Dogs leave door open for SBW, deny pursuit of Hopoate

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The door remains open to Sonny Bill Williams, Aidan Tolman won't be going to Newcastle and the Bulldogs won't be chasing disgruntled Eel Will Hopoate or unwanted Tiger Robbie Farah.

That's the word from Canterbury CEO Raelene Castle following a candid Q and A session with fans on Monday night.

The Dogs boss revealed:

- Newcastle had not been given permission to negotiate with Tolman despite rumours the Knights were closing in on his signature;

- Her club would not go after Hopoate despite his close ties with coach Des Hasler;

- SBW could be a target in two years;

- Willie Mason would not return to the club as a replacement for the departing Frank Pritchard;

- Talks with Moses Mbye's management are proving fruitful;

- The club has little interest in Robbie Farah;

- There are no more major recruits for 2016

Asked by a supporter if the Knights had offered Tolman a deal for 2016, Castle responded: "As you suspected (it) is just a journo filling empty space in their column..."

She answered an emphatic 'No' when queried on Mason's possible return to Belmore and was equally firm when questioned on rumours linking Hopoate to the Dogs: "We are not chasing Hopoate.

Told by a fan the club should chase Farah, Castle replied: "We've got great hookers in (Michael) Lichaa and Cookie (Damien Cook).

She was a little more guarded when talk turned to Mbye, who the club hope to secure to a long-term deal.

"We are having positive conversations with his management," Castle said.

But perhaps the most intriguing answer of the night came when a supporter asked if SBW was any chance of returning to the Dogs.

Castle ruled it out for now but hinted there could be some interest down the track.

She said: "Not in the short term as he is in line to make the All Black 7s team for the Rio Olympics and he's on his way to the Rugby World Cup at the moment."

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...-farah-and-hopoate/1tuk9z44trd1x1nepn5cizoes2

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Interesting. After he apologised for what he did.. would you guys accept him back if he wanted to repay us ?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting. After he apologised for what he did.. would you guys accept him back if he wanted to repay us ?
We've got great young forwards, he might push them out if he returns...no thanks.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

anything which can make us win the premiership.

i will meditate naked on one foot in Ganges for 3 days and 3 nights if need be.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't see much point getting him in 2 years.

However I wouldn't be against it. He owes us.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I would love to have him back just to stick it up the roosters

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
anything which can make us win the premiership.

i will meditate naked on one foot in Ganges for 3 days and 3 nights if need be.

im the same ..I want a premiership .. if it means sbw whatever ... im sick of standing on the morale high ground .. no other club does

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i hate sbw but from a business stand point its good publicity and a player like him could very well get us a premiership but in the end do we have room for him?

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will want big money and will be 32 or 33 years old. Will he be worth it? I'd prefer we secure a quality spine before we go spraying cash at someone like him.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regarding SBW it would depend if had we won the Premiership or not in that space of time.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phuck SBW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can F*** off... Hes In Politis' pocket anyway..

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
LOL SBW will never be back at the Bulldogs! in 2017 he will be 32-33!!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've got great young forwards, he might push them out if he returns...no thanks.
With Frank Pritchard going to the ESL and Tony Williams being our gold medal underachiever there ius definitly room for SBW.

Frank's story is that he is leavng so we can extend the contracts our young players and still fit the salary cap. So the only way we could fit SBW in financially is to say ta-ta to T-Rex and offload a few others as well.

So yeah, I'd like to see SBW in a Bulldogs jersey again; he has matured as a person and is an extremly good player.

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
LOL SBW will never be back at the Bulldogs! in 2017 he will be 32-33!!

in the 90's 32 yrs old will be old, not today. Nutrition and peptides keeps them going till 35 at least.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
SBW can go fuk himself.

Don't want that scummy coward **** back in our Club.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Please god lets not have this debate again. Theres been about 64 threads about taking sbw back since he left. Always ends in a shit fight and achieves nothing new

Status
Not open for further replies.