Rumour Dogs coaching structure

Malla

Reaction score
CBF checking if there is another thread on this.

I have been told that Gus is putting an extreme amount of pressure on Baz and his assistants. Gus wants to restructure the way its currently set up - it's not so much the people, it's more the way its structured at the moment. Too top heavy and not enough focus on juniors and development of players from reggies to first grade.

He has also rubbished the recruitment over the last 12 months.

I think its a bad thing for Baz that pretty much all of his recruits except Burton, will be pushed out. Would not be surprised at all if this time next year we will have a whole new coaching staff.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I have been told that Gus is putting an extreme amount of pressure on Baz and his assistants. Gus wants to restructure the way its currently set up - it's not so much the people, it's more the way its structured at the moment. Too top heavy and not enough focus on juniors and development of players from reggies to first grade.

I think its a bad thing for Baz that pretty much all of his recruits except Burton, will be pushed out. Would not be surprised at all if this time next year we will have a whole new coaching staff.
Does this include recruits for 2022 or just the 2021 recruits? Surely along with Burton, Gus wouldn’t have a problem with JAC, TPJ etc. I can understand Gus wanting to move on Waddell, Flanagan, Allen.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

I’m fine with coaching staff being moved on if we underperform again next year. But what was the centre of excellence for juniors JK was talking about well before Gus came on board? I can see some guys like Corey Allan and Cotric being moved on the same way DWZ did but some of Baz’s picks like Hethro are blokes that Gould rates highly.

It’s common sense everyone at the club is under pressure after a wooden spoon season too. Personally I think Gould will
Mentor Baz the way he did with Sticky at the rosters and try and put the best people around him. As for the junior development I think everybody at the club is focused on juniors now, but that’s a long term play you don’t reap the benefits overnight.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m fine with coaching staff being moved on if we underperform again next year. But what was the centre of excellence for juniors JK was talking about well before Gus came on board? I can see some guys like Corey Allan and Cotric being moved on the same way DWZ did but some of Baz’s picks like Hethro are blokes that Gould rates highly.

I think it’s common sense everyone at the club is under pressure after a wooden spoon season too. Personally I think Gould will
Mentor Baz the way he did with Sticky at the rosters and try and put the best people around him. As for the junior development I think everybody at the club is focused on juniors now, but that’s a long term play you don’t reap the benefits overnight.
Well from what im hearing all the coaching staff including barret and the assistants and dan ferris only got 8 weeks of next season to prove themself but even if they go good gus is getting rid of some of the coaching staff

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does this include recruits for 2022 or just the 2021 recruits? Surely along with Burton, Gus wouldn’t have a problem with JAC, TPJ etc. I can understand Gus wanting to move on Waddell, Flanagan, Allen.
Yh and cotric even and jackson and elliot

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well from what im hearing all the coaching staff including barret and the assistants and dan ferris only got 8 weeks of next season to prove themself but even if they go good gus is getting rid of some of the coaching staff
Well yes Buzz Rothfield concocted an article recently about Gus telling Baz he’s got 8 weeks to show something but I mean really is that rocket science? We got the spoon this year and if we don’t dramatically improve next year with another full off season and some quality recruits it pretty much goes without saying there needs to be a change.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well yes Buzz Rothfield concocted an article recently about Gus telling Baz he’s got 8 weeks to show something but I mean really is that rocket science? We got the spoon this year and if we don’t dramatically improve next year with another full off season and some quality recruits it pretty much goes without saying there needs to be a change.
Yh i agree him and his coaching staff should only get 8 weeks to prove themself

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
I know a culture cant be built in a year but we do look like we have no identity.

Personally, and even before we signed baz, i never thought hes the mould/figure that can take us forward, especially his assistants.

He makes a really good assistant, wish hed go back to that, at our club, and bring in.... million dollar Question is, who?
To coach that is.....

I trust Gus.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Surely you mean 2021 recruits not the guys coming in 2022