News Dogs enter race for $1m Moses signature as Gus pulls off Sydney raid: Jimmy Brings

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Wests Tigers aren’t the only NRL club sharpening their pencil to have a crack at Parramatta’s grand final halfback Mitchell Moses.

Powerbrokers at Canterbury-Bankstown have also identified Moses as the no.7 who can help pilot the club back towards being a top four side and have discussed making a major play to try and land his signature from arch rivals Parramatta.

The development should have alarm bells blaring at the Eels because the Bulldogs are clearly a club on the way up and a halves combination of Moses and Matt Burton in 2024 would transform the Dogs into a serious title contender.

What it most certainly means is Moses is on target to become the NRL’s next $1 million per season player given the Eels, Wests Tigers and Canterbury-Bankstown are all at the table.

The curve ball impediment in terms of the negotiating process is Bulldogs king pin Phil Gould and Moses’s agent and cousin Isaac Moses have long been off.

Gould and Issac Moses have been no speakies for a number of years now but Moses is close to a number of other influential types at the club and that’s how the ball has started rolling.

The possible addition of Moses to a side gaining Reed Mahoney, Viliame Kikau and Ryan Sutton for 2023 shows the Bulldogs mean business under new coach Cameron Ciraldo.

And there’s also no question the club is still seriously looking at making a major play for Panthers back Stephen Crichton to play fullback in 2024.

Canterbury-Bankstown are currently in the process of undergoing a major roster overhaul with a host of current Bulldogs players given permission to look around for other clubs.

The idea is to clear the decks with a view to being able to add another two marquee signings to the roster for 2024.

GOULD’S SYDNEY RAID

The other area where the Bulldogs have been busy bolstering their ranks is right in Gould’s sweet spot in junior development.

Canterbury-Bankstown have recently signed some of the best emerging talent in the Jersey Flegg ranks by raiding the Sydney Roosters and Cronulla Sharks.

Where the Bulldogs have been smart is by offering the rookie players NRL train and trial contracts on top of their playing contracts in the junior grades.

It means new Bulldogs coach Ciraldo is going to have a huge squad of players over the course of the summer during pre-season training.

It also points towards the Canterbury-Bankstown being on the fast track back towards becoming an NRL powerhouse.
There could be some elements of truth to this story...
Gus and Arthur Coorey recently met, is Arthur doing the wheeling and dealing with his cousins Moses or is it just his brother George up to mischief ? :grimacing:
But why do I get the feeling Gus is up to what Gus normally gets up to ?
Push the Tigpies to make a quick decision to secure Mouses, Hastings gets released a year earlier to us, his contract money is used to top other players contracts for 2023 making it easier to fit Moses under the cap 2024.
Only if I could find the Crystal ball :tearsofjoy:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As a 2024 prospect so adding a year of age onto all the 7's he is top 3 as it stands now - Cleary, Hughes then Moses has to be right there rating as 3rd best?
That’s debatable. Nico Hynes had just as good a season as Moses. Think there is a fair gap after the first 2.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Really can't see it happening. We have some players on decent money - Burton when he re-signs, TPJ, Kikau, Mahoney,

I can't see how we add a million dollar player. I know we have a shitload of players off contract 2023 but we would need to play some average players around those already signed to stay within the cap.
Flanno and Allan’s money. That’s a mil right there.
Thommos 750k that can go on a cheaper solid prop or 2.
Waddell can go we have a few good backrowers coming through. We will have the money for sure.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s debatable. Nico Hynes had just as good a season as Moses. Think there is a fair gap after the first 2.
Wouldn't disagree, very good player..couldn't win a game in the finals is that a negative? Small one maybe but anyway he isn't available.
Only way we have a quality 7 for 2024 is to sign him, no other magical solution is going to appear, you would seriously question who might even be able to rise up from our own depth for 2025 as it stands now.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't disagree, very good player..couldn't win a game in the finals is that a negative? Small one maybe but anyway he isn't available.
Only way we have a quality 7 for 2024 is to sign him, no other magical solution is going to appear, you would seriously question who might even be able to rise up from our own depth for 2025 as it stands now.
Man Nicho got a lot of credit for what Moylan was doing .. no disrespect and Nicho did a fantastic job but Moylan had his best season alongside him and did alot of good work that I feel like went unoticed or even the credit was given to Nicho because of the love fest for him atm

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honest question. Do we need a top top half?

Yes, of course it'd be easier but we've played finals and succeeded with the Hughes brothers in the halves. And Keating at one point from memory?

If the right player isn't out there then so be it I say. We'll still get back to where we once were

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This game against Australia tells you that he is no where near worth a million dollars.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Keep making excuses lol. He has been dogshit, thats not all on his teammates. Genuinely has looked disinterested all game, in a World Cup Final.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems the bull rushes from journos every time Moses is mentioned.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Amazing pass from the million dollar man :hearteyes:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Really can't see it happening. We have some players on decent money - Burton when he re-signs, TPJ, Kikau, Mahoney,

I can't see how we add a million dollar player. I know we have a shitload of players off contract 2023 but we would need to play some average players around those already signed to stay within the cap.
600k is value for Mahoney... :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I'll see myself out