News Dogs boss Lynne shows real bite in blast at NRL

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I really wonder how this would have been handled had she been in the Country when it occurred now. I too thought that 125k was ridiculous still but we all knew we would get bent over regardless. She is 1000% correct and every know's it, even those clown clubs that get looked after. You know I would rather be in the underdog gang then the princess gang anytime and her comments are awesome. To take a full frontal jibe at the powerbase and the timing just after conceding the 125k is priceless. Leading up to GF and when we all thought that our club were doing bugger all, perhaps the comment is even worth 125k just so it's out there! Good on her!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Now how would all of this gone down had Elliott committed suicide because of it? The NRL & News Limited are supposedly big on helping people with mental health issues, but seem more intent on causing them sometimes. One of these days they will pick on the wrong bloke & he will kill himself. It will be too late then. But they do not care as long as they sell newspapers & get their clicks!
This is one of the reasons why I called for a professional presentation of our defence to the scum gutter journos and papparazzi.

Elliott etc haven't forgotten and this incident hasn't gone away. He will be bagged and the butt of jokes for an eternity and the court case media circus are yet to be played out and rehashed ad nauseum.

That is why we have to sensibly make a case in front of the public that this all be put into perspective.

Good on you Lynne. Sometimes there are principles and ideals that transcend all else and we must show support for our own.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
about time someone stuck up for us.
Don't know if it's been mentioned before but I just saw a interview with Klem and he pretty much stated like us "if the media didn't take the photos and plaster them in the papers and jump up and down about it no one would know what happened" and then I am certain he stated that maybe we (the players)shouldn't talk to that paper or journalist .

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lynne and the new board are doing a great job, in my honest opinion. Great stuff!
They are.

But, they should have come out & defended the players etc, when the photos hit the papers.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They are.

But, they should have come out & defended the players etc, when the photos hit the papers.
They did about all they could do, IMO. Andrew Hill repeatedly defended the players and said they were good young men multiple times in that first press conference. The club couldn’t really say the players had done nothing inappropriate given the fact those bottom feeders at the Tele got hold of and released those images, but it was repeatedly made clear they were good young guys and the club would stand by them.

Lynne was even stronger in her first statement, making it clear the club didn’t approve of the way the bottom feeders at the Tele went about getting the story and reaffirming the club’s support for the players.

Any club would take time to weigh up the situation and obtain advice on its position.... except for Souths, who just deny, deny, deny knowing the league and media will have their backs. It’s not the same for us. But the club made it clear from the outset that the players concerned were good blokes and that they would be supported.

The media wants fans to turn on the club.... I have no doubt about that. As a supporter, I’m happy with the way things were handled.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
These ***** obviously don't know that we love being against the world, they tried to hurt us, but they have unleashed us.

Bring on 2019...
That's why I love the doggies, it a reflection of my actual life as most of my life I have been on the me against the world mentality because fuckers made me that way for being an individual.

Also, if people want me to play the villian, I'll play the villian...I'm looking at you (my ex)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Now how would all of this gone down had Elliott committed suicide because of it? The NRL & News Limited are supposedly big on helping people with mental health issues, but seem more intent on causing them sometimes. One of these days they will pick on the wrong bloke & he will kill himself. It will be too late then. But they do not care as long as they sell newspapers & get their clicks!
Paul Kent will still find a way to defend that though. Media does no harm and has a duty to report etc

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's why I love the doggies, it a reflection of my actual life as most of my life I have been on the me against the world mentality because fuckers made me that way for being an individual.

Also, if people want me to play the villian, I'll play the villian...I'm looking at you (my ex)
Mate a chick I used to be friend's with current boyfriend threatened to knock me the fuck out at a birthday party and spoke shit about me to my mates as I was in his eyes a "threat" to there relationship.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Peter Moore should be proud of his daughter. She seems to be cut from the same cloth as Bullfrog and I reckon DT and the NRL would have been truly ducking for cover if she had gone full tilt at them. Lynne played it smart though and said all the right things in just the the right way.

You know the way Klemmer has been speaking about this is not surprising.

