Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
my mates bull mastiff weighs 80kg, costs an absolute fortune to feed. Would love it if i could afford to have another dog.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice dog. I'd never buy an animal outright. I always get them from the RSCPA or a new litter from the vet that will be heading to the RSPCA anyway.

N

Natboy

Nice dog. I'd never buy an animal outright. I always get them from the RSCPA or a new litter from the vet that will be heading to the RSPCA anyway.
I usually do too but am looking at Northern Inuits & wolf hybrids at the moment and don't think I'll find them at the RSPCA :grinning:
Yep because of Game of Thrones haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I usually do too but am looking at Northern Inuits & wolf hybrids at the moment and don't think I'll find them at the RSPCA :grinning:
Yep because of Game of Thrones haha
a bloke i see at the park every know and then has a northern inuit. Looks mean as but is such a nice and relaxed dog

N

Natboy

a bloke i see at the park every know and then has a northern inuit. Looks mean as but is such a nice and relaxed dog
Yeah they are beautiful. You'd shit it if you jumped someone's fence and saw one though haha
Hey mate if you don't mind, next time you see him can you please find out where he got it & PM me?
I'll start looking at new houses with big yards soon and want to buy 'Snow' straight away ;)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah they are beautiful. You'd shit it if you jumped someone's fence and saw one though haha
Hey mate if you don't mind, next time you see him can you please find out where he got it & PM me?
I'll start looking at new houses with big yards soon and want to buy 'Snow' straight away ;)
I think he got it from his son overseas but ill ask again next time i see him. It's such a shame that it is so hard to get such amazing dogs here in Australia. Im still dreaming of the day i get myself a Dogo, will probs never happen while im here though.

N

Natboy

I think he got it from his son overseas but ill ask again next time i see him. It's such a shame that it is so hard to get such amazing dogs here in Australia. Im still dreaming of the day i get myself a Dogo, will probs never happen while im here though.
Thanks a lot mate. Appreciate it. Yeah we are pretty limited what we can import these days with strict quarantine & dogs like Dogos & fighting dogs will be banned forever no doubt

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Biggest issue rehoming dogs like that, is that they become not just "a pet", but a member of the family.

Imagine as a kid you being disowned by your family and forced to live elsewhere... that's how the dog will feel.

Now they may eventually get used to their new family, but first the new family has to get past the massive hurdle of the dog thinking "Who are you, where is my family!"... which is generally met with the dogs only way to protect itself... aggression or aggressive signs.

So as a result the people get the dog, bring it home, it growls or bears teeth because it's scared and unsure of its new home, and before you know it, it's at the pound being surrended and put down, OR returned back to the seller.

BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOUR MATE... Be part of the dogs rehoming.

Make sure he can go and take the dog with him to the new house a few times.

VISIT 1 - Bring him to new owners home and stay with him for a few hours in their surroundings, then bring him back home.
VISIT 2 - Bring him to new owners home and leave him for about 4-6 hours then pick him up and bring him back home.
VISIT 3 - Bring him to new owners home and leave him overnight (or two days) and see how he handles it.

If he handles overnight fine, then it's a pretty good indication you can visit less and less.

After that I'd say maybe visit once in the next week (if he handles overnight), and then maybe once the next month.

If you are gradual with working alongside him in his new home, theres a far less chance of him rejecting "new faces", and a far better chance him becomming part of their family and being accepted.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Biggest issue rehoming dogs like that, is that they become not just "a pet", but a member of the family.

Imagine as a kid you being disowned by your family and forced to live elsewhere... that's how the dog will feel.

Now they may eventually get used to their new family, but first the new family has to get past the massive hurdle of the dog thinking "Who are you, where is my family!"... which is generally met with the dogs only way to protect itself... aggression or aggressive signs.

So as a result the people get the dog, bring it home, it growls or bears teeth because it's scared and unsure of its new home, and before you know it, it's at the pound being surrended and put down, OR returned back to the seller.

BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOUR MATE... Be part of the dogs rehoming.

Make sure he can go and take the dog with him to the new house a few times.

VISIT 1 - Bring him to new owners home and stay with him for a few hours in their surroundings, then bring him back home.
VISIT 2 - Bring him to new owners home and leave him for about 4-6 hours then pick him up and bring him back home.
VISIT 3 - Bring him to new owners home and leave him overnight (or two days) and see how he handles it.

If he handles overnight fine, then it's a pretty good indication you can visit less and less.

After that I'd say maybe visit once in the next week (if he handles overnight), and then maybe once the next month.

If you are gradual with working alongside him in his new home, theres a far less chance of him rejecting "new faces", and a far better chance him becomming part of their family and being accepted.
Just give it food, water, a bed and something to hump heck that would make me happy lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don't want you trying to hump my dog haha
LOL nah I'm not like that, I would most likely try and hump your sister or something if all the numbers are right but thats just me haha

N

Natboy

LOL nah I'm not like that, I would most likely try and hump your sister or something if all the numbers are right but thats just me haha
Hahahaha I think it would be safer for you to try and hump my dire wolf haha

Status
Not open for further replies.