Opinion Do players get embarrassed?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really wish the NRL had NFL style contracts where you can build a lot more incentive bonuses and it’s easier to cut players for a poor performance. There is no consequences for players these days once they have signed the contract and most of our players are locked in till the end of next year which puts them in a comfort zone.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they don’t they should, simple as that really.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very few seem to hurt these days unfortunately. They're happy to have a chuckle with their mates in the opposition team immediately after copping an absolute pasting. They take home their big salary win, lose or draw. Difficult to forge any real attachment to the players of the modern game.
I've noticed that more and more as well.

I know its ",just a game", but to see the players bum tapping and joking around with opponents are being completely towelled up can really burn.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being losers is acceptable at our club now... us fans should not have to tolerate it... Mbye and Reynolds put in shit performances consistently and were never dropped... Lichaa gets rewarded with new contracts after a couple of decent outings... JMK receives an extended contract prior to playing a minute of first grade... Elliott and Fualalo are yet to put good consistent performances in, yet these guys are considered our "senior playing group" it's not good enough

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many games does a team have to lose and worst still, get massacred to be embarrassed, do any of their family members have a go at them if they have a shit game, maybe it's time the family put the boot in after they play shit, I could just picture a player walking into their home after being shit on and the wife say's 'Fuck you were shit, pull your finger out you loser' or I had $100 on you to score a try but no you let the warriors smash your team, one lousy try fucking hopeless.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed that more and more as well.

I know its ",just a game", but to see the players bum tapping and joking around with opponents are being completely towelled up can really burn.
What are our players saying while shaking hands with the other team after fulltime 'Good game, yeah we were shit but at least my pay is in my account, see ya after you smash us next time'.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing that pisses me of is, I will always be a doggies fan and will always talk up our chances but to see the disappointment in the younger generation of fans after a display like that really shits me. I grew up following the dogs through the 70's 80's and 90's I know how great we were, this younger generation knows nothing but disappointment.