SportingNews/Lurker Dogs Circling Sharks!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buying Levi just for the sake of signing a hooker is a mistake for mine. He’s not any better then JMK.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Im really surprised as danny levi has killed it this year he must not get on with brown i know the reaction ill get but levi would be a massive upgrade on what we have and has a really clean passing game
Levi is a good player, but seems to fatigue rather fast, that’s when his game starts to go to shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Deadset like the other guy said. Go and throw b Smith 600k a year, 3-4 years. Starting 9. Test his fucking commitment to sitting behind c smith and having a future battle with grant or whatever his name is?

If he says no try 700k he is worth every cent for us. Not only is he one of the best prospects for hooking he is ready made for instant success and plays hard as fuck.

We are stupid throwing 300k to marshal and lichaa ffs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
6 1/2 minutes into Sharks vs Broncos and Dugan already down injured but stays on the field.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Deadset like the other guy said. Go and throw b Smith 600k a year, 3-4 years. Starting 9. Test his fucking commitment to sitting behind c smith and having a future battle with grant or whatever his name is?

If he says no try 700k he is worth every cent for us. Not only is he one of the best prospects for hooking he is ready made for instant success and plays hard as fuck.

We are stupid throwing 300k to marshal and lichaa ffs
I totally agree also whispers that cameron might even play on after next year just put that in his head if you were smart,brandon Smith is the player we could build our team around

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I totally agree also whispers that cameron might even play on after next year just put that in his head if you were smart,brandon Smith is the player we could build our team around
Storm will play him somewhere. The only players Storm lose are ones they don't really rate.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What everyone thought of Billy Walters

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6 1/2 minutes into Sharks vs Broncos and Dugan already down injured but stays on the field.
He does that about 5 times every game.

Might have to make a drinking game out of it actually, I'll be smashed before the 30 minute mark

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Inglis?

Go Dogs
Extenuating circumstances...caught massively over the cap, needed to offload a large contract player asap, why not the drinker who's been done for domestic violence that isn't part of your spine?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The only players Storm lose are ones they don't really rate.
In addition to Inglis, just from memory;
Justin O'Neil
Gareth Widdop
Sika Manu
Kevin Proctor
James Maloney
Sisa Waqa
Marika Koroibete
Tim Glasby
Isreal Folau
James Aubusson
Michael Crocker
Steve Turner
etc etc

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In addition to Inglis, just from memory;
Justin O'Neil
Gareth Widdop
Sika Manu
Kevin Proctor
James Maloney
Sisa Waqa
Marika Koroibete
Tim Glasby
Isreal Folau
James Aubusson
Michael Crocker
Steve Turner
etc etc

Go Dogs
I said that THEY don't rate, not that aren't good players.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I said that THEY don't rate, not that aren't good players.
I was waiting for that response .................. leading to the obvious ..................... then maybe they need to look at their rating process.;)

My thinking with Melbourne is that they have this halo where many think that they can do no wrong, ever. Hence the constant stream of posts about never ever making a recruiting error, which they in fact do quite frequently. Compounded by an even more constant stream of posts about never ever releasing players that do OK (or, heaven forbid, even better) at other teams, which again they do quite frequently. This falsehood leads to posts that claim any ex Melbourne player we sign must be shit for no other reason than Melbourne let them go.

Don't get me wrong they do pretty damn well, but they ain't perfect, they do make bad recruiting decisions and they do release good quality players (most often because of salary cap constraints).

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was waiting for that response .................. leading to the obvious ..................... then maybe they need to look at their rating process.;)

My thinking with Melbourne is that they have this halo where many think that they can do no wrong, ever. Hence the constant stream of posts about never ever making a recruiting error, which they in fact do quite frequently. Compounded by an even more constant stream of posts about never ever releasing players that do OK (or, heaven forbid, even better) at other teams, which again they do quite frequently. This falsehood leads to posts that claim any ex Melbourne player we sign must be shit for no other reason than Melbourne let them go.

Don't get me wrong they do pretty damn well, but they ain't perfect, they do make bad recruiting decisions and they do release good quality players (most often because of salary cap constraints).

Go Dogs
No team in the history of any sport gets every recruitment decision right, not even the greatest teams. But Melbourne and Bellamy are far better than any club at identifying and developing young players and have an endless production line of young talent at every position which is highly impressive for a club with no junior base.

You keep nitpicking the Storm and Bellamy while trying to question their dominance when it's quite obvious to everyone else that they've been a successful and consistent club for the past 15 years or more.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No team in the history of any sport gets every recruitment decision right, not even the greatest teams. But Melbourne and Bellamy are far better than any club at identifying and developing young players and have an endless production line of young talent at every position which is highly impressive for a club with no junior base.
You keep nitpicking the Storm and Bellamy while trying to question their dominance when it's quite obvious to everyone else that they've been a successful and consistent club for the past 15 years or more.
I'm glad that you agree that they aren't perfect, which was my point, they do make mistakes in both recruiting and releasing players.

Go Dogs