Rumour Dogs interested in Stefano Utoikamanu!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kinda convenient that the Roosters need a replacement for Keary....
I've been into my roosters mate for ages about them buying a half and have mentioned this on the kennel previously;

When have Roosters ever been successful without stealing a elite junior or established half off another club. Fittler, Carney, Maloney, Keary, Cronk.
You can bet your life they are sniffing around all clubs halves options.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon we'd be one of the clubs that has inquired about Siua Wong, he seems like a Gus type player.
A Ciro and Gus type player… who knows, maybe Kiks can influence the young man being equally of Fijian heritage.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean so what?!
They were talking above about how he looks like a bulldogs player and should go for him pull your head in
We went after pat carrigan too, as well as Joseph topine and many other players and didn't get them.

Just because they "look like bulldogs" players doesn't mean we are going to sign them

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s happening with Galvin at the tigers ? Is he any chance of leaving?
Unless Galvin makes a statement you don't know what is true or not regarding him wanting a release from his contract with the tigers, firstly he's only 18 if he want's out give it a couple of years and he'll be worth a hell of a lot more then he would be now and show some loyalty to a struggling club if this story is true!!!

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gut feel is Panthers have approached him as a replacement for Luai. He’s under contract but if he believes he can take his game to the next level at Panthers and kicks up a stink Tigers may have no choice but to release him

SunnycoastDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unless Galvin makes a statement you don't know what is true or not regarding him wanting a release from his contract with the tigers, firstly he's only 18 if he want's out give it a couple of years and he'll be worth a hell of a lot more then he would be now and show some loyalty to a struggling club if this story is true!!!
I totally agree and tbh I don’t see something extraordinary that stands out for me. He’s all a bit meh for me and if these stories are true then that makes him stink even more.
yes 18 and will definitely improve but you can tell with some players even at that age that they’re gonna be special, Thurston, Cronk

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So Bulldogs not interested in Galvin but Utoikomanu a possibility?
Won't the asking price for Utoikomanu be too rich for Gus?
Wouldn't he be better off continuing to focus on upgrading existing player contracts?
He could upgrade Todd and Underhill for the same as what Utoikomanu would cost, for example.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My gut feel is Panthers have approached him as a replacement for Luai. He’s under contract but if he believes he can take his game to the next level at Panthers and kicks up a stink Tigers may have no choice but to release him
Thinking the same except replace panthers with roosters. Panthers have a good crop of young halves, roosters have fuck all once keary leaves

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Thinking the same except replace panthers with roosters. Panthers have a good crop of young halves, roosters have fuck all once keary leaves
My money was on Roosters.
However Isaac Moses has alot of clients at Manly, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there either and controls their club with fucked contracts.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As soon as Stefano misses Origin 2 selection, Gus should ring his Manager with a 5 year/900k per year offer.. that's market rate for a 23yo top 12-15 middle who has potential.. Then knock on Roosters door and try and get Wong.. then we are set...
O'Neill has to be a chance at starting 7 next year Round 1.. he's killing them in Reggies

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was at canterbury leagues the other day "meeting up" with luke vella :p haha. Gus bumped into him :p haha I wouldnt read anything into it though. Did anyone hear richo last night. He said if anyone tampers he will go to NRL :p haha. He must be shitting himself to say that public.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As soon as Stefano misses Origin 2 selection, Gus should ring his Manager with a 5 year/900k per year offer.. that's market rate for a 23yo top 12-15 middle who has potential.. Then knock on Roosters door and try and get Wong.. then we are set...
O'Neill has to be a chance at starting 7 next year Round 1.. he's killing them in Reggies
6 months ago I would say we need AFB, JFH, Haas and Stefano. But the thing is, if they dont buy into the culture here, and the hard work needed to grind out wins you almost go backwards.

Yes would be great to have a few big name props, but we arent doing too bad in yardage and defence. But I would still welcome this kid if he is willing to put in, and make 35 tackles without missing many and not take too many runs. If he is willing to defend first then Ill be happy with him here. If he wants to do a Taumololo or David Fafita and just run and be lazy in defence then there is no place in this team.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
WTF