Do you answer “No Caller ID” phone calls?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So I never answer them. I think if you want to speak to me but think I will for some reason use your number to be able to contact you in the future but think you are so important that you don’t want that then fuck you. Who do you think you are?

I’ve recently had a No Caller ID number call for over two weeks and finally got a knock on my work door from an annoyed cop who commented “You bloody never answer your phone” (on a side note the police wanted to look at footage from outside of one of the buildings I look after) but no I won’t answer a No Caller ID number. Find another way to contact me if you want to talk to me but think your privacy is more important then mine.

Am I alone on this or definitely not?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Nup never answer them. Have voicemail so if they need me to contact them they can leave a message or turn bloody no caller ID off
That’s what I said to the police. Why did t you just leave a message. But that’s becoming a rare thing these day as well because no one listens to them. I never leave a message anymore.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s what I said to the police. Why did t you just leave a message. But that’s becoming a rare thing these day as well because no one listens to them. I never leave a message anymore.
I'm looking for work at the moment, so I answer them. But generally I don't. It's generally just a call centre wanting a commission for getting you to switch phone, electricity or internet suppliers.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with you, never answer no caller ID's and it absolutely pisses me off that most calls (even those with caller ID's) could have been an email.

I tend to miss a lot of calls (with caller ID) because of back to back meetings and seriously if it isn't important enough to leave a voicemail, then an email or text message suffices.

Shits me that people want to talk for no reason and waste my bloody time.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with you, never answer no caller ID's and it absolutely pisses me off that most calls (even those with caller ID's) could have been an email.

I tend to miss a lot of calls (with caller ID) because of back to back meetings and seriously if it isn't important enough to leave a voicemail, then an email or text message suffices.

Shits me that people want to talk for no reason and waste my bloody time.
Yeah waste your time..yep understand..people just waffle on with what the say, not really saying anything..just endless words..yeah like stories that have don’t any relevance to what is being said..like the time I went to the zoo, I was wearing baggy pants, because that was the style at the time, or when I went to the movies, I was wearing baggy pants, because that was the style at time.. Now what was I saying, wearing baggy pants, because it was ...zzzzzzzzzz

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah waste your time..yep understand..people just waffle on with what the say, not really saying anything..just endless words..yeah like stories that have don’t any relevance to what is being said..like the time I went to the zoo, I was wearing baggy pants, because that was the style at the time, or when I went to the movies, I was wearing baggy pants, because that was the style at time.. Now what was I saying, wearing baggy pants, because it was ...zzzzzzzzzz
I totally agree bro but did I tell you that we
can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter,you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So I never answer them. I think if you want to speak to me but think I will for some reason use your number to be able to contact you in the future but think you are so important that you don’t want that then fuck you. Who do you think you are?

I’ve recently had a No Caller ID number call for over two weeks and finally got a knock on my work door from an annoyed cop who commented “You bloody never answer your phone” (on a side note the police wanted to look at footage from outside of one of the buildings I look after) but no I won’t answer a No Caller ID number. Find another way to contact me if you want to talk to me but think your privacy is more important then mine.

Answered one a few years back , this waste of sperm was trying to sell me life insurance, I said to this toilet brush so are you trying to say I'm gonna die soon? Why you pushing so hard? Are you threatening me? This should have been spat on his daddy's chest flop hung up and haven't received a call since...that was about 6 or 7 years ago.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never answer No ID calls, also hate if its No ID and they don't leave a message.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't owe anyone money so I usually answer them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mines more so a decision they could have made, a decision where I've given them all the tools and previously authorized them to make those decisions, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, let's bug Captain Jackson and ask him numerous times. FFS

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't answer Unknown Number calls for years. But this year my Dr has had to reschedule a few times, and their reception comes through as Unknown Number. Also, with many smaller offices and clinics that switched to working from home this year, in many cases employees have had to use their own mobile to make calls, and especially when they have to call clients who they don't want necessarily to have their private mobile number, they will turn of the ID on their phone.

Still leave a message, sure, but if the employee can only leave a business number that currently goes to messages because there is no one there to answer it, it gets a bit tricky.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Answered one a few years back , this waste of sperm was trying to sell me life insurance, I said to this toilet brush so are you trying to say I'm gonna die soon? Why you pushing so hard? Are you threatening me? This should have been spat on his daddy's chest flop hung up and haven't received a call since...that was about 6 or 7 years ago.
I got one once from a bloke with quite a posh “Kent area in England” sounding accent about life insurance. Think of it sounding like prince William sort of accent (I’m assuming the grifter was out here bludging dodging immigration and fucking the other 12 pommy housemates he was living with in a 2 bedroom flat in Coogee) Anyway he was like do you have life insurance?
Nup
Well do you want it?
Nup
Well are you thinking of having children
Yep got 7 of them (of course had none)
Okay wow so you have 7 and you haven’t thought about life insurance
Nup
Well how will they be supported if you pass away
Don’t fucken care I’ll be dead..
Well I find that extraordinary
Well if you care about em so much you can have the little c**ts
He hung up

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never answer. I get 30 spam calls per day on my work phone. No caller ID pretty much guarantees it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I totally agree bro but did I tell you that we
can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter,you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
You got it! Love that scene!! And here it is...Season 4 Episode 17 Last Exit to Springfield..

Plus I gotta add this end of credits song.. Season 5 Episode 21 Lady Bouvier’s Lover

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Never answer them. If they are important than they will leave a msg.

But when I get pulled up about it I just say "I'm just respecting your privacy by not answering your private number".

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Most are scammers anyway. I mute all calls apart from direct family & good friends. They can leave a message if they want. Government departments using private numbers need to wake up and realise hardly anyone answers them

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I got one once from a bloke with quite a posh “Kent area in England” sounding accent about life insurance. Think of it sounding like prince William sort of accent (I’m assuming the grifter was out here bludging dodging immigration and fucking the other 12 pommy housemates he was living with in a 2 bedroom flat in Coogee) Anyway he was like do you have life insurance?
Nup
Well do you want it?
Nup
Well are you thinking of having children
Yep got 7 of them (of course had none)
Okay wow so you have 7 and you haven’t thought about life insurance
Nup
Well how will they be supported if you pass away
Don’t fucken care I’ll be dead..
Well I find that extraordinary
Well if you care about em so much you can have the little c**ts
He hung up
That's the funniest shit ever hahaha

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

A cop making a phone call? That's pretty weird, they usually show up at your door. Well my work phone which I use a lot is private (except when making internal calls to colleagues), and I can't do anything about that.

I'll only answer them if I'm looking for a job as it could be someone from a company I've applied for.

Apart from that I'll answer the scammers for the LOLs and that's it (like I did yesterday with some Indian guy).