Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/09/16/dogs-fire-kasiano-evans-re-match

Bulldogs prop Sam Kasiano was floored by Roosters counterpart Kane Evans in their last encounter back in round 21.

Canterbury players have been winding up teammate Sam Kasiano for his keenly-anticipated rematch with Sydney Roosters counterpart Kane Evans in Friday night's NRL semi-final.

Evans floored fellow giant prop Kasiano in their last clash back in round 21 with such a spectacular shoulder charge that the NRL tightened its laws on the no-arms tackle method, resulting in nine players being charged over a three-week period.

Bulldogs halfback Moses Mbye says the team have been ribbing the popular front-rower for the return bout with Evans this weekend.

Asked on Wednesday whether they were reminding Kasiano of Evans' monster hit, Mbye admitted: "Maybe a little bit, maybe a little bit."

At the time, Kasiano congratulated his counterpart for the shot and led a chorus of those calling for the shoulder charge to remain legal.

The 24-year-old Kasiano played down the return bout at Allianz Stadium, saying that the team simply wanted to keep its premiership aspirations alive.

However he didn't deny he was looking to exact revenge.

Pressed on the chances of him squaring up the ledger, he said: "I guess we'll see on Friday.

"I loved it. It was physical, and that's what we love."

Mbye said he was also looking forward to the two big boppers re-acquainting themselves on the paddock, but doubted there would be a repeat of the outlawed collision with players unwilling to risk suspension during the finals.

"I don't know what's going to happen there. You can't shoulder charge, so it'll have to be by the book," he said.

"It'll be good. I think Sammy's got it in the back of his mind what happened last time. I'm sure Kane's keen to do that again."

The Roosters led 22-0 in that last encounter before holding off a furious Bulldogs comeback to score an entertaining 38-28 win.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he can't shoulder charge him this time and that's the only he could of stopped Sammy k so I'm predicting Sam to run over the top of him this time and Pritchard and beastwood to smash him in defence. Would love to see Evans on the end of one of those cook perfect driving lifting tackles, what technique Damien has for a small guy

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing Kas start the match. Get a couple of tries early, would be nice.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep looking forward to seeing Sam run over the top of that little bitch. Hopefully the boys fire up, dominate the ruck and hold onto the ball.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It only took 3 of them incl Evans the *** to put kas on his backside. Funny how Evans didn't run it straight back at kas once in the game???

just hope kas keeps his cool and doesn't do anything silly that could jeopardise our chances of winning or going down to 12 men.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will see what sort of mentality the boys go into the game this week.

They are coming up against a Monster forward pack missing JWH, Moa has been on a smashing spree as of late, Nappa is just a dirty C#nt, Evans thinks his king Sh!t after one hit, Cordner is an Asshole(Lietrally).

If our boys Don't fire the F@k up for this match it will be disappointing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The best way to hit back is to win the match tbh

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
The time to play their best footy has arrived and our boys need to make a pact to keep wining until they lift that GF trophy.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Kas is best to focus on his job and not one other opposition player out of ego's sake. that will bit us in the wrong place! - I hope Des makes that clear.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
kane evans is the least of our worries...
reserve grade standard...only famous for his illegal shoulder charge on Kas...
that should sum him up..
concentrate on our game plan and execute...and we will win...dnt want to be at judiciary mid week again...we need a full uninterrupted week training in Brissy so we can beat them up there again

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It only took 3 of them incl Evans the *** to put kas on his backside. Funny how Evans didn't run it straight back at kas once in the game???

just hope kas keeps his cool and doesn't do anything silly that could jeopardise our chances of winning or going down to 12 men.
Yeh 3 on one will do that to you. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Evans run at Kas, Frankie and Eastwood all at once

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I hope kasiano smashes that prick and leaves him concussed

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The best way to hit back is to win the match tbh
Yep, if you focus on payback that's when the other team can get on top. Hopefully kas just does his job, holds the ball and makes good metres for us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yep, if you focus on payback that's when the other team can get on top. Hopefully kas just does his job, holds the ball and makes good metres for us.
"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius
Haha, whenever they talk about us getting revenge on someone (especially ex-players) it hardly works out for us. Hopefully Evans is focused on it more than us and we just win the game.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we cannot afford to concentrate to much on squaring up with kane evans, the dogs should be out there to win the game not settle an old debt

Status
Not open for further replies.