News Dogs enter race for $1m Moses signature as Gus pulls off Sydney raid: Jimmy Brings

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Wests Tigers aren’t the only NRL club sharpening their pencil to have a crack at Parramatta’s grand final halfback Mitchell Moses.

Powerbrokers at Canterbury-Bankstown have also identified Moses as the no.7 who can help pilot the club back towards being a top four side and have discussed making a major play to try and land his signature from arch rivals Parramatta.

The development should have alarm bells blaring at the Eels because the Bulldogs are clearly a club on the way up and a halves combination of Moses and Matt Burton in 2024 would transform the Dogs into a serious title contender.

What it most certainly means is Moses is on target to become the NRL’s next $1 million per season player given the Eels, Wests Tigers and Canterbury-Bankstown are all at the table.

The curve ball impediment in terms of the negotiating process is Bulldogs king pin Phil Gould and Moses’s agent and cousin Isaac Moses have long been off.

Gould and Issac Moses have been no speakies for a number of years now but Moses is close to a number of other influential types at the club and that’s how the ball has started rolling.

The possible addition of Moses to a side gaining Reed Mahoney, Viliame Kikau and Ryan Sutton for 2023 shows the Bulldogs mean business under new coach Cameron Ciraldo.

And there’s also no question the club is still seriously looking at making a major play for Panthers back Stephen Crichton to play fullback in 2024.

Canterbury-Bankstown are currently in the process of undergoing a major roster overhaul with a host of current Bulldogs players given permission to look around for other clubs.

The idea is to clear the decks with a view to being able to add another two marquee signings to the roster for 2024.

GOULD’S SYDNEY RAID

The other area where the Bulldogs have been busy bolstering their ranks is right in Gould’s sweet spot in junior development.

Canterbury-Bankstown have recently signed some of the best emerging talent in the Jersey Flegg ranks by raiding the Sydney Roosters and Cronulla Sharks.

Where the Bulldogs have been smart is by offering the rookie players NRL train and trial contracts on top of their playing contracts in the junior grades.

It means new Bulldogs coach Ciraldo is going to have a huge squad of players over the course of the summer during pre-season training.

It also points towards the Canterbury-Bankstown being on the fast track back towards becoming an NRL powerhouse.

Last edited:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not one quote. Just that some powerbrokers have approached his manager.

We dont really have "powerbrokers" in relation to football matters these days. We only have one and thats Gus.

The fact that he doesnt speak to Moses' manager gives a pretty good indication the article is horseshit

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Before anyone gets excited or worked up about this.. They're going to link us and the usual clubs in need of a half to Moses and others regardless of how much fact there is to it. It's the start of the silly season with teams able to negotiate with players for 2024 soon and they need to keep the rumour mill churning..

As they said in the article, Gus and Isaac Moses don't get along, making any potential deal even more unlikely.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before anyone gets excited or worked up about this.. They're going to link us and the usual clubs in need of a half to Moses and others regardless of how much fact there is to it. It's the start of the silly season with teams able to negotiate with players for 2024 soon and they need to keep the rumour mill churning..

As they said in the article, Gus and Isaac Moses don't get along, making any potential deal even more unlikely.
How is that good for Moses as the client though? It’s the agent’s job in working in Moses’ best interests so he he is being negligent in his duties by passing on any opportunity with us.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know the cause of the issue between Gus and Isaac Moses?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact Gould and Moses' manager don't get on could.be a stumbling block

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is that good for Moses as the client though? It’s the agent’s job in working in Moses’ best interests so he he is being negligent in his duties by passing on any opportunity with us.
There are always player managers who have strong relationships with certain clubs/CEO's/GM's/Coaches and who have bad relationships with others. Sometimes it prevents deals from happening, sometimes it doesn't. That's just the nature of the business.

Especially with so many player managers fucking clubs around and vice versa with clubs and players.

Either way, I don't think Moses will leave Parra and if he does, I think the Tigers or another club are more likely than us.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are always player managers who have strong relationships with certain clubs/CEO's/GM's/Coaches and who have bad relationships with others. Sometimes it prevents deals from happening, sometimes it doesn't. That's just the nature of the business.

Especially with so many player managers fucking clubs around and vice versa with clubs and players.

Either way, I don't think Moses will leave Parra and if he does, I think the Tigers or another club are more likely than us.
I think he'll stay with Parra but we're much more likely than the Tigers. He wants to win a comp so why would he go to the Tigers? The money will be the same from both clubs so it's about the roster and coach. We win that fight hands down

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he'll stay with Parra but we're much more likely than the Tigers. He wants to win a comp so why would he go to the Tigers? The money will be the same from both clubs so it's about the roster and coach. We win that fight hands down
I think clubs like the Tigers and Dolphins would offer far more than we would. I can't see Gus getting into a bidding war for him. Moses was a junior there and Gus not getting along with his agent makes things trickier. But I agree that he's likely to stay at Parra and any of these rumours leaked by his agent are purely designed to drive up his price with Parra and nothing else.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Watch them change the train and trial contracts now because we're using them to pay kids an extra 1k a week lol.
Panther Scum got away with it during Gould Panther Era, we won’t though. NRL hates Bulldog and dickrides Panther

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree probably management seeking more $ from eels. That said he’s an elite 7 and perfect for us. Dream result is him or latrell for our major signing for the spine. I doubt it happens.

The eels would be feeling it with him and brown no doubt getting 1mil+ offers with tigers, dolphins lurking without us.

I can honestly say now eels have lost Mahoney and papal’i we are probably the best positioned to compete with Moses. Hopefully he sees it that way too.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s eels or tigers that’s it, everything and everyone else is just another ploy to up his price. I’d be very very surprised if we are even in the picture atall for his signature. He is already on like 900k at parra so I’m pretty sure 100k isn’t gona change his mind.