Opinion Do we have a Laundry problem?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it. Now you have to decide Top Loader or Front Loader. Big decision for you to make. Good Luck
Another front loader (wifey decides, hubby abides LOL), or I'll repair this one. Looks like the flange shaft has nuked itself.. not an uncommon issue.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad barrett and laundry are good mates, he can give barrett a job when the bulldogs sack him

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know where it came from and that it wasn’t full freight but they still put money on the table when it seemed no-one else would so hence I’m not going to bag them. Arthur doesn’t run an empire because he’s a dope - it’s a business transaction so if he did himself a good deal then good on him, I’d do the same.
That’s incorrect,
We would all do the same, & herein lies another issue with the Anderson administration. The major sponsorship was gifted to Laundy without consultation with existing Club sponsors & other potential major sponsors would have all taken the deal; problem was this opportunity wasn’t offered to anyone else; there was no tender process.
Hardly demonstrates commercial integrity or transparency in negotiation & transaction.
This was Anderson,Ballesty & Dunn’s contribution…

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If and when Baz goes Hansen needs to as well, what has he actually done to improve the team? Crap all!
how can he improve the team from another country having no involvement? waste of money. and isnt he supposed to be a consultant for Baz? gee wiz thats worked well hasnt it

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s incorrect,
We would all do the same, & herein lies another issue with the Anderson administration. The major sponsorship was gifted to Laundy without consultation with existing Club sponsors & other potential major sponsors would have all taken the deal; problem was this opportunity wasn’t offered to anyone else; there was no tender process.
Hardly demonstrates commercial integrity or transparency in negotiation & transaction.
This was Anderson,Ballesty & Dunn’s contribution…
Yeah I’ve heard that rumour.
Easy to blame the 3 directors no longer there.
What about the 4 who still are?
You’re saying these items didn’t even get to a board meeting? I don’t buy that.

My point stands - Arthur got a cheap deal and he’s made the most of it and I don’t blame him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Might not be the right thread for it, but some of these issues suggest to me the problem with expansion. There’s barely enough talent for 16 teams let alone 17. Can 9 Sydney clubs survive going forward? Not suggesting that has anything to do with the Dogs but a number of clubs are struggling and we’re lucky we’re wealthy with the league club.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

My point stands - Arthur got a cheap deal and he’s made the most of it and I don’t blame him.
I don't blame him either but he was all over the media when he first came on board talking about how he wanted to invest in the lives of the players and sold himself as a politis style figure. Truth is he got a got a good sponsorship deal with a club with s huge supporter base, who will always be in the news regardless of where we are coming. Going against the club through the media with player issues is not a sponsors role. I doubt he has any involvement or even watches our games.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't blame him either but he was all over the media when he first came on board talking about how he wanted to invest in the lives of the players and sold himself as a politis style figure. Truth is he got a got a good sponsorship deal with a club with s huge supporter base, who will always be in the news regardless of where we are coming. Going against the club through the media with player issues is not a sponsors role. I doubt he has any involvement or even watches our games.
No doubt he was muzzled.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know it was no rumour, I can’t understand why you keep defending/justifying their poor management?no coincidence that the triumvirate + Hill are gone. The CEO & the Chair are the executives, come on DD you now how it functions. Dumb Dumb (DD)decision at the 11th hour to save their positions, ultimately the loyal LONG TERM sponsors & members had enough …..
despite you advocating for Anderson/Hill & co on this forum

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You know it was no rumour, I can’t understand why you keep defending/justifying their poor management?no coincidence that the triumvirate + Hill are gone. The CEO & the Chair are the executives, come on DD you now how it functions. Dumb Dumb (DD)decision at the 11th hour to save their positions, ultimately the loyal LONG TERM sponsors & members had enough …..
despite you advocating for Anderson/Hill & co on this forum
Geez SFA, swooping to new lows calling DD ‘Dumb Dumb’ (equal new lows in comedy quality :-)).

Well might you say I ‘defended’ the Andersons - same as you were always anti them. I wonder why…

But here’s a couple of facts:

- I supported them primarily because they weren’t Dib - and likewise the sponsors and members had enough of him after he botched the Hasler re-signing/sacking and the assumed $10m cap which was indeed $9.4m

- Lynne unquestionably made mistakes and largely because she wasn’t consultive enough. You like to make out you’re so well connected on this forum, so ask the Chairman - he’ll tell you that if Lynne was more consultive she’d likely still be here.

- Hill went primarily because he tried to appease all factions and ended up untrusted and in the wilderness.

Regardless, it’s all in the past - just that the mistakes weren’t exclusively the Andersons as you like to suggest is the case. I’m more interested in moving forward and I’ll leave you to go work on your comedy (it’s sorely needed :-)).

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very woke of you to be offended by 2 words with the same initials as your handle- thought you were old school!!!
You really don’t like being corrected do you DD, the (Dumb Dumb) was strictly referenced to the thoughtless decisions & actions of the Anderson administration.
As for you facts, again you fall short.
For the record I don’t have any allegiance to individuals, groups or factions- I vote & say what I perceive to be in the best interest of the Club. Hence why I wanted Dib & co given another term to rectify their errors from roster management to the disastrous Classic clothing deal.
Remember Dib & co were voted out
Lynne & co were a protest vote.
Check the records, I supported the Anderson administration & Andrew Hill until their ineptness started coming away at the seams. Form personal experience, both Lynne & Hills major drawback was they merely gave lip service
to issues- playing members & sponsors for fools & as a result the direction of the Club.
As for my “connections”, I’ve worked for & within several NRL Clubs, have made many long term friendships with players, officials, player agents and coaching staff,
I well l& truly have my finger on the pulse.
So stop directing criticism at my posts as your as accurate with facts as Labor is with their policy details!
Give it a rest DD (Dinkum Dog).
Always a Bulldog,
As some say….

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Very woke of you to be offended by 2 words with the same initials as your handle- thought you were old school!!!
You really don’t like being corrected do you DD, the (Dumb Dumb) was strictly referenced to the thoughtless decisions & actions of the Anderson administration.
As for you facts, again you fall short.
For the record I don’t have any allegiance to individuals, groups or factions- I vote & say what I perceive to be in the best interest of the Club. Hence why I wanted Dib & co given another term to rectify their errors from roster management to the disastrous Classic clothing deal.
Remember Dib & co were voted out
Lynne & co were a protest vote.
Check the records, I supported the Anderson administration & Andrew Hill until their ineptness started coming away at the seams. Form personal experience, both Lynne & Hills major drawback was they merely gave lip service
to issues- playing members & sponsors for fools & as a result the direction of the Club.
As for my “connections”, I’ve worked for & within several NRL Clubs, have made many long term friendships with players, officials, player agents and coaching staff,
I well l& truly have my finger on the pulse.
So stop directing criticism at my posts as your as accurate with facts as Labor is with their policy details!
Give it a rest DD (Dinkum Dog).
Always a Bulldog,
As some say….
Offended? Not even close :-).
Just pointing out how lame/unfunny your post was.
SFA: ‘I have my finger on the pulse’.
Maybe, and you’ve got your hand somewhere else :tearsofjoy:.