Do we get a week off if we win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we get a week off if we win tonight?
Is the break beneficial? I think we could do with a rest after playing so much intense footy this year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Under Moore, week off = bad

Under Hasler, week off = good

BTW, we won both games after the bye didn't we? From memory, we played Souths and Storm didn't we?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we win we get the week off and our next opponent will be out of-

Loser of Melbourne/Souths, Canberra or Cronulla. All beatable to make the GF.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
It's a good thing, always has been

Obviously you need to manage the players right, I have no doubt Des will do that

However the BIGGEST advantage is what happens to your opposition in Week 2. Injuries ? Extremely Tough game ? Fatigue ? Short preparation period ? Suspension ?

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be a bruising game tonight. WOuldnt be surprised if we get some injuries. We need to win.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Week off will be needed for both teams!

They will bash each other tonight. Whoever needs to backup against the Cowboys/Broncos next week will to it tough. They will be sore & sorry.

The winner will be in a great place to take the title. The beaten team may go out in straight sets!

Week Off very Good!

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I think us, the fans, will also need a week off.

The nerves are killing me today!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think us, the fans, will also need a week off.

The nerves are killing me today!!
Tell me about it! On top of that its a slow work day so the time is just dragging on

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The week off will be great for the players recovery but it can disturb momentum.

I am still worried about complacency as well particularly in the past 4 - 6 weeks. If we get the week off Des will need to fire the boys up.

Dog Daze

Waterboy
Reaction score

BTW, we won both games after the bye didn't we? From memory, we played Souths and Storm didn't we?
I like that point, Hasler seems to have the preparation so dialled. It's not just Moore, but with most other coaches this question would be considered.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score

we haven't been that great this year coming off the bye. I remember against St George and the Tigers they were both ugly wins and we were not switched on for the full 80. We only played well for about 30-35 minutes in each of those games and lucky that was enough to win us the game. Won't be the same come finals time, having said that the week off will work well for us as it will be a brusing encounter tonight, and physically and mentally it will be difficult to back up next week again if we have to. I am just hoping that if we win tonight, that we continue with that momentum and not get too caried away.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Do we get a week off if we win tonight?
Is the break beneficial? I think we could do with a rest after playing so much intense footy this year.
This game will be a smash up derby and the winner will need the week off. It is possible that the loser may go out in straight sets due to this enormous game. It will be a cracker and a must win at all cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.