Does Baz look at himself and wonder “wow I’m rubbish”

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2 main problems with Baz were
1. He was more, one of the boys instead of a coach.
2. He had no game plan or idea of what he wanted the team to become in the coming years, he just continued to try and turn us into the panthers when no 2 teams will ever be the same.

Last edited:

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So bagging Barrett is off limits now he's gone? You guys sure like to suck all the fun out of the forum.

Des has been gone for five years but he's still the devil incarnate on here. Des got us into the finals every year and to two grand finals. But the club was left in a hell of a mess when he went, and a decent share of the blame (I don't think anyone on here knows how much) can be sheeted home to Des.

Is it OK to bag Raelene Castle? If I were compiling a rogues gallery of people who have done damage to the Dogs, she would feature prominently.
It’s simple, Des didn’t give a fuck about the club or it’s long term prospects, at least Baz had that

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Probably just looks at himself and says "Man I'm a sexy ****"

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I really wonder what @Azoabi7 thinks now, surely he has lost all confidence in his posting ability. The Kennel were averaging much better threads since before he arrived, compared to this thread which brings the quality down.

Does this just prove that @Azoabi7 really is the main issue? And that he should just give up on being a poster ever again?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really wonder what Barrett thinks now, surely he has lost all confidence in his coaching ability. The Dogs are averaging 26.8 points since he’s left. Compared to the single digits they averaged under him.

Does this just prove that barrett really was the main issue ? And that he should just give up on being a coach ever again?
Welcome to the Kennel, Michael Potter.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you all have gone too hard on Baz. Yes he had a go and couldn't come up with the goods. Not all teams can play the "structured" game like Penrith. Just like when Hasler was here, the "structure" only lasted until the core of the group moved on and new players unfamiliar with each others games were introduced. Barrett being a new coach probably doesn't understand the concept, whereas Potter, who has been around forever, does.
Spot on. No doubt Barrett knows the game inside out. He just didn't realise it's not a one size fits all way to play, especially trying to implement the Penrith style on our team with 8 new faces in the team.
Marley said it the best very early on, he tried to play the Penrith structured footy on a team far away from that level, basically turned out to be a waterdown version without having players like Cleary and Yeo directing it. He should of just concentrated on the basics and let the players play their natural game and then later on slowly implement the structure he wants. But his recruitment stunk anyway. His main focus should have been discipline, ball handling, defense, a good game plan.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pathetic and extremely childish thread. Totally classless to be pissing on a bloke's grave. Move on.
News flash! Barrett is not dead. He is probably lying on a beach somewhere warm and sunny, counting his $500,000 golden handshake, and the unspent portion of the $750,000 the club had already paid him.

If you have tears to shed, how about shedding them for men like Steve Georgallis, who was assistant coach under Dean Pay, Interim coach for a half season, then unceremoniously dumped when Barrett took over?

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really wonder what Barrett thinks now, surely he has lost all confidence in his coaching ability. The Dogs are averaging 26.8 points since he’s left. Compared to the single digits they averaged under him.

Does this just prove that barrett really was the main issue ? And that he should just give up on being a coach ever again?
Talking about kicking a bloke while he's down....

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes you do Baz

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

More importantly, do the knobs on NRL 360 who hated on the Dogs when we moved from TBaz look at themselves in the mirror and think “what a knob I am”

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz is at home counting all the money he has. I don’t think he would really care now

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kicking a guy when he's down is a bit much, but to be blunt, the lineup hasn't changed much so our poor performances was his coaching.
Mind you, there will be plenty on this forum who will bay for Potters's head when we lose a game.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
News flash! Barrett is not dead. He is probably lying on a beach somewhere warm and sunny, counting his $500,000 golden handshake, and the unspent portion of the $750,000 the club had already paid him.

If you have tears to shed, how about shedding them for men like Steve Georgallis, who was assistant coach under Dean Pay, Interim coach for a half season, then unceremoniously dumped when Barrett took over?
Sorry the idiom was lost on you. Perhaps philistine is an appropriate alias after all.

Last edited:

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I have been a personal development coach for 22 years (over 20,000 coaching hours) and I usually can spot what a coach is doing right and wrong very quickly. I am also one of the last to turn on a coach because of my empathy and appreciation of how tough the job is, how invested I am in the process rather than being judged for premature failings.

With Barrett, I was very slow on recognising his failings beyond noticing that the same mistakes were happening every week and there was no discussion about them directly.

The last 3 press conferences and the last game that shocked me how inept they were was when I realised, this poor guy does not have enough ideas and vision to deal with the adversity in front of him. Even moving Averillo to fullback and pissing off Dufty would have made a difference. Naden being moved on should have been obvious too!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No it’s only been two wins. Relax Azo.