Dogs Block Roberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
halatau is on our bench rather than roberts i think because halatau can play any position including in the forwards roberts cant.. so i think thats why he isnt in our top 17

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Look I don't anyone to get me wrong

A. Keating > Roberts, more consistent, better all round ... I've accepted, and agree with it

B. Roberts is under contract, should play out the season ... okay no prblem

I just want the club to man up and admit they rate Keating more (as we all do) and let Benny leave if he doesn't want to be here any longer ... he's too good to be in Reserve grade

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one is questioning Moore's decision
I know that. I'm just making the point that Roberts needs to be more patient. Its only Round 4 and for him to be whinging about not getting picked and wanting to leave at this stage of the season is ridiculous.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I know that. I'm just making the point that Roberts needs to be more patient. Its only Round 4 and for him to be whinging about not getting picked and wanting to leave at this stage of the season is ridiculous.
In a way it is I agree ... but in reality when you KNOW deep down the halves are set and they are set ... Roberts didn't even get first priority when Keating was unproven let alone now. And you have other clubs who actually want you in FG now, it's kind of understandable

I'm sure Benny would rather be playing FG with the Dogs, but when you come to grip of reality the offers are there you can't blame the bloke

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
From Roberts' point of view:

He sat out most of last year due to injury when I'm sure all he wanted to do was back up and improve on his 09 form. Now he's sitting out this year (so far and likely mostly) in NSW Cup. It's got to be frustrating, especially when he has offers of an NRL start elsewhere.

bulldogs808

Waterboy
Reaction score
roberts was happy to receive full pay when injured so the dogs have made right decision to block any move for a release. people say he can play 4 or 5 positions but realistically he will only ever play first grade at half or 5/8. he "could" play centre but obviosuly moore doesnt want to otherwise hed have been replacing morris when he was injured. no point picking a bloke on the bench to play 7minutes. If we have an injury we can cover it. pritchard, forster or haluatal can play wider if need be.

another good decision by greenburg and co

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Eedz, just answer this question with a yes or no.

Do you think Roberts is in NSW Cup because of Keating? Honestly.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Look I've never done this hear say nonsense before BUT Roberts comes into my mates restuarant all the time and he hasn't touched a drink in over a year. He has made great improvements on and off the field (he wouldn't be at the club if he hadn't or had an attitude)

Thats not the case, the guy simply wants to play FG which is fair IMO
i can vouch for that at least for one night :p at the camden hotel he was downing red bulls only lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this thread proves that kennelers who said that it is over for roberts are wrong and perhaps even idiots

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
^^ this is all I needed lol

Rodzilla will argue why the sky is in fact pink to prove me wrong lol

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
lol

Okay.
Roberts wouldn't have been on the bench in Rd 1 if it was about something else

I'm sure Moore's stratergy wasn't to play him for 1 minute in the end for an injuried player, he was there to interchange with Keating ... but Keating stole the show, hence why Roberts was no longer needed

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
^^ this is all I needed lol

Rodzilla will argue why the sky is in fact pink to prove me wrong lol
im not proving you wrong because i thought you were supportive of roberts?

im attacking the anti roberts people who think he is useless to the dogs even this year for example hani

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
im not proving you wrong because i thought you were supportive of roberts?

im attacking the anti roberts people who think he is useless to the dogs even this year for example hani
We shall unite for this one battle !!!

It's kinda like Tango & Cash ... I'm Tango btw

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
We shall unite for this one battle !!!

It's kinda like Tango & Cash ... I'm Tango btw
actually we do differ

you say they should release him to be kind and friendly, but i think they should continue as they are doing, keating did nothing last game and his position is not cemented

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
actually we do differ

you say they should release him to be kind and friendly, but i think they should continue as they are doing, keating did nothing last game and his position is not cemented
ooooooh that'll start something.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its not like he is not getting paid. So I dont think dogs should be inclined to release him. Fair enough if he wasnt getting paid what was stipulated to him but in professional sport you can not have a whinge every time you get dropped. And there is a slight chance of someone getting injured and then he may be required. Kris keating was out for the season in 2009 (i think he missed a few months then never made it back into the team). That gave the chance to Mortimer to step in. Why would you get rid of Roberts mid season when we just blow 200K+ of the salary cap and cant really get anyone decent to come in.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
actually we do differ

Was too good to be true lol

Although even when Tango & Cash worked together they fought abit ... ps if you touch my sister I'll kill you lol see how real this is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.