Do we need a Super League v2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the SL war Ken Arthurson said that the only way the SL aligned teams could play in a competition of their own was for them to develop a brand new game.
I know that a few attempts have been made to develop a Hybrid game and from reports the attempts were not much more than a joke.
I used to enjoy the game much more in the 80's, Rugby has always been s---h--i--t to me. As an engineer and I have no doubt that the right people with a bit of common sense as well as something of an IQ (a little more than the current NRL Admin) a much better pure sports entertainment game could be developed than either of the 2 Rugby codes.
Innovations can be easily protected at least in our own Country by either copyright or even patents, (BTW I have done a few).
I would love to be involved if I find can find someone of note interested in the idea.

Last edited:

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Normally I would say no fucking way but its not such a silly idea. The NRL has massive issues. The NRL has too many Sydney teams to make expansion viable. There are teams that are blatantly rorting the salary cap, Roosters, Broncos for example. Referee corruption is out there believe it or not its there. NRL mismanagement of finances from the last TV deal. Playing games in empty big stadiums which is a terrible look for the game, ticket pricing etc.

Game has gone soft and not what it used to be. Time to at least put it out there and force the NRL to think about things to be honest.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Competition is healthy. Currently without any the NRL are fine to run rampant and not listen to fans.

When there is no alternative, people are forced to "make do" with what is offered up.
You wouldn't be saying this if we were leading the comp.
No Super League War II.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes! We need a Super League II so we can get overblown wages for players again & end our salary cap problems.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
22 years ago I was hoping the SL would go solo and Fuck the ARL. Now we need a new SL to fuck the NRL otherwise the NRL will fuck our club, because all the ARL skum have taken control of the NRL and few have noticed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.