News Dogs boss Lynne shows real bite in blast at NRL

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bite? Blast at the NRL?

I'm happy the club appealed but there was no bite, there was no blast, we rolled over and instead approached it as "please Mr NRL we've been naughty, but please reduce the fine as it's not really that bad".

Bite - would have been telling the NRL to stick their fine and that the issue would never have been spoken about if not for media partners of the NRL hiring scissor lifts to take private photos of a private venue 3 stories up.

Blasting the NRL - would have been telling them that last time we tried to take things privately, Ch9 rented fucking helicopters.

Blasting would have been asking the NRL "what do YOU think we could have done better", because the answer would have been deathly silence.

Blasting would have been comparing the incident to every other one and asking why fines were not handed out when many other players have bought the game into disrepute.

Blasting would have been asking why first strike cocaine offenders, and NRL drink drivers are treated less harshly.

Blasting would have been asking why Fifita can intimidate Jnr Refs and get away with less.

The clubs reply was a fart in a bath tub. Probably satisfying for all involved, but not a lot of purpose to it.
I'm glad we had Lynne looking after this and not you!

You have no idea what she even said and you're going off half cocked as ususal.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We know exactly what she said.. it was all in the submission the club put in regarding the arguement of the fine.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can you please post a copy of the submission?
Sorry not submission, I mean the press release the club did.

If there was anything else surely they'd have mentioned it there.

If not, then this entire artiel of Kents is rather pointless.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon we came out OK. I haven't met anyone who really gives a fuck about what the boys did at a private mad Monday. And we've got $125g worth of bonding and motivation.

It was one of those massive knee jerks the NRL does, like with Brett Stewart, that's way out of line with other punishments. But it just gives the NRL a black eye, not the club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

You really think the club put everything they put in the submission in the press release?? You can’t be that naive surely!

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No worries mate, I thought I missed something

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

Lynne shows real bite alright.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know exactly what she said.. it was all in the submission the club put in regarding the arguement of the fine.
Id say what they present to the media and public is far different to what is said to nrl and todd. Just like inside any company theres need to know and nice to know we get fed bare minimal. To be quite honest we dont really need to know as long as she is having a dig

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dude, Lynne and the board have showed more strength and poise in the past few months than Dib ever did. Give up the ghost and stop pining for the old board. The club is in better hands now. The board has made a strong point whilst also avoiding another shitfight with the media that would only cost us more sponsorship dollars. Things were handled in a professional and smart way, imho.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Starting to see a real siege mentality from the board and the players and I love it when the going gets tough the dogs get going bring on 2019!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think you're being a bit harsh. I'm willing to bet all ten Roosters supporters will be there and both Melbourne supporters will attend. No doubt we will be told the record attendance has been broken just like the previous year. And the year before that. And the year before that...
They tried to get footage of roosters fans tonight on the news. They found a house with 10 fans (might be the ones you are referring to :p lol).

Dogs make the final you avoid belmore all week :p lol. Every shop puts out colours and every night there will be people there beating drums and jumping in front of cars :p grand final day the whole suburb closes down.

Roosters and storm make the final and you don’t even know it’s a gf weekend.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh ok. Makes sense now. Front and back page when it happened, a few inches when successfully appealed.
Rather like the two sentences that were written in apology by the media for lambasting the club when the lead investigator told the media the Dogs had nothing to answer for in the Coffs incident. They made their money and retraction of their malicious articles wasn't a priority.

About time shouldn’t be paying a fucking cent to those corrupt spastics let the rabbits off with no repercussions
There so biased green turd has no balls
It's green and red turd now. He's clearly been wearing their colours.

Now how would all of this gone down had Elliott committed suicide because of it? The NRL & News Limited are supposedly big on helping people with mental health issues, but seem more intent on causing them sometimes. One of these days they will pick on the wrong bloke & he will kill himself. It will be too late then. But they do not care as long as they sell newspapers & get their clicks!
If that ever happened they'd milk it for all that they could. Their ethics are non existent.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love this new board and attitude but I can't fight the feeling that even paying 1 cent toward this fine is like admitting guilt for a situation that was forced upon us through a kangaroo court. Leaving both the NRL and Daily Tele smut rag masturbating in their own delusions of self hyped, self absorbed sense of grandeur.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im surprised she didnt get a fine for bringing the game into disrepute. Doubled coz she is a bulldog rep.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Main thing is we mounted somewhat of a fightback and expose about the bias, favouritism and hypocrisy around our club compared to others.

It gave fans and players some pride back and hope and recognition that we aren't push overs and this bs treatment can't, and won't, be tolerated any longer and they will be brought to account in a meaningful and professional way.