Opinion Do we extend Lewis' contract?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No, seriously why do people still ask this?
I know your love for him won't grow lol, however just revisiting based on his most recent stints. Can he be moulded?

Even better question. You can choose to answer or not. If you are forced to use him, hiw would you use him? Find it in your good natured heart to answer

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Why would you sign a half if you need to work so much on their fundamentals when they are half way through their career?
If you believe they were not coached properly previously, you may make the call you can help them unlearn bad habits and relearn better ones.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The kennel "We need to sign a better half to partner Burton"

Also the Kennel "Let's resign the halves we have already"

Short answer: Save the money and get someone useful
If you compare Lewis to Flanagan and Wakeham he's better than the both of them but since he's off contract unless we can move on both Flanagan and Wakeham we can't re-sign him.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would you sign a half if you need to work so much on their fundamentals when they are half way through their career?
As a half your right. Will he be the same, worse, or better in the forwards?

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you compare Lewis to Flanagan and Wakeham he's better than the both of them but since he's off contract unless we can move on both Flanagan and Wakeham we can't re-sign him.
Exactly

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know your love for him won't grow lol, however just revisiting based on his most recent stints. Can he be moulded?

Even better question. You can choose to answer or not. If you are forced to use him, hiw would you use him? Find it in your good natured heart to answer
I'd use him as 18th man ;)

Seriously it's time to move on, he doesn't solve any issues and we need to recruit players that actually do.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you believe they were not coached properly previously, you may make the call you can help them unlearn bad habits and relearn better ones.
How many coaches do you think Lewis has had from his first game in the under 6’s to now? If he hasn’t got those fundamentals now he is never going to have them.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel tbaz kept bbo out the game because of how big and physical sharks fowards were, probably the right move also, we don't want him bashed out the game this early in his career.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, seriously why do people still ask this?
Because given half a sniff, and with all the natural talent of a blind sloth trying to play a round of golf, Lewis actually looks like he wants to be there, and against all the odds manages to produce something noticeable more often than some of his more talented peers.

And also because this has been such a sucky season that it actually means something to see someone playing like they want to be there.

I reckon keep signing him on 1 year minimum deals. When he doesn't get picked for a whole season it means we have an actual good squad at long last.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Worse. Can you see him being a running threat?
I'm confused. The guy does my head in. Maybe it's his looks lol. He is 50/50 player. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've stated this a few times given his body frame isn't much different to Victor Radley or Cam Murray. Obviously skill levels are vastly different but if Lewis roided up he could be a good ball playing lock.

All ifs and buts though. But agree with one year extension
I mentioned ages ago that Lewis would be good at Lock and was fvcking hammered mercilessly for it!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would solve a depth issue but we have already two burdens in Wakeham and Flanno...might be unworkable but if one of these got the flick.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. The guy does my head in. Maybe it's his looks lol. He is 50/50 player. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
If you’re not sold on him after 4 years I don’t think you will ever be.