Dogs are fine without me: Hodkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.nrl.com/dogs-are-fine-without-me-hodkinson/tabid/10874/newsid/89819/default.aspx

Injured Canterbury halfback Trent Hodkinson believes Josh Reynolds has found the calmer onfield demeanour the Bulldogs need from him if they are to claim this year's NRL title.

Reynolds calmly slotted the golden point field goal in the Dogs' 11-10 win over the St George Illawarra in Saturday's epic elimination final.
But the former NSW representative, who has become the Bulldogs' chief playmaker due to the season-ending wrist injury to Hodkinson, has been criticised in the wake of that win for failing to provide Canterbury with organisation around the park.

Hodkinson said that criticism of Reynolds and his halves partner Moses Mbye is off the mark.

"With 'Grub' (Reynolds) being out for a while he has to get his match fitness back, but I think they (Reynolds and Moses) have been going pretty good," Hodkinson told AAP.

"I like the fact that 'Grub' has taken on a role of trying to steer the side around and being calm about it rather than being his enthusiastic self, he has to find a happy medium there. He can be cool under pressure, he took the reins with that field goal and slotted it over."

"Obviously Moey (Mbye) is still young, he has a big future and that will come for him, but he is on his way, we have been a bit shaky at times the last couple of weeks but that time together on the field will have done them a lot of good. That win will have given them a lot of confidence."

Ahead of Friday night's semi-final against Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium, Hodkinson, who will join Newcastle next season, says the Dogs need to be wary of a Tricolours side hurt by last week's upset loss to Melbourne.

"They will be tough, the Roosters will want to hit back after the hiccup last week," Hodkinson said.

"We showed last time we can match it with them, we came back from 22 points down. We showed we can score points, we just need to be in that game and get into the grind."

In their previous encounters this season the Roosters defeated the Bulldogs 24-10 in round 10 at ANZ Stadium and 38-28 in round 21 at Allianz Stadium. In the second fixture, the Roosters led 22-0 before the Dogs fought back to lead 28-22 with 20 minutes to play only for the home side to prevail.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No we aren't fine without Hodkinson at all. His current form before Mbye and Reynolds were injured was far above both of the latter halves.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
maybe in the first half of the season , but not when you have picked up form in the later half.

Malla

Reaction score
To be honest, Reynolds long kicking game is a little better than Hokko's. He almost always finds the grass, even if it means having the ball drop shorter than usual. It's a good tactic and it nullified Dugan on the weekend. They will probably do the same against RTS.

Reaction score
saw a news article on finucane coming back from a dislocated wrist, could trent be ready if we make the gf

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highly doubt it, he's gone for the season and hodko if you have watched the last 2 games then you would know WE DO NEED YOU

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His goal kicking alone has been sorely missed, eventually its going to cost us a game. Lafai is a better kicker then mybe and i hope des learnt that from last week

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His goal kicking alone has been sorely missed, eventually its going to cost us a game. Lafai is a better kicker then mybe and i hope des learnt that from last week

Mate Kas is a better kicker than mbye.... I seriously thought mbye can kick but boy was I wrong.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Browne did better than both of them!! Even one from the sidelines.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plodko is a dud but our best half......that says a lot.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with what he's saying about grub , he's matured a lot since his suspensions

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the hell else would he say? Can you imagine a headline:

Hodkinson: Youse are f*cked without me.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hodko was wrong and we were right. How the hec can mbye be called a half without a kicking game?

mbye was a mistake as was Lichaa..

Rona and Bmoz are awesome signings all we need to do now is bring in Robbie Farrah ( on the cheap) and Cook as half back ( I'm confident with that footy brain he can play anywhere)

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodko was wrong and we were right. How the hec can mbye be called a half without a kicking game?

Rona and Bmoz are awesome signings all we need to do now is bring in Robbie Farrah ( on the cheap) and Cook as half back ( I'm confident with that footy brain he can play anywhere)
They should of kept Ennis if they were looking at bringing in Bobby Farah ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Lichaa is not a mistake, Des changing his style and restricting him is the mistake.

You obviously never seen Lichaa play at the Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.