Opinion Do we have a Laundry problem?

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Barrett should of been given his marching orders last year.....

Everyone is pleading for Gould to pull that fucken trigger, and I am as well

Do we have a problem where Laundy has the first and final say on this one?

Me thinks there is a lot more to it with Laundy & Hansen being very good bum chums with Barrett

Everyone talks about getting rid of all the support coaching staff around Barrett (i totally agree), but what about the heavyweights in Laundy & Hansen

I get the feeling Gould is outnumbered with this one though I could be very wrong
Hanson is a myth.

His relationship with the club is a non event.

If he has any say over the long term running of our club, we are doomed.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why are we still talking about Hansen? The club has not mentioned Hansen since Gould was signed. If Hansen was still involved, there is no reason for him not be here or at least to have visited. Clearly, he's not involved.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have so many problems, it's hard to list them all out and then rank them. The fact that we haven't had a decent spine for about a decade now might be a good place to start.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why are we still talking about Hansen? The club has not mentioned Hansen since Gould was signed. If Hansen was still involved, there is no reason for him not be here or at least to have visited. Clearly, he's not involved.
He's still contracted to the club but he's currently in Japan I think.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Looking forward to Warby sorting out a new major sponsor to go on our new non Classic jersey.

No Laundy. No Classic. No Barrett. You can’t get a fresher start than that.
Believe Classic has been retained. Gus let it slip in a tweet then deleted it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Laundy was told to reign it in. He's been quiet now for a while. If it came down to him threatening to withdraw his sponsorship based on us getting Barrett out of the club, I think the club should be ok with that. We're not a club that'll go under if we have a few months without a sponsor.

But among the things which have been discussed in this thread.
- Hansen- as far as coaching consultants go, he's not seemingly doing a lot to enhance Barrett's success.

Rest of the coaching crew.
- Defensively we showed improvement in the first few rounds, but it's seemingly fallen off.
- Fitness is definitely an issue since even after a good start we can collapse quickly.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO EVERYONE... WE NEED..

ANOTHER GUS CLEANOUT ETC.. OKUNBOR, MARSHALL KING, STIMSON, WADDELL, RFM, WAKEHAM AND MORE
ANOTHER NEW MAJOR SPONSOR
ANOTHER COACH (MY OPINION GUS AS COACH)
nah a Ricky Stuart clean out required , get the overhead projector out

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Laundy was told to reign it in. He's been quiet now for a while. If it came down to him threatening to withdraw his sponsorship based on us getting Barrett out of the club, I think the club should be ok with that. We're not a club that'll go under if we have a few months without a sponsor.

But among the things which have been discussed in this thread.
- Hansen- as far as coaching consultants go, he's not seemingly doing a lot to enhance Barrett's success.

Rest of the coaching crew.
- Defensively we showed improvement in the first few rounds, but it's seemingly fallen off.
- Fitness is definitely an issue since even after a good start we can collapse quickly.
The club sponsorship not an issue . It would be more if there are tpa s etc that he may have had a hand in

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t have a Laundry problem, we have a Garbage problem and it needs to be taken out
And LAUNDY can fuck off as well. I am over the pretender’s and would be if they could be’s in this club, coaches, players, the board, Gus, the whole fucking lot, if thing’s don’t start to improve soon, they can all get fucked.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They just extended him mate…,

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have lots of dirty laundry yes.!!! Lol.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to Warby sorting out a new major sponsor to go on our new non Classic jersey.

No Laundy. No Classic. No Barrett. You can’t get a fresher start than that.
The club has signed a new deal with Classic-Laundy signed on as major sponsor at sleeve sponsor rate. It was the Anderson’s parting gift…. There is a new major sponsor

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hansen’s involvement has been overstated since day one there’s no way he would have any influence on something like a coaching appointment. Gus and his ego wouldn’t let anyone else dictate the terms on how he manages things I have no doubt he’s calling the shots.
I'm telling you right now Phil Gould runs the football operations and nobody else gives the orders

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure Laundy’s sponsorship ends this year anyway. The club will survive without the Laundy’s.
I’m not going to bag the Laundy’s - they came in when we had no sponsor and I think were well intended. That said I’ve no doubt Wharby is working on potential replacements if either party doesn’t want it renewed.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think defensively we are much better. I think the fitness or lack there of is what is bringing our defence undone in second halves.

We simply aren’t fit. That is our number one problem to fix first. Too many weights and not enough cardio in the off-season.