Does the toyota aurion give a subaru wrx the hurry up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
As i said in the OP...

The 2015-2017 aurion has 200kw, that is more than the base wrx. But the story dont end there.

The front wheel drive of the aurion puts the most power to the tyres. AURIONS will see 160kw at wheels. They get from 0-100 in very low 6s.. 6.2 secs to be precise. Aurion has had 200kw since 2007 but its lost weight along the way.. the last aurions are real quick.. they give a xr6 turbo a fright

The wrx has 197kw but the awd system takes much more power to operate. Typically a stock wrx will be lucky to see 125kw at the wheels. A 5000rpm launch is required to try and match an aurion.. destroys the clutch. Day to day and off boost they have no torque..

The wrx has had a little power increase since 1995 but its overall performance has not increased (due to added weight).. all whilst every other car has improved remarkably since 1995

1995 wrx 0-100 in 6.2 secs
2017 wrx 0-100 in 6.4 secs

1995 camry v6 0-100 in 10.2 secs
2017 aurion v6 0-100 in 6.2 secs

Whos improved?
In the words of Phil Gould "no no no no no".

The Aurion spends more time spinning the tyres struggling for traction than actually launching. In the wet it's a massive pain in the arse of a car because it just torque steers.

WRX takes off fine from a standing start (no idea where you get this "bogged down" rubbish from). Only issue is the auto box was rubbish in them. I know quite a few of the eras very well on both tarmac and dirt.

Your numbers are wrong.
SUPERCHARGED Aurion will go 0-100kph in 6 seconds (once the tyres stop spinning and it stops torque steering).
Stock 2017 Aurion is mid 7's (which is actually slower than my 2.2L Astra).
Stock 2018 Camry is 6.5. STILL slower than a bog standard WRX.

AWD system gives you more instant drive than a FWD struggling for traction and torque steering.

I've already proven that the WRX has had significant performance increases over the years, and your comparison to a Camry in the same era is hilarious.

The 95 Camry was a boat, a solid mass of shit with 4 wheels. It was released for craigan wearing pensioners to get from A to B.

The WRX from the get go was a quick car (in it's heyday one of the quickest around). Originally designed as a road going rally car. Recent models have shyed away from that though.

Since it's creation to now it's dropped 0.2-1 second off its already brisk 0-100 time.

Maybe they simply don't NEED to go much faster.

Put simply the WRX is already at the next intersection before the Aurion/Camry's got traction from it's like 205/65/16 tyres.

Next thing you'll be trying to tell us a Camry / Aurion is faster than an EVO.

@rexest thoughts?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry @zee i feel bad ive posted 2 midget videos and no Indians so.....

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
They should atleast try match a S3 since they are similar in price in my opinion
Good point. But isn't the S3 about the same 0-100 as the WRX? (not really kept up with them all)

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who gives a shit about 0-100 and 400m Times ?
I’m not a rexxie fan (far from it), but anyone who would rather a front drive, auto only, bore box like an Aurion, over any focused drivers car is clearly not a fan of driving.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ooh I still got a soft spot for the WRX.. I used to drive to work when I was a teacher an American 1965 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight with a big block 425 V8 Starfire engine..had a Turbo 400 tramission and power steering so light you could literally drive it with your little finger.. Only problem was the brakes weren’t as good as they should be..the seatbelts were across your lap Batman style..and if you had a crash there was no crumple zone..so you’d either go through the other vehicle or through the windscreen.. This video is the same model as my one..except I drove a mostly maroon one (it was in various stages of spray painting) and the seats were originally fabric..same design as in the video..without that shitty plastic on it..and it had been converted to right-hand drive..

Boy could it go..the engine used to roar..sheesh..and at speed it would glide so smoothly.. Great car.. but it was made for traveling those long American highways..not around the city..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good point. But isn't the S3 about the same 0-100 as the WRX? (not really kept up with them all)
Yeah but you get more stuff then just an AWD with a manual only, you get a dct, better looking car and luxury too

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ooh I still got a soft spot for the WRX.. I used to drive to work when I was a teacher an American 1965 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight with a big block 425 V8 Starfire engine..had a Turbo 400 tramission and power steering so light you could literally drive it with your little finger.. Only problem was the brakes weren’t as good as they should be..the seatbelts were across your lap Batman style..and if you had a crash there was no crumple zone..so you’d either go through the other vehicle or through the windscreen.. This video is the same model as my one..except I drove a mostly maroon one (it was in various stages of spray painting) and the seats were originally fabric..same design as in the video..without that shitty plastic on it..and it had been converted to right-hand drive..

