Do we go all in for Munster?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is already what we have. Imagine adding Munster. And we will still have room for one more big fish...

1. Jake Averillo
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Aaaron Schoupp
4. Brandy Alamoti
5. Joshua Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Matt Burton (GK)
8. Tevita Pangai Jr.
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Kurt Morrin

14. Ryan Sutton
15. Max King
16. Chris Patolo
17. Josh Jackson (Limit minutes and let him play front row)
I didn't realise we signed Alamoti's sister. Does she go alright.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dreaming... The bloke wouldn't come here

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dreaming... The bloke wouldn't come here
Who else has ~1.3m to throw at him for 2024? We only have 7 contracted players with multiple players on big money coming off contract. Unless the Dolphins start signing players/mercenaries for 1 year on big money they won't have the salary cap space since they need to spend 95% of their salary cap for 2023.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pfft please... Clubs find ways...

Did somebody say 2 sets of books?

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can thank Cleal for that, Including Latrell Mitchell.
No mate. He was offered to the club very very recently. Nothing to do with Des,Cleal, Lynne etc. I am talking very recently very recently

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No mate. He was offered to the club very very recently. Nothing to do with Des,Cleal, Lynne etc. I am talking very recently very recently
Gus or Baz?

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely our premiership window opens if we sign this guy. He's 27 and just entered his prime.

He's arguably the best player in the game at the moment, It's almost like JT or Lockyer getting pushed out in their prime. We'll be crazy not to be having serious discussions about signing him, especially when Burton is reported to be testing the Market.

If Burton stays, Thomo and Jackson's money will be available.
There is no Munster at the Dogs. Let"s move on and frankly stop fantasising like 15 year old boys

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry. You should have stated that you had inside knowledge and are part of the recruitement and retention committee. Would have saved us all a lot of time.
No not at all part of any of that. He is not and will not be at the Dogs. I wish he was though. One of the very few boys i would pay $1m x 5. Maybe I will talk to his manager if I get 20 likes but I think he will be at Dolphins in 2024 as our club passed

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry. You should have stated that you had inside knowledge and are part of the recruitement and retention committee. Would have saved us all a lot of time.
I wish but yeah he won't be coming. Let's fantasise about someone else who also will not be coming m

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Munster is the new Wally Lewis. Just hate him but he's so good!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love Munster but at 1.2 million, I don't think it's a realistic option.
I'm in the basket of signing someone like Sezer for a year or 2 while continuing the development of Bailey Hayward And using the money from players like Jackson, Allan, Flanagan, Vaughan etc to strengthen other areas.
He will follow Bellamy wherever he goes, I'm starting to think that Bennet is only warming the seat for Bellamy, and my guess is that he will follow Bellamy to the Dolphins.
BTW I would go all out for Bellamy, if we were to get him then Munster would be a realistic possibility, other than that I don't think Munster would come for $1.5M.

Last edited:

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he’s a grub and i hate the **** but he is a superstar one of if not the best players in the game rn. sign him up