Fox Sports DOGS DRAW UP TARGET LIST

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Bateman is a known target for Canterbury, but there’s another Raider the Dogs have their eye on.

Nick Cotric has been touted as a potential new signing for the struggling club who will have their full salary cap available to them next year.

Cotric is off contract and the 21-year-old has been offered a new three-year deal.

But Canberra are understood to see him as a winger rather than a centre.

That could see him depart the Raiders with Jarrod Croker and Curtis Scott both ahead of him and on long-term deals.

With Jack Cogger and Kieran Foran off contract, the Dogs are look to sure up their halves

more is that the Bulldogs are also looking at Jackson Hastings.

TotalRL.com reported a fortnight ago that Hastings was being chased by both the Warriors and the Bulldogs.

The Great Britain international is understood to have a release clause in his contract that allows him to leave Wigan if he receives an offer from the NRL.

Hastings’ exit could allow the iconic English club tos splash the cash and lure Bateman back to the UK.

England-based journalist John Davidson has suggested that centre Oliver Gildart could also be a target for the Dogs.

Gildart recently signed with an Australian manager with an ambition to test himself in the NRL.

Elsewhere, Adam Elliott looks set to walk away from the Dogs after the club reportedly lowballed him with the Dragons and Canberra both keen.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could just put all the free agents up on white board and throw darts.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cotric, Bateman, Hastings in, Elliot out. That would put some excitement back into the club.

I like Elliot but at no more than 300k
Elliott in the nude doing a helicopter not exciting enough?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least they have some good players in their sights, problem is we still have a coach who needs to go. And more clean up, So would be nice to know who we are targeting in that aspect.!!!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if cotric, jac and bateman went to the roosters.
Last time there was this much silence was with Cooper cronk and we all know where he ended up.
You have to ask yourself why ricky was blowing up so much when bateman announced he was leaving.
Wasn't it ricky that rang pay to tell him to sign bateman?
He wouldn't be blowing up if he came to the dogs.
Something doesn't make sense.
Cotric, Bateman, Hastings in, Elliot out. That would put some excitement back into the club.

I like Elliot but at no more than 300k

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would Hastings make a decent hooker? He does have some speed. Just a matter of he has the passing game. Would be similar to cook.

Would make a good 5/8 but I still see him needing an experienced half to lead the team in the nrl and then just let him Do his own thing.

Cotric is a huge upgrade. Bateman seems out of reach, Hastings is not too bad. Great utility who can play 1, 6, 9. But I feel his most value would be a super sub which wouldn’t be what he would want. By all reports has a chip on his shoulder and is impatient. Interesting to see what position he would want to play as well. If you include our current bunch (Lewis, averillo, Foran are all 5/8s and Hastings game is more a 6 then 7 even though it’s right half/left half these days And number on your back means nothing).

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved the part where it said that we’ll have the full salary cap available next year.

Which smart person was hired to write this?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would Hastings make a decent hooker? He does have some speed. Just a matter of he has the passing game. Would be similar to cook.

Would make a good 5/8 but I still see him needing an experienced half to lead the team in the nrl and then just let him Do his own thing.

Cotric is a huge upgrade. Bateman seems out of reach, Hastings is not too bad. Great utility who can play 1, 6, 9. But I feel his most value would be a super sub which wouldn’t be what he would want. By all reports has a chip on his shoulder and is impatient. Interesting to see what position he would want to play as well. If you include our current bunch (Lewis, averillo, Foran are all 5/8s and Hastings game is more a 6 then 7 even though it’s right half/left half these days And number on your back means nothing).
I think Hastings would be at his best being the secondary playmaker but as a halfback. He is a Chad Townsend, good at all the basics but he needs a James Maloney type to control the team. If Foran wasn't so crook, I'd say he is probably the perfect partner to Hastings, and we could try it out for a year but it would be a short term solution until a better playmaker hits the market.

