Fox Sports Dogs have signed Q cup centre Ethan Quai Ward to top 30 contract effective immediate

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like what Gus is doing here. Signing a lot of talented fringe first graders in their mid-20's. He will eventually find a couple diamonds in the rough - ie. Preston, Edwards. But I think the underlying purpose of these signings is that it creates competition for positions in NSW cup and Ron Massey, as well as first grade, and this helps the development of young players coming through. He did the same at Penrith - Ciraldo was one of those signings funnily enough, but they're guys that will show up to training every day and give 100% and compete with the first graders hence making them better.

I'm not expecting any of these QLD signings to play first grade any time soon, but they may end up breaking through, it's a win win. Low risk, high reward.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like what Gus is doing here. Signing a lot of talented fringe first graders in their mid-20's. He will eventually find a couple diamonds in the rough - ie. Preston, Edwards. But I think the underlying purpose of these signings is that it creates competition for positions in NSW cup and Ron Massey, as well as first grade, and this helps the development of young players coming through. He did the same at Penrith - Ciraldo was one of those signings funnily enough, but they're guys that will show up to training every day and give 100% and compete with the first graders hence making them better.

I'm not expecting any of these QLD signings to play first grade any time soon, but they may end up breaking through, it's a win win. Low risk, high reward.
I think he’s also realising how important wingers and centres are becoming considering the increasing speed of the game. Forwards have a tough enough job as it is.. wingers and centres are now expected to run for 150+ metres a game, the Penrith backs do this best and have laid the modern day blue print.

This QCup bloke is apparently running for 180m or so per game - massive numbers

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he’s also realising how important wingers and centres are becoming considering the increasing speed of the game. Forwards have a tough enough job as it is.. wingers and centres are now expected to run for 150+ metres a game, the Penrith backs do this best and have laid the modern day blue print.

This QCup bloke is apparently running for 180m or so per game - massive numbers
Yeah he's a unit. Agree with you.

Kiraz has the highest work rate in the comp.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looked pretty good in the 2 games he has played in reggies

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looked pretty good in the 2 games he has played in reggies
I like him a lot. He's got a great build for the centres as well. I think he looks like he's struggling a little with the conditioning, clearly needs a full pre-season but I think he's promising.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like him a lot. He's got a great build for the centres as well. I think he looks like he's struggling a little with the conditioning, clearly needs a full pre-season but I think he's promising.
He’s being held together by tape lol

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s being held together by tape lol
Yes haha he's got those compression tights on both thighs and calves, he's struggling already haha.

I reckon if Skelton doesn't make his debut this week, he comes back into Cup with Casey and Quai has a week off. Or he has a week off soon.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100%, get him a bit fitter and he could be a weapon

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched him closely .. has good hands, good step & seems to have the right amount of pace ..

Just the size centre we need for the game these days .. but you watch some brilliant footy brain want to play him out of position !

Is he playing injured .. looks to be carrying an upper leg injury, right leg ..

2 games in .. interested to see how he progresses ..