Do you have to fight with someone before you can respect them?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found that some of my best friends have been following big blow ups with them. Many years ago if course but today some of my best friends.

When you meet someone, most people are fake, they pretend they want to help you but when it comes to the crunch usually they go missing in action.

When you fight with someone, things are said, sometimes inflammatory but they can be very honest, you also see what the other person is made of, if they back up or they push forward

It sets boundaries, opens up honesty, gets rid of the fake dealings... When you fight someone you see the real them, then if you both can move past the disagreement, you really forge a strong friendship.

Two brothers are most of the time best if friends, it's because they have knuckled one another many times and they know each other's strengths and weaknesses , the honesty of a fight brings them close.

If you have not had a fight with someone you don't know the real them, it's fake

Agree?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blue would struggle to punch the skin off a 3 day old custard, but as a shit stirrer he can't be cracked i kind of love him in a non anal penatrive type of way
I dont mind his treads. Ive taken the piss with him a couple of times and hes always been good for it.
Anyways, I dont reckon he's all he makes out to be. I reckon he lives in a caravan and is saving up for bond so he can get his first flat.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont mind his treads. Ive taken the piss with him a couple of times and hes always been good for it.
Anyways, I dont reckon he's all he makes out to be. I reckon he lives in a caravan and is saving up for bond so he can get his first flat.
Flat, unit and apartment. What’s the different or they all the same? This is probably a boost thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Flat is British,
Apartment is Murikan,
Unit is Aussie.

IIRC
Yep. And unit in the US is the trouser snake, which got one of my mates into strife the first time he went to the US about 25 years ago. He’s living in Colorado trying to become mates with new colleagues (and trying to charm the ladies): ‘Come over and see my unit’. ‘My unit is quite big’. They never let him forget it :-).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. And unit in the US is the trouser snake, which got one of my mates into strife the first time he went to the US about 25 years ago. He’s living in Colorado trying to become mates with new colleagues (and trying to charm the ladies): ‘Come over and see my unit’. ‘My unit is quite big’. They never let him forget it :-).
Perfect defence...

"do you want to see my unit?"

If she gets upset you say, "Nah, I'm Australian. Unit means apartment. I was inviting you to come to a party at my apartment"

Then when she turns up it's just you laying naked on the couch saying, "do you like my unit?"

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flat, unit and apartment. What’s the different or they all the same? This is probably a boost thread
Great idea.. for me a flat is a tiny shoe box accommodation tied to a bigger house/accommodation.

A unit is part of a series of units in a 3-6 level block.. apartment is a more higher rise option.

You forgot studio? Basically a small itty bitty version of apartment

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect defence...

"do you want to see my unit?"

If she gets upset you say, "Nah, I'm Australian. Unit means apartment. I was inviting you to come to a party at my apartment"

Then when she turns up it's just you laying naked on the couch saying, "do you like my unit?"
I dated this really hot girl years ago... (Geez she was hot), but she always took her fat friend with her everywhere, my friends and I secretly called the fat friend "the unit".. it's obvious she was trying to get the unit in with one of my mates.. then one of my mates that didn't know one day said, geez that girl your dating has a friend built like a unit, more like a whole block if units. I said yeah I gotta listen to her babble on about her problems sometimes but I get to bang the hot one at night :grinning:. He said he would service the unit but as long as she is not on top otherwise he would become an underground carspot.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I live in the back of my SUV. I have a membership to anytime fitness so I can shit and shower and use their air cond.. I park my SUV along the beach at Coogee so I can tell everyone I live at Coogee. Wash my clothes in the ocean.

Right now I'm using free wifi at McDonald's to post

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dated this really hot girl years ago... (Geez she was hot), but she always took her fat friend with her everywhere, my friends and I secretly called the fat friend "the unit".. it's obvious she was trying to get the unit in with one of my mates.. then one of my mates that didn't know one day said, geez that girl your dating has a friend built like a unit, more like a whole block if units. I said yeah I gotta listen to her babble on about her problems sometimes but I get to bang the hot one at night :grinning:. He said he would service the unit but as long as she is not on top otherwise he would become an underground carspot.
Every guy chasing a hot chick needs a friend with low standards to take care of the unit/guard dog

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every guy chasing a hot chick needs a friend with low standards to take care of the unit/guard dog
You have a gift, beautiful written. Never a more true word spoken

Everyone needs a kamakaze mate

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You have a gift, beautiful written. Never a more true word spoken

Everyone needs a kamakaze mate
I did have a mate who did a solid and tried to go hard over a very large, mean looking guard dog for me. The pretty little thang was very very angry and reminded me of the sort of woman that would go into Al Bundy’s shoe store. Not only did she have rabies but she definitely wasn’t on heat. I thought she’d bite my mates head off like a praying mantis if he got near her

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I did have a mate who did a solid and tried to go hard over a very large, mean looking guard dog for me. The pretty little thang was very very angry and reminded me of the sort of woman that would go into Al Bundy’s shoe store. Not only did she have rabies but she definitely wasn’t on heat. I thought she’d bite my mates head off like a praying mantis if he got near her
This sketch always cracks me up

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This sketch always cracks me up
Hahahahaha. I couldn’t find my favourite one where a big, angry woman storms into the shoe shop and says, “I need shoes!”
Al says, “The blacksmiths right around the corner”. Hahaha.

This video is awesome and I can’t believe the cancel culture haven’t taken it down yet