No Source Dogs join Knights in chasing Jayden Brailey

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/09...gmm0hhcRURJplx7kfqpuqjm6Y3dUS8MdaJE5JkW1K48BI

——

Cronulla hooker Jayden Brailey admits his time at the Sharks might be drawing to a close and he will consider any offers that come his way after November 1.

The 23-year-old is into his third year of NRL and loving it. But this year he has shared the No.9 role with his younger brother Blayke.

The siblings are very supportive of each other but in April the Sharks signed Blayke, who turns 21 in September, to a three-year extension up until 2022.

Jayden is off contract in 2020 but free to talk to other clubs at season's end – and there are quite a few looking for hookers including Newcastle, the Bulldogs, Wests Tigers (if Robbie Farah retires), possibly Penrith and the Cowboys.

"I've signed until the end of next year but if something was to come my way, I'm going to have a look at it because I obviously want to forge my career and my future," Jayden told NRL.com.

"Blayke has signed long-term contract now. And I'm one hundred per cent happy for him."

But it wasn't an easy conversation between the brothers, who still live at home.

"I think he felt a bit awkward about it. It was bittersweet for him," Jayden said.

"I said to him 'Don't worry about me'. I didn't want to have to live with him having to sign somewhere else because I was here first. It doesn't work like that.

"I said if the opportunity was there and it's one he wanted then take it. Don't not sign because I got my NRL start before you. And that's what he's done and I couldn't be happier for him.

"So of course I would also look at anything that came my way. But first my focus is on 2019 and we'll see what comes after that."

The interchange between the pair has been smooth swimming for the Sharks so far.

"It's working really well. When I get a bit tired Blayke can come on and take advantage of that slower ruck. I enjoy the tough, gritty stuff at the start of the game."

And like halves set aside some time each week to discuss the upcoming opposition, the Brailey brothers brainstorm regularly.

"Blayke and I talk about controlling the ruck better and how to work the middles around us. We connect up with the halves as well during the week. But we hookers have to be switched on with the game plan so Blayke and I talk about our game a lot – even at home.

"We relate and bounce off each other well and both give good feedback. So it's pretty cool to have that."

Jayden has known this moment was coming for some time.

"I've prepared for it – for sharing my role with Blayke - and now it's here. I still would love to be playing 80 minutes and that might happen in the years to come.

"But it's working well as a partnership and it's what the team needs at the moment."

Halfback Chad Townsend is one beneficiary of having two hookers at his disposal.

"The last two seasons I've had Jayden obviously and I've formed a good combination with him," Townsend told NRL.com.

"I'm eight games in with Blayke and while we're still building that combination he's a very good player, very solid, like his brother.

"The passes come straight and accurate from both of them. They are both very tough defenders and very skilful.

"I'm equally comfortable with them."

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No more Shark reject hookers...
He’s good enough to play first grade there, it’s just that his brother Blayke (who Sharks signed until 2022) is better, and taking up the 9, with Jayden on the bench.

Jayden wants to play 80, so he’s probably our best chance at getting a proper hooker.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club would be out of their mind not having a crack at Jayden.

If he is willing to move, than do what is necessary to bring him across.

The kid is a mighty fine hooker

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Why the fuck after November? Because Sharts don't want to release him before that if he finds a club!!?!?!?!

Roosters will get him since they are looking for a Friend replacement.

Brailey might have to play second fiddle for 12 months until end of Friends contract but then the gigs his.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw this earlier, definitely worth pursuing.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the fuck after November? Because Sharts don't want to release him before that if he finds a club!!?!?!?!

Roosters will get him since they are looking for a Friend replacement.

Brailey might have to play second fiddle for 12 months until end of Friends contract but then the gigs his.
Pray to God the Roosters are dumb enough to jab Lichaa ASAP

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would be the best prospect on the market. Better than any option we have at the moment. Has Robson officially signed else where? Give him Lichaa's money and a first grade spot with 80 mins.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pray to God the Roosters are dumb enough to jab Lichaa ASAP
According to the paper this morning the Roosters are now no longer interested in signing another hooker as cover for Friend. They already have Verrills, Radley, Garvey and Aubusson who can play hooker and they are who they will be using.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He would be the best prospect on the market. Better than any option we have at the moment. Has Robson officially signed else where? Give him Lichaa's money and a first grade spot with 80 mins.
Don't know if Robson is official. Any articles don't say he is just that "reportedly" he has signed

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...paul-green-unrest/954xrran46ss1fcz7xd8fws1n/1

Young Dragons hooker Reece Robson has made the decision to jump ship, reportedly heading to the North Queensland on a four-year deal.

OR one other that the Cows have not officially announced it yet because they don't want to destabilise the team.
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...paul-green-unrest/954xrran46ss1fcz7xd8fws1n/1

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
don't want the sharks sloppy seconds, we have enough cast off in the team now

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
According to the paper this morning the Roosters are now no longer interested in signing another hooker as cover for Friend. They already have Verrills, Radley, Garvey and Aubusson who can play hooker and they are who they will be using.
Fancy that... paper bullshit!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jayden is a really good player. He's been consistent ever since he debuted and keeps improving his attacking game. His service is impeccable. He's the complete opposite of Lichaa...

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the Roosters but hopefully we make a play for him.

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/05/09...gmm0hhcRURJplx7kfqpuqjm6Y3dUS8MdaJE5JkW1K48BI

——

Cronulla hooker Jayden Brailey admits his time at the Sharks might be drawing to a close and he will consider any offers that come his way after November 1.

The 23-year-old is into his third year of NRL and loving it. But this year he has shared the No.9 role with his younger brother Blayke.

The siblings are very supportive of each other but in April the Sharks signed Blayke, who turns 21 in September, to a three-year extension up until 2022.

Jayden is off contract in 2020 but free to talk to other clubs at season's end – and there are quite a few looking for hookers including Newcastle, the Bulldogs, Wests Tigers (if Robbie Farah retires), possibly Penrith and the Cowboys.

"I've signed until the end of next year but if something was to come my way, I'm going to have a look at it because I obviously want to forge my career and my future," Jayden told NRL.com.

"Blayke has signed long-term contract now. And I'm one hundred per cent happy for him."

But it wasn't an easy conversation between the brothers, who still live at home.

"I think he felt a bit awkward about it. It was bittersweet for him," Jayden said.

"I said to him 'Don't worry about me'. I didn't want to have to live with him having to sign somewhere else because I was here first. It doesn't work like that.

"I said if the opportunity was there and it's one he wanted then take it. Don't not sign because I got my NRL start before you. And that's what he's done and I couldn't be happier for him.

"So of course I would also look at anything that came my way. But first my focus is on 2019 and we'll see what comes after that."

The interchange between the pair has been smooth swimming for the Sharks so far.

"It's working really well. When I get a bit tired Blayke can come on and take advantage of that slower ruck. I enjoy the tough, gritty stuff at the start of the game."

And like halves set aside some time each week to discuss the upcoming opposition, the Brailey brothers brainstorm regularly.

"Blayke and I talk about controlling the ruck better and how to work the middles around us. We connect up with the halves as well during the week. But we hookers have to be switched on with the game plan so Blayke and I talk about our game a lot – even at home.

"We relate and bounce off each other well and both give good feedback. So it's pretty cool to have that."

Jayden has known this moment was coming for some time.

"I've prepared for it – for sharing my role with Blayke - and now it's here. I still would love to be playing 80 minutes and that might happen in the years to come.

"But it's working well as a partnership and it's what the team needs at the moment."

Halfback Chad Townsend is one beneficiary of having two hookers at his disposal.

"The last two seasons I've had Jayden obviously and I've formed a good combination with him," Townsend told NRL.com.

"I'm eight games in with Blayke and while we're still building that combination he's a very good player, very solid, like his brother.

"The passes come straight and accurate from both of them. They are both very tough defenders and very skilful.

"I'm equally comfortable with them."
Sign him the F up

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to get on the phone an enquire About him NOW, don’t wait around and leave it too late before another club grabs him. He is a great prospect for us..!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never seen him play any good or over rated ?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks good but Blayke looks a more complete dummy half in my book.
I think Jayden is better defensively and as an all rounder. He has a bit more size to him (Being older than Blayke).
Blakye is probably a bit faster and has a bit more spark.