Opinion Doesn’t matter who the half back is

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halfbacks do matter in every facet of the game !
The hooker's direction distribution and speed makes the team's life a lot easier especially the halfbacks !
We haven't had a good hooker for 7 years, are you still wondering why our attack has been so bad ???
What’s more embarrassing it’s taken 8 years for the dogs to finally sign a Hooker that’s quality and to top it off he was a local junior. If that isn’t a massive face palm then I don’t know what is

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not if they dont have players punching through the line and running the right lines....we lack potency through the edges and in the centres
Take a closer look at the premiership winning teams, they all have or had outstanding hookers and halfbacks.
The half and hooker do have different rolls but compliment each others game.
The hooker must essentially have a great reading and direction of the game and fast distribution and running from dummy half, Mahoney fits the bill and he is coming !!!
The halfback organises the attack, the forwards, and kicking in general play, someone like Cleary...Who will that be ???

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What’s more embarrassing it’s taken 8 years for the dogs to finally sign a Hooker that’s quality and to top it off he was a local junior. If that isn’t a massive face palm then I don’t know what is
It all started by Des-Troyer Hasler...
1. he refused to extend Ennis's contract letting him go with a year left on his contact.
2. signed young Lichaa and dumped him in the deep end forcing him to make huge amounts of tackles resulting in major damages done to his shoulders, he even refused to use Damien Cook off the bench.
3. the ultimate blunder was Letting Cook go for almost a minimum contract when he was freely wasting hundreds of thousand of dollars on his useless mates...The bloke wasn't better than a criminal :rage:

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton, Naden, Fox, dufty snd Vaughan barely look first grade . System is broken. I hope it can be fixed but can something that was developed in 5 months be fixed in 2 weeks?
Doesn’t even look like we think it’s broken, as we’re changing halves wnd centresweak in week out. Seems like a good old fashioned decoy if you ask me

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hope Kyle has got some confidence back and he plays well. If we can get him and his mental right then Mahoney next year will elevate him even more. We need to support the kid. Yes he wasn’t the best last year but now we have a strong forward pack and a superstar 6 let’s see how he goes. Think about it. If he kills it remainder of the year and with Reed coming next year there’s our 679 for years. They’re all very young. Let’s get behind him and cheer him in this week.
Pick and choose who you get behind ayee

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The attack is broken and I’ll be surprised if it can be fixed mid season. BAZ wasted an entire off season building and attack that was designed for Penriths players. Josh Jackson for Yeo, Waddell for Kickau, JMK for Api, anyone for To’o, Anyone for Crichton,, Anyone for Cleary.

It won’t matter who is our 7 imo, ffs Burton is a star and hasn’t had a try assist if I can recall. Our only attacking option is his bomb! Lofl

We scored 5 tries. One from dummy half, one off a kick, and 3 with defenders tackling us over the line. Can you recall an actual clean line break from a play where we cut straight through the defensw. Our tries in the trials were similar.

You need great defense and a spine to win a comp but you can’t win games without attack. This will most likely be be one the great underachieving years in memory. TBAZ gone by June
I’d be happy if he was replaced mid year so that we can salvage and avoid another bottom 4 season. But I can’t see it happening. The previous bulldogs underperforming coach whose team was getting flogged each week and who managed to scrap a few wins per season was rewarded with a fucking contract extension. Go figure smh.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be happy if he was replaced mid year so that we can salvage and avoid another bottom 4 season. But I can’t see it happening. The previous bulldogs underperforming coach whose team was getting flogged each week and who managed to scrap a few wins per season was rewarded with a fucking contract extension. Go figure smh.
Should’ve kept Dymmock

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I want the dogs to go on a winning streak for our own happiness or for the entertainment of the TK Bi-polar flipping that will happen. lol

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The thing I find amusing is most people said before season start is that we want to see improvement.... our attack hasnt clicked and the halfback rotation has been a fuckin joke. However we had narrow losses in rounds 2 and 3 and could easily be 3/4 only being beaten by a heavyweight. Yes it was tough to watch and we should have been closer... however it's still early days. Any knee jerk reaction like sacking Baz mid season is only going to set us back further and possibly take star recruits with him. We dont know what clauses these guys have in thier contracts. Just settle down. If we finish anywhere above 13th I think we'll be right on track for finals next year. We have a brutal few weeks coming up so hold on. I cant take much more of this negativity