Does the toyota aurion give a subaru wrx the hurry up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a 2008 Aurion once, similar to the one in the image below. Absolute SEX to drive. If there's one thing I could fault it for though... I freaking HATE the foot brake and would much rather a hand brake (notice the hand brake missing near the gear box below).

I hate those foot brakes. I was looking at an Aurion a while back and the saleswoman is saying "Foot brakes are good. See, no bother at all"

I'm telling her that it's in my way. It's right where I rest my foot but she keeps saying "It's good, it's good"

My current Commodore has an electronic brake. Fortunately it's not a foot brake, it's a little switch that you press up to put on and down to release. It's ok when you get used to it but you also have to get used to the idea that you won't be able to do hand brake turns. Which I guess is a good thing.

It's that little button on the right

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I hate those foot brakes. I was looking at an Aurion a while back and the saleswoman is saying "Foot brakes are good. See, no bother at all"

I'm telling her that it's in my way. It's right where I rest my foot but she keeps saying "It's good, it's good"

My current Commodore has an electronic brake. Fortunately it's not a foot brake, it's a little switch that you press up to put on and down to release. It's ok when you get used to it but you also have to get used to the idea that you won't be able to do hand brake turns. Which I guess is a good thing.

It's that little button on the right

That little button is a brake?? Shit bro, looks like central locking or electric windows or something lol. Cars have come a long way. Still... beats pressing your foot on the damn foot brake.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Process for extracting a quick time from an aurion.. hit the throttle... 0-100 in 6.1secs. Time and time again...

Process in a wrx... rev to 6000rpm and dump clutch, cross fingers and toes that clutch, gearbox or awd system dont let go, flat change into second so as not to dump too much boost on the change up, again cross fingers and toes and hope clutch/gearbox/awd system dont go bang, if all is perfect, 0-100 in 6.1secs whilst you are sweating on how much damage you may have done. Anything less than above and the aurion has blasted away.

What about roll on acceleration, say 80-120km/h.. aurion, just flatten throttle and the torque pulls you through in 3.5secs

Wrx, drop clutch, rev to 6000rpm, drop clutch, wait for turbo to spool, wait, wait, wait, ahhh here it is... takes a good 5-6 seconds. Aurion blasted away
Next you'll try and justify that your 95 Camry is faster than an AMG C63.

You're wrong but it's not worth arguing any more.

I've driven quite a few WRXs... clearly you have not.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
. I freaking HATE the foot brake and would much rather a hand brake
Ever tried doing a handbrake turn with a foot brake? Nigh on impossible.

Down to all foot brakes!

You can still do burnouts, albeit a bit trickier (car dependant).

Heck I've even done one in an 86 Mazda 121 Funtop before (off road).

Wahesh

Reaction score

Down to all foot brakes!

Check this bloke out, drifts artistically in a Supra on a wet road. Controlling a drifting car is hard enough, let alone on a wet road, and this bloke does it absolutely PERFECTLY.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Next you'll try and justify that your 95 Camry is faster than an AMG C63.

You're wrong but it's not worth arguing any more.

I've driven quite a few WRXs... clearly you have not.
My car is faster than the C63 :p at a tenth of the price too lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally would be looking at the CX9 over the Kluger, looking at one for the misses and interior finish is massive over others in the price range. Or the new CX5 if you're after something smaller. Mazdas do tend to hold value well to.
@Papa Het
I’ve been looking in the same market and by all accounts, the sorento GTline is actually the pick of that bunch. One of the best interiors I’ve ever been in. Nicer than my uncles 325i.
One of the best engine/gearbox combos, your likely to drive too. Ridiculously smooth for a diesel.
And in the GTline, you’ll want for nothing. Fucker has everything.
Kia have come a long way and are making some great cars nowadays.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Down to all foot brakes!

I once smoked up a poo brown coloured Volvo 244 GL. As I was doing it my mate tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to a police car that just pulled up to the intersection. I kid you not, the police laughed then drove off.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Papa Het
I’ve been looking in the same market and by all accounts, the sorento GTline is actually the pick of that bunch. One of the best interiors I’ve ever been in. Nicer than my uncles 325i.
One of the best engine/gearbox combos, your likely to drive too. Ridiculously smooth for a diesel.
And in the GTline, you’ll want for nothing. Fucker has everything.
Kia have come a long way and are making some great cars nowadays.
I agree
When I got my Santa Fe the current Sorrento was not yet released

If I was purchasing now the Kia would be my pick for sure

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree
When I got my Santa Fe the current Sorrento was not yet released

If I was purchasing now the Kia would be my pick for sure
The Mrs was looking at the Kia Sportage a few months back. It's only a small/medium sized SUV but pretty bloody good for the price. The model we were looking at had a sunroof that covered the entire roof.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I once smoked up a poo brown coloured Volvo 244 GL. As I was doing it my mate tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to a police car that just pulled up to the intersection. I kid you not, the police laughed then drove off.
Years ago a mate of mine dropped one at the M4 tollgates in a 306 GTi 6 Pug only to realise a Police Crash Investigation Unit was behind him.

Got a rather stern talking to I believe.

Wahesh

Reaction score
This bloke I knew used to be a real Holden Commodore enthusiast and huge Peter Brock (R.I.P.) fan. Back in the day, Brocky was driving his Holden around, speeding along one of the roads. The cops pulled him over, didn't care about the fact that he was speeding, they just wanted to meeting Peter Brock :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.