He made his debut at 18 if I remember correctly and was brought into a side who were premiers the year prior, it was probably too much pressure on a kid his age, and I genuinely believe he was made a scapegoat at Manly. For someone his age to have gone through all that and then move to the other side of the world and rebuild their career says a lot about their character. He would come back as a seasoned pro and he is still so young.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Hastings would be at his best being the secondary playmaker but as a halfback. He is a Chad Townsend, good at all the basics but he needs a James Maloney type to control the team. If Foran wasn't so crook, I'd say he is probably the perfect partner to Hastings, and we could try it out for a year but it would be a short term solution until a better playmaker hits the market.

He made his debut at 18 if I remember correctly and was brought into a side who were premiers the year prior, it was probably too much pressure on a kid his age, and I genuinely believe he was made a scapegoat at Manly. For someone his age to have gone through all that and then move to the other side of the world and rebuild their career says a lot about their character. He would come back as a seasoned pro and he is still so young.
Anyone who is saying that he is crap, hasn’t watched him play! He is a gun! Sign him up now!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Imagine if cotric, jac and bateman went to the roosters.
Last time there was this much silence was with Cooper cronk and we all know where he ended up.
You have to ask yourself why ricky was blowing up so much when bateman announced he was leaving.
Wasn't it ricky that rang pay to tell him to sign bateman?
He wouldn't be blowing up if he came to the dogs.
Something doesn't make sense.
Well Bateman is officially going to to Wigan so yeeeeaaa

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
They drew up a list. Just didn’t know what else to do when they didn’t ring them....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They drew up a list. Just didn’t know what else to do when they didn’t ring them....
They board sit on their hands, they think they can rest on their laurels, which makes this whole thing even more shocking..

Des,dib and co was bad (really bad) but one thing they did was actually have a go, set goals , at least tried to make a messy situation better.!!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des,dib and co was bad (really bad) but one thing they did was actually have a go, set goals , at least tried to make a messy situation better.!!
"They tried to make a messy situation better".....by signing sharron....foran on a 4 yr 1m per year deal? Enlighten me? I agree that the current board have backed themselves into a corner because they have a coach who cant attract marquees and they wont pay overs. In the last 3 months we have been linked to Bellamy, Bennett, trbvjek bros, fafita, bateman, cotric ... the list goes on.....and guess what ... they all said no. All we pick up is tripe like napa, stimpson & britt who are closer to bench players than marquees. 30 June passed and we picked up no one. The long game for Canterbury is rebuild the junior production line but we are now in our 3rd season post Des & Dibb and I am yet to see anything hitting 1st grade that isn't a scrub. 2021 was the date the board said we were out of this mess but we have signed 1 pommy forward who is unproven in NRL & useless when we have a spine that is effectively quadriplegic. Go help us if they trot out more steaming turds like safiti, watson, Kerr & jarome Hopoate and tell us they are marquees.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"They tried to make a messy situation better".....by signing sharron....foran on a 4 yr 1m per year deal? Enlighten me? I agree that the current board have backed themselves into a corner because they have a coach who cant attract marquees and they wont pay overs. In the last 3 months we have been linked to Bellamy, Bennett, trbvjek bros, fafita, bateman, cotric ... the list goes on.....and guess what ... they all said no. All we pick up is tripe like napa, stimpson & britt who are closer to bench players than marquees. 30 June passed and we picked up no one. The long game for Canterbury is rebuild the junior production line but we are now in our 3rd season post Des & Dibb and I am yet to see anything hitting 1st grade that isn't a scrub. 2021 was the date the board said we were out of this mess but we have signed 1 pommy forward who is unproven in NRL & useless when we have a spine that is effectively quadriplegic.
The whole thing just stinks, from back then to now.. it’s not any better, it’s worse and unless pay goes and a whole clean out happens, 2021 will be another write off.!!!

looking back at the Des/dib era, and looking at what’s happened since, 3 years on and we still have no answers, no light at the end of the tunnel, its very disheartening an that’s a understatement..!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My inside sauce just gave me the list the club had drawn up and is targetting, if you ask me its pretty accurate as to what the club thinks we need to win games.