Does reminiscing about the past make you feel weird? sad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
As title says does it make you feel sad? weirdd? happy etc

I don't know how I feel, so many mixed emotions.. I love my past so much. I wish I could re-live them.. I miss everything about my childhood and teenage years.

What about you guys?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As title says does it make you feel sad? weirdd? happy etc

I don't know how I feel, so many mixed emotions.. I love my past so much. I wish I could re-live them.. I miss everything about my childhood and teenage years.

What about you guys?
Means you had a great one if u miss it!!!
I wish I could go back too lol great times

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mixed bag loved being a kid, but enjoying being an old ****

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

When I use to go to the local shop in bankstown to buy mum milk, they uses to give me one of these each time. I was probably 7-8.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
All the time.

I think it comes down to a few things:
1. You recall times that were less stressful, or the problems of the past seem like childsplay compared to your current problems
2. Experiences were fresh/new at the time, and they don't feel as good as the first time
3. The old saying of "you don't know what you've got til it's gone". You know you will never get those times back, so you miss them.

It's important to enjoy the present as much as you can though and not be so involved with the past or future. We forget we need to live for now. That's the only thing we can change right now.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
All the time.

I think it comes down to a few things:
1. You recall times that were less stressful, or the problems of the past seem like childsplay compared to your current problems
2. Experiences were fresh/new at the time, and they don't feel as good as the first time
3. The old saying of "you don't know what you've got til it's gone". You know you will never get those times back, so you miss them.

It's important to enjoy the present as much as you can though and not be so involved with the past or future. We forget we need to live for now. That's the only thing we can change right now.
I agree with you 100%.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score

When I use to go to the local shop in bankstown to buy mum milk, they uses to give me one of these each time. I was probably 7-8.
Back in my early days this old man used to always come past and give me tennis balls. Don't know why he would, don't think I ever caught his name. It was nice of him tho. I guess maybe it was because I played hand ball all the time outside.. or maybe he was a pedo. <> LOL

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Back in my early days this old man used to always come past and give me tennis balls. Don't know why he would, don't think I ever caught his name. It was nice of him tho. I guess maybe it was because I played hand ball all the time outside.. or maybe he was a pedo. <> LOL
Bahahaha shiiitttt....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back in the day there used to be this old **** that took his Shetland pony to a park near our high school and give only the girls ago .soon figured out why it was girls only the dirty old **** had his hand up the skirt while lifting them up.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I always kinda try to think "it's never tomorrow and it's never yesterday, the day is always today" but that never works. I haven't been on the planet very long, but whenever I think of the stuff I did when I was little, most of the thoughts are "well that was frickin' dumb"

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
I kind of miss the following ...

- School : More specifically, knowing what 30 of my mates are doing 5 days a week. The sports and representing. The extra-curricular opportunities. Music classes. The early finishes.
- All those hours/weeks/months/years chasing random high school girls (from all the other schools but mine), and the journeys of sexual discovery that came along the way.
- The first 1-2 years of driving, exploring Sydney and the greater surrounds (in my case the Central Coast).
- The thrill of exploration, the great unknown, and the joy of discovery that all came with "finding a cool DJ", or "finding a sick band". (Some of the best nights of my life have been unplanned happy accidents)
- My old job in retail when it was "good" : At it's peak, I was an area manager in the music/DVD field, with 8 stores, 60 staff, travel allowances and no set routine. We opened shops from scratch, refurbished shops, recruited, drove sales, developed careers, attended industry sh*t for free and had loads of laughs.

That being said, there's things I certainly don't miss, and there's things I'm still currenntly enjoying.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
When me and a few of my old school mates get together we have a great time telling stories of when we used to run a muck and things we got up too. Half the time we had forgotten these memories so it's always good having a catch up.

I think our teenage years into our early 20's we had some brilliant times, and as KC said some of our best adventures were random and unplanned.

There are a few things that sucked that I try to forget about, mostly the ex misses but so many things trigger memories. You know how many songs I loved that she has ruined for me...the bitch!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Back in the day there used to be this old **** that took his Shetland pony to a park near our high school and give only the girls ago .soon figured out why it was girls only the dirty old **** had his hand up the skirt while lifting them up.
Motherfuker, I hope the dirty **** is dead now.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
When me and a few of my old school mates get together we have a great time telling stories of when we used to run a muck and things we got up too. Half the time we had forgotten these memories so it's always good having a catch up.
Me and my mates still do this! A big group of my mates are from the same high school so it's awesome to look back at some of the funny shit that went on back at school. Always feels like yesterday when it's been over 10 years. Once we mention one story, it rolls on a whole extra lot of stories going late into the night!

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me say one thing my 15 years has gone so quick.. it feels like yesterday it was my first day of kindy lol
Mate, don't take this as an insult or anything, but we've kinda seen you grow up on here.

Two or three years back, you were posting absolute nonsense all the time you just got hammered for it. You're actually turning into one of the more reasonable folk on here now...

Status
Not open for further replies.