No Source Does the Ben Hunt rumblings have any Legs ?

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want ben hunt not corey norman or ash taylor have we signed hunt you reckon

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
T
I know - Hunt still getting picked for Origin at 34 even if 9 not 7 is something Green would never have seen but I think wanting Hunt speaks more to the lack of playmakers across the comp than anything else. There’s just so little choice - imagine when an 18th team comes in. Incidentally PNG are pushing for that and their bid CEO is none other than our former CEO Andrew Hill, the bloke who signed Green for the Dogs.
This crap about lack of playmakers....
There's at least 8 top shelf halves that have hit the market in the last 3 years.

Cleary, Munster, DCE, Moses, AR, Hunt, Hynes, Wighton

And probably another 5 lesser class

Everyone whinges about no halves, yet if you are willing to pay the right price, you'll land one.

If you are pig headed and don't future proof yourself and cry foul when they are not on the market, that is poor admin work. Nothing to do with lack of players. More to do with lack of front office brains

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% my bro...

If Dragons didn't suck so much and all their other problems, Hunt wouldn't even of been considered for us.

Desperate times...

Personally, I would go back to FG, reserves and Jersey Flegg and fixing up those comps before even thinking of a new team.

The gap in between FG and reserves is too big so players can't really develop in reserves.
I think the issue is that players are too impatient in reserve grade.

In years gone by, mass players didn't move between reserve grade and first grade as they do nowdays. You had to do your time and really excel in reserves before you got an opportunity to play in first grade.

Nowdays with HIA's, suspensions, and trigger happy coaches that are under pressure, it has become a transit lounge.

You also have players agitating the minute their pathway is blocked and so they jump ship every year or 2.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would have to think we sign him if it's out of Dogs and Titans. Why go to a club where the coach is under pressure after the whole coaching issue he justed went through and continues to.
Um....coz they are closer to a premiership than us?

And they are a Qld team.....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Critta
6. Burton
7. Hunt
9. Mahoney

That spine, few middles and a good find or two very hard to not mention us a top 4 candidate have all the strike out-wide we need to. Make it happen Gus!
As much as that is a better spine than this year, and one I'd love to see, there's still question marks on FB and 5/8th.

There's no reason to think that spine is better than Storm, Panthers, Eels, Souths or even Sharks for that matter...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This crap about lack of playmakers....
There's at least 8 top shelf halves that have hit the market in the last 3 years.

Cleary, Munster, DCE, Moses, AR, Hunt, Hynes, Wighton

And probably another 5 lesser class

Everyone whinges about no halves, yet if you are willing to pay the right price, you'll land one.

If you are pig headed and don't future proof yourself and cry foul when they are not on the market, that is poor admin work. Nothing to do with lack of players. More to do with lack of front office brains
Crap? Cleary was never playing anywhere where his dad didn’t coach. Munster was staying in Melbourne or going to Queensland. DCE was on the market when? Wighton is a 6 and we’ve invested in Burton. Moses was unlikely to leave the Eels and his manager was driving up his price and it appears they fell for it. I’m glad we’re not paying that money for him. Reynolds was unlikely to sign for a Sydney club outside Soufs but yes maybe one that got away and Hynes yes he could’ve been gotten but we’d already committed to Flanagan. So it’s not just ‘money’ and ‘brains’. Timing and luck play a big part too. Not as easy as you make out. If it was we wouldn’t be paying Gus massive coin to sort out our roster and pathways (the latter for when you miss out on signing someone from elsewhere).

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah i think wont be at our team he will be titans or broncos