Dogs’ moment of class after Tiger’s hooked conversion

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers replacement kicker Paul Momirovski hooks last minute conversion to force golden point
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• August 11, 2019

Paul Momirovski is visibly upset after missing a kick to send the game into golden point. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images
Tigers replacement kicker Paul Momirovski missed a sitter of a conversion to lock up the scores against the Bulldogs and force golden point in his side’s 18-16 loss.

The Bulldogs led 18-12 before a last minute try to Luke Garner from a Benji Marshall pass gave the Tigers a conversion to lock up the scores with seconds remaining.

“Momirovski hooks it,” Warren Smith gasped in commentary.

Momirovski shank seals it

“He misses wide to the left hand side and the Bulldogs will hang on and upset the Tigers.

“Under all the pressure the back-up kicker given the job. Esan Marsters didn’t want to put his hand up and say I’ll take it and Momirovski it was never close.”

The Tigers had seven seconds left after the restart, but a Luke Brooks chip kick fizzled out as time expired.

Josh Jackson consoles Wests Tigers winger Paul Momirovski. (AAP Image/David Neilson)Source: AAP

After missing the kick, the 23-year-old sank to the ground and was visibly upset.

However, in a touching moment of sportsmanship, he was embraced and helped to his feet by Bulldogs players, particularly captain Josh Jackson.

He received pats on the head and a kind ‘bad luck, mate’ from the rivals, who could see how distressed the young winger was.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak and Michael Lichaa of the Bulldogs with Paul Momirovski after he misses a kick to take the game to extra time. (Image: David Neilson)Source: AAP

Paul Momirovski is visibly upset after missing a kick to send the game into golden point. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images
Moses Mbye was replaced after eight minutes for a quad injury, so he wasn’t on the field to take the kick and Esan Marsters was passed over in favour of Momirovski.

Steve Roach summed up the gut-wrenching moment for the Tigers winger.

“Wow, you would have thought a goal kicker would have thrown that one over,” Roach said.

“Pressure that is what it does to you.

“Momirovski scored the try to get them right back in it, but at the end he couldn’t convert.”

Tigers coach was supportive of his goal kicker after the game.

“It hurts, but we never should have been in that position,” Maguire said.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw Tolman run passed, pissing himself laughing at Momirovski tbh

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Tolman was ecstatic and understandably so..
He was being a smart ****. Wasn't just laughing but was yelling something at him. Props to Jacko and the other boys, tolman should take a leaf out of their book

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess every team needs this kind of player to balance it out... not my cup of tea though

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was being a smart ****. Wasn't just laughing but was yelling something at him. Props to Jacko and the other boys, tolman should take a leaf out of their book
Pretty sure I saw the sin binned Tigers player run past Lachlan Lewis last night and giving him a gobful s he left the field....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was great sportsmanship and empathy shown by the boys towards poor Momirovski.

I could only imagine the way a little fuckwit like Mitch Moses would have carried on, but I'm glad our players showed the class they did, it was refreshing to see and sets a great example for all the kids watching.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's very uncharacteristic of Tolman.... maybe he's had enough of losing.
Maybe he still has some Melbourne storm dna left in him. Ruthless cants...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We won, that’s as good as it gets, bring on next year an new coach.. will be a good year if that was too happen :-)