Opinion Do you want the season to continue?

Do you want the season to continue?

• Yes

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Don't know don't care

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here
Has anyone seen the Big Bash cricket?
Essentially, there are 8 teams that are concurrent to the players usual state (like club).
So someone who plays test matches for Victoria can essentially play for Brisbane.

I'm wondering if they should do that?

Perhaps a 12 a side competition with new entities that represent the ideal strategic placing a of an nrl side. Just for Sept-Dec only

have a draft, make a hype of it,
Have 6 Sydney teams, a Hunter side, an ACT side, a Vic side, a Perth side, a Nth and sth island Kiwi side (maybe) and cut up Brisbane a bit.

and play an alternative Comp. some minor experimental rule changes like no scrums, or, contested scrums!

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching our first two games, no.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here
Essentially, there are 8 teams that are concurrent to the players usual state (like club).
So someone who plays test matches for Victoria can essentially play for Brisbane.

Perhaps a 12 a side competition with new entities that represent the ideal strategic placing a of an nrl side. Just for Sept-Dec only

Have 6 Sydney teams, a Hunter side, an ACT side, a Vic side, a Perth side, a Nth and sth island Kiwi side (maybe) and cut up Brisbane a bit.

and play an alternative Comp. some minor experimental rule changes like no scrums, or, contested scrums!
This ^

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here

Youoboys thinks that's a terrible idea

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want the EPL to come back on before League. And I love League. How that works I have no idea

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the NFL.
You know, now would be a good time for any other nrl player who wants to crack ten NFL to have a go.
Not that I think they should unless they are too big for NRL like the big Souths lower grader who made it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know, now would be a good time for any other nrl player who wants to crack ten NFL to have a go.
Not that I think they should unless they are too big for NRL like the big Souths lower grader who made it
Would take a year+ of training to get to that level mate.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be blunt,
If you like the nrl and its teams you should want this season to continue, otherwise itlll change a lot.

be careful wat U wish for
-Metallica

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally no, healthy and safety of everyone first.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Now that it's grounded to a halt I would love to see it totally pulled apart and fixed before starting it up again. I'm talking from the top, down. Even change the fukin name. NRL is not National and is not represented that way so throw it out. The whole thing needs throwing in the bin and starting again without most of the admin people or pigs at the trough if you will.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, we're just postponing the inevitable. Might as well get it over and done with and maybe we'll see some changes next year.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Hypothetically,
Why can't they go to Coffs Harbour and do games every day of the week with all teams getting 5 days rest in between?

fast forward thangs a bit
How could we keep our players from meeting up with the locals back in their motel rooms? Coffs Harbour would have the media drooling for another Dog's scandal.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that it's grounded to a halt I would love to see it totally pulled apart and fixed before starting it up again. I'm talking from the top, down. Even change the fukin name. NRL is not National and is not represented that way so throw it out. The whole thing needs throwing in the bin and starting again without most of the admin people or pigs at the trough if you will.
Do we have a national sport? Even the AFL doesn't have a Tasmanian team.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
How could we keep our players from meeting up with the locals back in their motel rooms? Coffs Harbour would have the media drooling for another Dog's scandal.
Get our boys in the media and turn it round To make it like that sluts with no morals and chlamydia prey on our players.
Then cut to some junkie bitch ranting.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get our boys in the media and turn it round To make it like that sluts with no morals and chlamydia prey on our players.
Then cut to some junkie bitch ranting.
We're talking about the Murdoch media here, Nasheed. Which story do you think they'd rather run with - girls preying on NRL players, or Bulldogs taking girls back to their rooms?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We're talking about the Murdoch media here, Nasheed. Which story do you think they'd rather run with - girls preying on NRL players, or Bulldogs taking girls back to their rooms?
Get Tucker Carlson onto this and he will sort it out.
He is one nice guy that will keep it real.

barring him, I reckon Paul Murray could spruik it.young enough So bitches don't play the boomer card and from the area and knows the go

I think the Murdoch media is not the most feminist, sensationalist fo sho, but I can see it being turned. Fox in America would side with the dogs for sure.

Last edited: