Opinion Do we have a Laundry problem?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs now the boys club .
Won’t sack Baz fear of laundry’s laundry pulling the pin .
Conflict of interest .
Oh well guess we don’t have any leaders at bulldogs head quarters.
Let’s see how many losses we can muster now.
If we throw a bunch of changes this week and produce same shit show their is your answer.
I new Baz lost dressing room half time vs nights when whole team
Was looking at the floor.
Most going through motions simply don’t wanna be with us .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think defensively we are much better. I think the fitness or lack there of is what is bringing our defence undone in second halves.

We simply aren’t fit. That is our number one problem to fix first. Too many weights and not enough cardio in the off-season.
Weights don't seem to have helped either....opposition backs continually make pcm with 4 of our guys on their backs or trying to rope and hog tie them to the ground. Then we continually submit in tackles when attacking with no aggression or fight for metres.

Every aspect of our play is generally mediocre and poor.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not going to bag the Laundy’s - they came in when we had no sponsor and I think were well intended. That said I’ve no doubt Wharby is working on potential replacements if either party doesn’t want it renewed.
A rather benevolent view of the transaction DD. It was a last gasp motion/ gesture by the Anderson administration to quell the EGM. Courtesy of the Laundy’s relationship with the Ballesty’s. Clearly Laundy got the better end of the deal.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
A rather benevolent view of the transaction DD. It was a last gasp motion/ gesture by the Anderson administration to quell the EGM. Courtesy of the Laundy’s relationship with the Ballesty’s. Clearly Laundy got the better end of the deal.
I know where it came from and that it wasn’t full freight but they still put money on the table when it seemed no-one else would so hence I’m not going to bag them. Arthur doesn’t run an empire because he’s a dope - it’s a business transaction so if he did himself a good deal then good on him, I’d do the same.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not going to bag the Laundy’s - they came in when we had no sponsor and I think were well intended. That said I’ve no doubt Wharby is working on potential replacements if either party doesn’t want it renewed.
I agree but Laundy did get a good deal in that first year.

That said a club consistently finishing in the bottom 4 isn’t an attractive product to sponsor, hopefully things turn for us in all departments on and off the field.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

That said a club consistently finishing in the bottom 4 isn’t an attractive product to sponsor, hopefully things turn for us in all departments on and off the field.
Yes, but as I said above if Arthur got himself a good deal then good on him - shrewd business.

Yeah they’re obvious dots to join aren’t they: winning = crowds, merch, sponsors paying higher rates etc.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Warburton & co have secured a major sponsor moving forward.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

How much longer can it be sustainable for the club to be in this cycle of buying players, releasing players and having a coaching merry go round with absolutely nothing to show for it? We are so lucky to have the Leagues Club at the minute but even then its just wasting it's money by ploughing it into a Football Club that can't stop chasing its own tail. I have never been so disillusioned with the joint.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How much longer can it be sustainable for the club to be in this cycle of buying players, releasing players and having a coaching merry go round with absolutely nothing to show for it? We are so lucky to have the Leagues Club at the minute but even then its just wasting it's money by ploughing it into a Football Club that can't stop chasing its own tail. I have never been so disillusioned with the joint.
I think you’re a similar vintage to me and we’ve been so used to seeing success. There’s been issues along the way but we’ve never been down for long. This last 5-6 years has really killed my love for the game.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You'd think they would have learnt by now, like said elsewhere we are becoming worse than the Tigers.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you’re a similar vintage to me and we’ve been so used to seeing success. There’s been issues along the way but we’ve never been down for long. This last 5-6 years has really killed my love for the game.
Others might not agree but give me the scandals of the early 2000's over this rubbish the club has been serving up for the last 5 years.

The club will never regain its reputation as a winner that's long gone and there's no doubt it will cost the club for years to come with lost fans that walk away and never return or ones that would have supported the club but never did because we are a basket case.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Others might not agree but give me the scandals of the early 2000's over this rubbish the club has been serving up for the last 5 years.

The club will never regain its reputation as a winner that's long gone and there's no doubt it will cost the club for years to come with lost fans that walk away and never return or ones that would have supported the club but never did because we are a basket case.
The scandals used to give the team an us vs them mentality.

My brother who follows the bulldogs but overall he doesn’t follow sport that closely was speaking to me yesterday said it will take years for the bulldogs to be on their feet again. When it’s that obvious to people that don’t follow the club week to week we’re in serious trouble.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will start going forward once our junior production line starts pumping out quality juniors into 1st grade. The players we have blooded recently such as Wakeham, Averillo, Topine, Doorey etc aren't 10 year nrl players. You cant be a center and run poor lines & not push up on ball. You cant be a 2nd rower and be 90kg with no tackle bust capability. You cant be a lock and not be able to ball play. All these juniors we have seen recently are injury backup versus mainstream NRL players. Sadly we have wasted 4 years with boards that simply have no vision for actually rectifying the issues this club has. I think Gould understands the timelines but he is simply too afraid to tell us all we are at least 5 years from being a competitive team. Burton, fox, Kikau & mahoney are genuine recruitments. TPJ is a career nrl player but he needs a leadership team to whip him on the paddock. He may come good next season with Mahoney & Kikau egging him on. That gives us 5 NRL players next season in a squad of 30. There would be 5 other players who are ok if they have genuine 1st graders around them so we are 7 players short of a good run on team plus 13 players short on injury backup.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Next we’ll be blaming the cleaners at the leagues club FFS

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if poor old Arthur ever recovered from Adam Elliott leaving.

I think the Elliott example shows Laundy has very little say, went out to the media talking about how much he loved him but we still terminated the contract in the end.
And we have been in a downhill spiral ever since. :tonguewink:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Barrett should of been given his marching orders last year.....

Everyone is pleading for Gould to pull that fucken trigger, and I am as well

Do we have a problem where Laundy has the first and final say on this one?

Me thinks there is a lot more to it with Laundy & Hansen being very good bum chums with Barrett

Everyone talks about getting rid of all the support coaching staff around Barrett (i totally agree), but what about the heavyweights in Laundy & Hansen

I get the feeling Gould is outnumbered with this one though I could be very wrong
Yeah, sure…. It’s Laundy.

I’m sure it has nothing to do with Laundy. He made it clear he wanted Elliott to stay. Didn’t stop the club from moving him on (and what a mistake THAT turned out to be.)

As for Hansen, he’s in a consultancy role. He’d have no say in the matter whatsoever.

Gus is the one who said Barrett would be here long after he was gone. He wouldn’t have said that if he didn’t want him at the club. If and when Gus wants Barrett gone, he’ll be gone. Until that day comes, there’s only one person to blame if you’re unhappy Barrett hadn’t been given the flick yet.