This type of 'have your mates back' mentality has filtered through to the Intrust boys as well and to a man they were over the moon about the result last Sunday. Comments were pretty similar from the boys, along the liners of ; 'a great end to a crap season'; 'at least something positive has happened for us'; we are thrilled for the fans who have had to go through the uproar over the Mad Monday'

It is great that Adam has worked through this whole thing; I know that I will defend him to the hilt and if anyone says anything derogatory about him watch out! He will be the recipient of some pretty nasty comments from those who don't like our club; if they be Souths fans well they can't talk..have plenty to fire back at them in regards to issues at their club.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't know if it's been mentioned before but I just saw a interview with Klem and he pretty much stated like us "if the media didn't take the photos and plaster them in the papers and jump up and down about it no one would know what happened" and then I am certain he stated that maybe we (the players)shouldn't talk to that paper or journalist .
We fans think like that too. Unfortunately they are pretty much forced to talk to the media, but after some of the stunts pulled by the DT etc. I feel that they would be well within their rights not to talk to those that have caused such angst. It is a pretty poor world when you are TOLD that you have to do something which should be optional.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone post the full article please?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bite? Blast at the NRL?

I'm happy the club appealed but there was no bite, there was no blast, we rolled over and instead approached it as "please Mr NRL we've been naughty, but please reduce the fine as it's not really that bad".

Bite - would have been telling the NRL to stick their fine and that the issue would never have been spoken about if not for media partners of the NRL hiring scissor lifts to take private photos of a private venue 3 stories up.

Blasting the NRL - would have been telling them that last time we tried to take things privately, Ch9 rented fucking helicopters.

Blasting would have been asking the NRL "what do YOU think we could have done better", because the answer would have been deathly silence.

Blasting would have been comparing the incident to every other one and asking why fines were not handed out when many other players have bought the game into disrepute.

Blasting would have been asking why first strike cocaine offenders, and NRL drink drivers are treated less harshly.

Blasting would have been asking why Fifita can intimidate Jnr Refs and get away with less.

The clubs reply was a fart in a bath tub. Probably satisfying for all involved, but not a lot of purpose to it.

Castle is not even half the leader that Lynne is.. The club is in good hands
I don't know about that.

I reckon Rae Rae was great at leading staff down to the Chinese Buffet for lunch!

Can someone post the full article please?
That IS the full article... it's just a few paragraphs of crap.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unleash the dog of war klem. All this shit is exactly what the boys needed to feel that hate for the opposition cause where being hard done buy. Feel that fucking fire in the belly boys, bring on 2019 where gonna crush some ***** next year and let em know they just played the bulldogs. I can feel it...... go u good things. Dogs of war klem feed it into em.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bite? Blast at the NRL?

I'm happy the club appealed but there was no bite, there was no blast, we rolled over and instead approached it as "please Mr NRL we've been naughty, but please reduce the fine as it's not really that bad".

Bite - would have been telling the NRL to stick their fine and that the issue would never have been spoken about if not for media partners of the NRL hiring scissor lifts to take private photos of a private venue 3 stories up.

Blasting the NRL - would have been telling them that last time we tried to take things privately, Ch9 rented fucking helicopters.

Blasting would have been asking the NRL "what do YOU think we could have done better", because the answer would have been deathly silence.

Blasting would have been comparing the incident to every other one and asking why fines were not handed out when many other players have bought the game into disrepute.

Blasting would have been asking why first strike cocaine offenders, and NRL drink drivers are treated less harshly.

Blasting would have been asking why Fifita can intimidate Jnr Refs and get away with less.

The clubs reply was a fart in a bath tub. Probably satisfying for all involved, but not a lot of purpose to it.

I don't know about that.

I reckon Rae Rae was great at leading staff down to the Chinese Buffet for lunch!

That IS the full article... it's just a few paragraphs of crap.
Mate you talk as though you know what she said. You know nothing!! Its a small article in the paper, alls they know is that she drove a rocket up the nrl. If they dont know what was said well how the hell do you?!
Im sick of reading posts on here about how people think they know with no evidence. Id like to think she did otherwise they wouldnt of even reported it!!