Does the NRL & The Kennel cause marital problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
CK isnt Ying & Yang based on being different or something. As far as I know Im always right & the wife is not. Please explain?
Yes sir, you're on the right track.

The "inter-relationship between seemingly opposite forces which are in fact inter-connected".

Hot/Cold. Light/Dark. Male/Female. High/Low. Fire/Water. Life/Death. Right/Wrong.

AKA ... Yin and Yang.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes sir, you're on the right track.

The "inter-relationship between seemingly opposite forces which are in fact inter-connected".

Hot/Cold. Light/Dark. Male/Female. High/Low. Fire/Water. Life/Death. Right/Wrong.

AKA ... Yin and Yang.
You missed one, Shopping / Pub!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
maybe she just doesn't like you
Hur hur :P

She REALLY hated the last time I brought her to The Kennel. It didn't help that we had some really young kids swearing at refs and players :/

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could say its only footy but it really sounds like you married the wrong chick, I love it when I go to a game and see the girls in Bulldog jersies, the look hot as, unfortunately there isn't many up this way.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hur hur :P

She REALLY hated the last time I brought her to The Kennel. It didn't help that we had some really young kids swearing at refs and players :/
thats why i recommended to stoofy that he keep his wife away from bulldogs supporters and that they would push her further away from conversion

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don't we do the pic thing here anymore?

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
My missus didn't follow football before we met but 5 1/2 years later I'm proud to say she's now a full-blown Bulldogs fan. She buys her own merch, watches the games with or without me, has been a member for 3 years and has a real interest in the players lives on and away from the footy field.

When you first introduced your missus to football did you take the time to explain the game to her? Or did you give her some insight into the players so she saw them as people rather than just thugs in a jersey?

I think because I took the time to introduce my missus to not only the game, but the Bulldogs club as a whole, she was able to form a real connection with the team rather than simply following them because 'my partner does'. Maybe you won't ever be able to convince her otherwise but getting her involved in a debate on a forum filled with Bulldogs supporters certainly won't help your cause.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My missus didn't follow football before we met but 5 1/2 years later I'm proud to say she's now a full-blown Bulldogs fan. She buys her own merch, watches the games with or without me, has been a member for 3 years and has a real interest in the players lives on and away from the footy field.

When you first introduced your missus to football did you take the time to explain the game to her? Or did you give her some insight into the players so she saw them as people rather than just thugs in a jersey?

I think because I took the time to introduce my missus to not only the game, but the Bulldogs club as a whole, she was able to form a real connection with the team rather than simply following them because 'my partner does'. Maybe you won't ever be able to convince her otherwise but getting her involved in a debate on a forum filled with Bulldogs supporters certainly won't help your cause.
I have tried but Im to blame to an extent. If the boys get a stupid penalty from the refs I scream at the TV & if they score its high 5's all around.

My wife thinks I become some sort of nutcase as I will not listen to her during the game or I will just watch the game in my man cave. I know she is talking but I just cant concentrate on what she is saying. I tell her Im just passionate about my team.

Mind you if she is watching the Voice, the roles are reversed. I just cant watch any reality TV.

The only reality TV in my world is sport.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately my wife hates NRL & the Kennel. She calls NRL a sport of pigs & the Bulldogs rapists. She sh!ts me to no end. I try to explain how the game works but she refuses to listen.

I would rather settle down after a long week and watch some footy but she would rather drag me to some stupid coffee shop & be social. I am social with my mates & with other members on the Kennel. I just dont care for coffee, fashion, Facebook, Big brother or some other reality crap ----> Who cares!

I refuse to go to a coffee shop / restaurant unless they have a screen where I can still watch a game.

If I move from my computer she shuts down the Kennel & loads up Facebook. She will then proceed to she photos of her friends or some crap.

I do love her but hate her hatred for NRL & the Kennel.

Do you guys suffer as I do. Please post experiences & possible solutions!
In summary, the kennel does not cause marital problems, people who don't accept it cause the problems

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In summary, the kennel does not cause marital problems, people who don't accept it cause the problems
Fair enough. My wife accepts that I spend more time on The Kennel then with her but she doesn't like it.

And life goes on!

Status
Not open for further replies.