Boy could it go..the engine used to roar..sheesh..and at speed it would glide so smoothly.. Great car.. but it was made for traveling those long American highways..not around the city..
Niiiiiice!!! Those things are worth like $30-40k these days.

But I bet it was a real bastard to park at the shops!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Niiiiiice!!! Those things are worth like $30-40k these days.

But I bet it was a real bastard to park at the shops!
The four door not so much..good condition 15-20 maybe.. (the one I drove wasn’t in good condition body wise but the engine purred) the coupe are more desirable..

Lol..yes parking..thanks to its fantastic power steering it was really easy to manoeuvre..just needed a car space half a block long.Lol!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The four door not so much..good condition 15-20 maybe.. (the one I drove wasn’t in good condition body wise but the engine purred) the coupe are more desirable..

Lol..yes parking..thanks to its fantastic power steering it was really easy to manoeuvre..just needed a car space half a block long.Lol!
Have a look at these videos.. do they debunk your 0-100 times? Mid 7s? Ha....low 6s more like it

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Frg5WTzF28U&ved=0ahUKEwiuht-Qr9zYAhWFTbwKHfIyBcAQo7QBCCIwAw&usg=AOvVaw3rdwF4jYgBEjoKKd3FmUjJ

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...AQo7QBCCwwCA&usg=AOvVaw2EcV0wyKwWwnCH5Cdua1xd

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Highly scentific means I see.

Video 1 - timed using what?
Video 2 - states that the car is tuned/chipped and has exhaust work done. The timer also starts when the car is already moving. Do same work to a WRX, and WRX wins.

By your reasoning ... 2016 stock WRX STi.. 0-100kph (60mph) in 4.5 seconds.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Highly scentific means I see.

Video 1 - timed using what?
Video 2 - states that the car is tuned/chipped and has exhaust work done. The timer also starts when the car is already moving. Do same work to a WRX, and WRX wins.

By your reasoning ... 2016 stock WRX STi.. 0-100kph (60mph) in 4.5 seconds.

There is just no arguing with a idiot :laughing: .. Bad billy summed it up pretty well with "anyone who would rather a front drive, auto only bore box like an Aurion, over any focused drivers car is clearly not a fan of driving". Just quoting 0-100 times, the guy is clearly missing the point of driving a quick manual AWD.

Last edited:

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How about the kluger?
SUV is required in my household right now.

Have a Santa Fe

Do kluger go as good as Camry?
How much off roading do you actually do? Or how harsh is the off roading, are we talking beaches or all terrain 20 foot vertical climbs?

Personally would be looking at the CX9 over the Kluger, looking at one for the misses and interior finish is massive over others in the price range. Or the new CX5 if you're after something smaller. Mazdas do tend to hold value well to.

manual AWD.
I can only hope the manual boxes have gotten stronger because wouldn't touch one again after experiences of my old one even going through 2 dog box rebuilds. Fucking made of glass.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can only hope the manual boxes have gotten stronger because wouldn't touch one again after experiences of my old one even going through 2 dog box rebuilds. Fucking made of glass.
Mainly because people where clutch dumping them at 5000RPM day in day out.

Or putting 400kw at the flywheel through them.

That said one of the cars we used for customers had a PBM (Possum Borne Motorsport) gearbox in it. That box was tough as an ox and insanely nice to drive.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Process for extracting a quick time from an aurion.. hit the throttle... 0-100 in 6.1secs. Time and time again...

Process in a wrx... rev to 6000rpm and dump clutch, cross fingers and toes that clutch, gearbox or awd system dont let go, flat change into second so as not to dump too much boost on the change up, again cross fingers and toes and hope clutch/gearbox/awd system dont go bang, if all is perfect, 0-100 in 6.1secs whilst you are sweating on how much damage you may have done. Anything less than above and the aurion has blasted away.

What about roll on acceleration, say 80-120km/h.. aurion, just flatten throttle and the torque pulls you through in 3.5secs

Wrx, drop clutch, rev to 6000rpm, drop clutch, wait for turbo to spool, wait, wait, wait, ahhh here it is... takes a good 5-6 seconds. Aurion blasted away

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I had a 2008 Aurion once, similar to the one in the image below. Absolute SEX to drive. If there's one thing I could fault it for though... I freaking HATE the foot brake and would much rather a hand brake (notice the hand brake missing near the gear box below).

Status
Not open for further replies.