulldog in him.

TPJ and Frank the Tank would be bash brothers off the bench. Both aren't starters but are quality and beast bench players.
TPJ and Kikau were luxury buys, not what we needed, but what we wanted.

Pangirl is lazy and is scared of hard work. We need hard workers.

PS people wanted him to lose weight? What the hell for? Only weight he has looked like he has lost is his balls.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TPJ and Kikau were luxury buys, not what we needed, but what we wanted.

Pangirl is lazy and is scared of hard work. We need hard workers.

PS people wanted him to lose weight? What the hell for? Only weight he has looked like he has lost is his balls.
You’re right- It’s not about fitness or weight or even his abundant talent. It’s about attitude and he doesn’t have the right stuff.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m on the fence with Waddle. He frustrates the hell out of me, but some of his best games have been when he’s been thrown in at Prop, where he just tucked the ball under his arm and ripped in. If we signed him close to min wage and he bulked up another 5kgs I think he could be a handy prop benchie. He’s already around 6’2 and 100-102kgs so add a few more kgs he could be handy. But I can easily be sold that this won’t work haha

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Alamoti was already locked up for a while? Only Averillo and Alamoti are worth worrying about..

Hughes, maybe Patolo and Burns for depth/experience. Other than that, no one worth keeping. I certainly hope Waddell and Okunbur don't get new deals although Ciraldo seems to love Okunbur so it wouldn't surprise me if he gets re-signed.
Okunbur I'd keep he has only played afew games in the forwards, could be really good with more experience their, The type of player who would excell under Bellamy.