Do the players care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im asking this question based on something i saw against the rabbitohs, when souths were given a penalty and chose to kick for penalty goal adam reynolds lined it up and missed but the ball bounced in the in goal then went out, but my point is there was no bulldogs player there in that position to catch the ball and run instead of giving them the ball back. I thought it was pathetic tbh that no one thought to be in the right position, do they care. It was just one incident but it shows the attitude of some of these players

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
they are like that clueless kid who has been abused by his dad from a very young age and is always uncertain to make a decision on his own. the kid never trust his own judgement and badly lacks self confidence.

This is what 4 years of being coached under des does to you.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Aidan Tolman standing over the ball instead of picking it up and taking the advantage typifies some of the players attitude atm. They all need to take a look at Reynolds and Jackson and put in the effort they do.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im asking this question based on something i saw against the rabbitohs, when souths were given a penalty and chose to kick for penalty goal adam reynolds lined it up and missed but the ball bounced in the in goal then went out, but my point is there was no bulldogs player there in that position to catch the ball and run instead of giving them the ball back. I thought it was pathetic tbh that no one thought to be in the right position, do they care. It was just one incident but it shows the attitude of some of these players
I don't think they don't care, you can see there all trying but at the same time look lost without direction, we need an on field general, unfortunately we don't have any players at the moment that are capable of doing that

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It appears only Reynolds, Jackson, Klemmer and Kasiano care.

I may be wrong but aren't they all our juniors?
All came through the under 20s system so closet thing to a junior there is these days. Klemmer may have come across in sg ball I think. He played matts for parra. Reynolds is a local Clemton park boy.

In saying showing passion though I would call out graham too. The guy is a bulldog through and through. He gets so upset with every bad performance and I know he takes losses personally. He didn't even talk to surgess on Friday he fobbed him off. Where Browne was having a laugh with him like they are long lost team mates.

I know it's an 80min game and once the whistle blows at full time the battle lines are gone, but you don't sit there laughing like its a social catch up. Mortimer would never sit there laughing with sterlo if dogs lost.

Graham has had his worst season as a dog this year without a doubt. But we have only seen him in our structure and our gameplan. So I can't write him off yet. In the all stars he got man of the match. But in saying that he isn't giving us 700k worth of return. But then again no one is giving us superstar performances.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All came through the under 20s system so closet thing to a junior there is these days. Klemmer may have come across in sg ball I think. He played matts for parra. Reynolds is a local Clemton park boy.

In saying showing passion though I would call out graham too. The guy is a bulldog through and through. He gets so upset with every bad performance and I know he takes losses personally. He didn't even talk to surgess on Friday he fobbed him off. Where Browne was having a laugh with him like they are long lost team mates.

I know it's an 80min game and once the whistle blows at full time the battle lines are gone, but you don't sit there laughing like its a social catch up. Mortimer would never sit there laughing with sterlo if dogs lost.

Graham has had his worst season as a dog this year without a doubt. But we have only seen him in our structure and our gameplan. So I can't write him off yet. In the all stars he got man of the match. But in saying that he isn't giving us 700k worth of return. But then again no one is giving us superstar performances.
I used to watch ESL just to see Graham play.

He was a machine. Ever since he became captain he has become fucking rubbish.

He is a shadow of his former self.

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hoppa doesn't care the fans care I just wished the club would start caring.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I used to watch ESL just to see Graham play.

He was a machine. Ever since he became captain he has become fucking rubbish.

He is a shadow of his former self.
Yeh I know what you mean. He was a mad man. He was like robbo and bella combine. The bloke would run through a brick wall, get up dust himself off then run straight back into the defence.

He has lost the fire he used to have. Many have mentioned since Black Friday he isn't the same. And the truth is I haven't seen the fire he displayed for the first 2-3 season where he would explode on the field and play just on passion and adrenalin.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This question needs to be put to Des after next weeks loss

"When you already knew that hoppa is not going to be available on Sundays and no one knew when the first game of the final series for dogs is going to land on Sunday or not , why didnt you get a player ready to cover for hoppa and played him in last weeks game against rabbits , for which the result didnt matter as dogs were already out of the the top 4 race and not going to be dropped from the 8th, so why didnt Bmoz or any other player played as a fullback??"

this has to be the major incompetence on part of Des , what the fuck has been thinking, what the fuck has he been doing ? why didnt he get Bmoz more game time at the fullback role when he knew final series is going to be an issue with hoppa and you can not just change players position first week of the final.

Des has completely failed this year as a coach, no vision, no plan, no strategy and care factor = zero.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I know what you mean. He was a mad man. He was like robbo and bella combine. The bloke would run through a brick wall, get up dust himself off then run straight back into the defence.

He has lost the fire he used to have. Many have mentioned since Black Friday he isn't the same. And the truth is I haven't seen the fire he displayed for the first 2-3 season where he would explode on the field and play just on passion and adrenalin.
Captaincy and using him as a bartering ram has killed his game was lethal as a super sub would turn momentum when he came on same way sam does now

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just listen to the end of this Terry Lamb interview, loved what he says after the 14:50 mark!!!

THESE BLOKES HAVE GOT TO GET TOGETHER and START FIGHTING FOR THE CLUB!!!

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just listen to the end of this Terry Lamb interview, loved what he says after the 14:50 mark!!!

THESE BLOKES HAVE GOT TO GET TOGETHER and START FIGHTING FOR THE CLUB!!!
Listen to his tone of voice when he speaks about the dogs and then listen to today's players no passion at all! His right the players need to start fighting for the club, unfortunately they don't understand what that mean!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This question needs to be put to Des after next weeks loss

"When you already knew that hoppa is not going to be available on Sundays and no one knew when the first game of the final series for dogs is going to land on Sunday or not , why didnt you get a player ready to cover for hoppa and played him in last weeks game against rabbits , for which the result didnt matter as dogs were already out of the the top 4 race and not going to be dropped from the 8th, so why didnt Bmoz or any other player played as a fullback??"

this has to be the major incompetence on part of Des , what the fuck has been thinking, what the fuck has he been doing ? why didnt he get Bmoz more game time at the fullback role when he knew final series is going to be an issue with hoppa and you can not just change players position first week of the final.

Des has completely failed this year as a coach, no vision, no plan, no strategy and care factor = zero.
This is what is completely insane, the souths game was a dead rubber once the broncos won on thursday so why wouldn't you give Brett Morris a free run to prepare for the finals?

Can you imagine if we did make the GF and avoided playing sunday until then? Was Des just going to throw Brett at the back for the first time all year in the biggest game ever?

They call him the mad scientist but I think he's just mad.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As others mentioned, hasler needs to drop his ego and bring in the legends to motivate these puppies and turn them into Bulldogs, throw training out the window (it's not working, from what I've seen the last few games) and get them to listen!

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah they care so much they happily shake hands, smile, chat & laugh with the opposition after crucial losses

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah they care so much they happily shake hands, smile, chat & laugh with the opposition after crucial losses
Remember Anasta behind the goal line laughing while we were getting smashed? Was he captain then? That's one of the worst ever, if not the worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.