Dogs Gone

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rfm, Doorey, and topine would be on chump change if we were to re sign them anyway. The higher paid under performers should be the first gone.
Our problem is Top 30 spots being taken up with guys who have low ceilings and can't be developed or already hit their ceiling.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep a lot of them need to go but it ain’t that easy. Flanno , Thompson and Allen are all on contract and are all overpaid. We would have to pay massive freight on all of them.

I would be stunned if they haven’t already been shopped around but the fact they are all still here suggests there have been no takers. Maybe it might be easier to move them on next year with it being the last year of their contracts
Didn't the Dolphins say they have signed a few players but they're keeping it secret for some reason. I hope Allen is on that list. Bennett rates him so I'll be shocked if he hasn't made a play for him.

We might be able to offload Thompson to the Storm without getting killed on the freight. Flanno will be tough but I think next year we'll be done paying for DWZ so Flanno can just take his spot. Surely England is calling for Flanno.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All clubs have players in their 30 or even their 17 that they would love to upgrade or change. Our squad has enough talent to have at least win 4 or 5 games so far and be around 10-12 on the ladder.

This year was supposed to be a year of improvement and development before our gun hooker and back rower join next year for a real tilt at the finals. We have regressed and that’s not because of the fucking roster, it’s the coaching staff. Many of our young blokes are being ruined by Barrett and co and the confidence in the decision Burton/JAC etc made to come to the dogs is evaporating every week.

The madness has to stop.
Yep I was willing to give Baz a go this year but when I saw that nothing had changed it was clear to me, eventually, that the guy was a fraud. I'm getting really worried now that Gus seems to be publicly backing him and is posting these stupid stats on his twitter feed as to why we lost the last 2 weeks. He seems to be making excuses for him and accepting mediocrity.

It seems like JK, who apparently listens to the fans and gives a shit about results, is our only hope to do what's right and fire Baz.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you teach a team to catch a ball ?
I guess it all stems from a horse shit game plan.
Play with happy vibes get everyone doing what they should be a hooker with better service .
A seven that knows what he’s doing
Lol if they think Flanagan is the answer.
And anyone else at 13
Put ado car fullback.
Happy days new spine now we can walk .
I agree with everything except Ado Car to fullback.

That will prove to be a mistake.
He is not fit enough.

He is sucking in the big ones all game as it is on the wing.

Ado car to fullback is a hard NO for me.

And if Barrett ever try's that it will be a clear desperation move that will prove to be a massive failure.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes that seems the most likely. Another year of a dead weight roster. We cant move them on on decent terms to make it worthwhile.

It's why there's more pain next year until we have a decent competitive Top 30.

We are still far behind the 8 ball in roster and coaching staff for 2023 to be Top 8 but we can always hope things will turn around and pray that Kiks and Mahoney hold their form with us.
Yep agreed. But if we don’t sign a halfback we will still be near the bottom

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn't the Dolphins say they have signed a few players but they're keeping it secret for some reason. I hope Allen is on that list. Bennett rates him so I'll be shocked if he hasn't made a play for him.

We might be able to offload Thompson to the Storm without getting killed on the freight. Flanno will be tough but I think next year we'll be done paying for DWZ so Flanno can just take his spot. Surely England is calling for Flanno.
Might explain why Allen is having all these extended holidays at our expense :grinning:...saving himself for Bennett.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There may be method in playing Flanno. I think you have to play a certain number of first grade games to be eligible for a visa to play in England. Hopefully once he has done that he can go back to reserve grade.

Agree re Allen. If he is on $500k then I reckon we would have to pay at least $200k freight. If Thompson is on $750k then we probably pay $250-$300k.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep agreed. But if we don’t sign a halfback we will still be near the bottom
Bad place we're in hey :(

But where's the half coming from.

I'm thinking IF Mahoney pans out well for us (and even with his eyes closed passing, he will be better for our forwards and our halves than JMK) and a FB either Toia? OR Fox (for my reasons above) and Burton pulling his finger out and feeling more settled....that we can use BBO as 7 next year and encourage and develop him more and get him game fit. He can do the job if trained for it.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad place we're in hey :(

But where's the half coming from.

I'm thinking IF Mahoney pans out well for us (and even with his eyes closed passing, he will be better for our forwards and our halves than JMK) and a FB either Toia? OR Fox (for my reasons above) and Burton pulling his finger out and feeling more settled....that we can use BBO as 7 next year and encouraged and develop him more and get him game fit. He can do the job if trained for it.
Either him or Jake. At least they possess a running threat and can kick the ball further than a one legged 90 year old grandma.

Maybe there is someone in the lower grades at other clubs stuck behind some good halves. We might see it during the origin period when players are out.

We won’t get anyone established though unless we pay massive overs

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either him or Jake. At least they possess a running threat and can kick the ball further than a one legged 90 year old grandma.

Maybe there is someone in the lower grades at other clubs stuck behind some good halves. We might see it during the origin period when players are out.

Is cooper johns worth a go? At least we receive good press from fox and channel 9.. which psychologically helps us cause we got positivity from journos which helps our players .. i am in disbelief how far we sunk

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There may be method in playing Flanno. I think you have to play a certain number of first grade games to be eligible for a visa to play in England. Hopefully once he has done that he can go back to reserve grade.

Agree re Allen. If he is on $500k then I reckon we would have to pay at least $200k freight. If Thompson is on $750k then we probably pay $250-$300k.
Sure his old club would welcome him back or Redcliffe would want

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I'm afraid I don't see Jake making it here. Elsewhere yes.

He is too tentative and not aggressive enough in this system here and fits into the great athlete category but not a great footballer.

I see another MBye. He could be great but needs to get out of here asap if he wants to develop his talent. Needs to head to Bellamy or kill it in a stint in UK for confidence, come back and maybe resume his NRL career. Holbrook "may be" a good nurturing coach for him as well.

Terrible that we have sunk so low that we are now contemplating our own juniors doing better and developing at other clubs.