News Dogs attacking woes continue as losing mentality exposed

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only a week before being dropped, fullback Matt Dufty record three try assists in his side’s loss to the Dragons.

Then in Round 13, the Bulldogs went out and struggled in attack, with Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr providing the only spark, combining for all three four-pointers.

Speaking in the post-match press conference, coach Mick Potter suggested his side will remain next week, confusing Fox League’s panel of experts who slammed the Dogs “pedestrian” attack.

“Interestingly there when he (Mick Potter) was talking about Jake Averillo and his overall performance, he said he saw signs of life and he is going to get better the longer he spends in that position,” Fox League’s Hannah Hollis said.

“Mick Potter also said the team tonight did a good job, that tells me he is not looking to bring Matt Dufty back into the side.”

“Going by what we just heard you’d say yes, I thought Dufty last week created, he got three try assists for the Bulldogs which is where they struggle,” Corey Parker said.

“I mean you talk about giving the Panthers way too many opportunities, they completed at 90 per cent, 38 from 42 so that is pretty good right.

“You take Matt Burton out of that football side, their attack is rubbish, it is pre-lined, one dimensional, it is pedestrian-like, you can see what’s coming before it even gets there.

“Between Burton, Marshall-King and Addo-Carr I don’t know where they go, I don’t know, they try hard but is the same old stuff they keep talking about, it is a cut and paste every single week.

Fox League expert Corey Parker explained he feels bad for captain Josh Jackson.

The veteran lock puts in week-in week-out and plays with his heart on his sleeve, but Parker believes the same can’t be said for the rest of the Bulldogs.

Rugby league legend Benji Marshall also explained it looked like the Canterbury side had forgotten how to win in the NRL.

“I feel sorry for Josh Jackson, he has to front up every week and pretty much repeat the same chorus about what has happened and what has unfolded, you know they just don’t learn,” Parker said.

“They don’t know how to win,” Benji Marshall said.

“They won three games last year, two games this year, they are getting used to losing... I actually feel sorry for them, for the players who have been there for a few years and have gotten used to losing.”

“All we talk about is the same rubbish about what the Bulldogs do,” Parker said.

“I have no doubt there is individuals in that side driving to the game on the way to Penrith stadium thinking, oh here we go again another loss.

“You are talking about giving up, I think they have.

“Josh Jackson, he must drive home at night... he gives his absolute all every week, but he must drive home and just go what am I doing, why are we doing this, how can we fix this?”

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When they feel sorry for Josh Jackson and go on about how great JMK is in commentary you know they have no idea.

The commentators will lay the boot in no matter what we do at the moment.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only a week before being dropped, fullback Matt Dufty record three try assists in his side’s loss to the Dragons.

Then in Round 13, the Bulldogs went out and struggled in attack, with Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr providing the only spark, combining for all three four-pointers.

Speaking in the post-match press conference, coach Mick Potter suggested his side will remain next week, confusing Fox League’s panel of experts who slammed the Dogs “pedestrian” attack.

“Interestingly there when he (Mick Potter) was talking about Jake Averillo and his overall performance, he said he saw signs of life and he is going to get better the longer he spends in that position,” Fox League’s Hannah Hollis said.

“Mick Potter also said the team tonight did a good job, that tells me he is not looking to bring Matt Dufty back into the side.”

“Going by what we just heard you’d say yes, I thought Dufty last week created, he got three try assists for the Bulldogs which is where they struggle,” Corey Parker said.

“I mean you talk about giving the Panthers way too many opportunities, they completed at 90 per cent, 38 from 42 so that is pretty good right.

“You take Matt Burton out of that football side, their attack is rubbish, it is pre-lined, one dimensional, it is pedestrian-like, you can see what’s coming before it even gets there.

“Between Burton, Marshall-King and Addo-Carr I don’t know where they go, I don’t know, they try hard but is the same old stuff they keep talking about, it is a cut and paste every single week.

The veteran lock puts in week-in week-out and plays with his heart on his sleeve, but Parker believes the same can’t be said for the rest of the Bulldogs.

Rugby league legend Benji Marshall also explained it looked like the Canterbury side had forgotten how to win in the NRL.

“I feel sorry for Josh Jackson, he has to front up every week and pretty much repeat the same chorus about what has happened and what has unfolded, you know they just don’t learn,” Parker said.

“They won three games last year, two games this year, they are getting used to losing... I actually feel sorry for them, for the players who have been there for a few years and have gotten used to losing.”

“All we talk about is the same rubbish about what the Bulldogs do,” Parker said.

“I have no doubt there is individuals in that side driving to the game on the way to Penrith stadium thinking, oh here we go again another loss.

“Josh Jackson, he must drive home at night... he gives his absolute all every week, but he must drive home and just go what am I doing, why are we doing this, how can we fix this?”
Why didn’t Parker single out the halfback Flanagan?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People don’t understand how good we are for the NRL… I remember we played parra in 09 prelim and we got a crowd of 74,000… clubs like dogs and parra, the nrl need us doing well
I don’t really believe that anymore. The bandwagoners have moved onto other clubs, it’s just the real die hard supporters that are left. The game you mention is 13 seasons ago, Maybe we get back there one day but no time soon.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They want us to play dufty. They want us to keep pay and then barrett. They just dont want us to progress so they can have something to bitch about or laugh.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

One can only hope Josh Jackson does the selfish thing and leave the bulldogs to have success elsewhere.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t really believe that anymore. The bandwagoners have moved onto other clubs, it’s just the real die hard supporters that are left. The game you mention is 13 seasons ago, Maybe we get back there one day but no time soon.
If we were on top today it would be the same

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is no easy fix. But the sooner there is a complete roster overhaul the better. Gould saying in 24 we only have 5 contracted players gives me hope that a lot of the rubbish of the squad will be removed.

It’s sad to say it’s easier to name the players you’d keep then the players you’d get rid of.

In saying that the quality of the squad is indicative of our results. Teams like titans, tigers, knights should be ashamed. They have a solid squad yet are clogging up the bottom of the table. No coach can change shit I.e the dogs. But a change of coach should be helping stronger squads like the titans and knights.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There is no easy fix. But the sooner there is a complete roster overhaul the better. Gould saying in 24 we only have 5 contracted players gives me hope that a lot of the rubbish of the squad will be removed.

It’s sad to say it’s easier to name the players you’d keep then the players you’d get rid of.

In saying that the quality of the squad is indicative of our results. Teams like titans, tigers, knights should be ashamed. They have a solid squad yet are clogging up the bottom of the table. No coach can change shit I.e the dogs. But a change of coach should be helping stronger squads like the titans and knights.
You don't need a roster overhaul, you just have to make genuine key signings. Cowboys and Broncos done this and turned the club around.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw that and Parker plainly has a Bulldog hatred that is deep seated. He just hammered away non stop, everything was negative, we must have really burned him when he was playing.

Always a Bulldog

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Potter has them passing ok and the best of them can be shut down by the best of them so kicks become the next thing and thats what they did.
Australian media like many tries to justify itself.
Get TPJ and Thompson on song for some offload second phase maybe.
Draw up a list of attacking plays, its ok to say the Dogs are shit but nothing is stopping anyone from evolving into something.