Do i have a duty to step in?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a family across the road from me. Dad mum, two daughters.

The older girl is 17-18 years old. I noticed that when the parents are away and she is home alone, some bloke coincidently pops over and stays over as well. He quick to get there.

Now I wasnt born yesterday, I doubt they are playing monopoly in there or watching a high end TV.

Do I have a duty to step in for my neighbour when he is away and act as any dad would...karate chop the bloke as he pulls up. A good backhander and an interview under a spotlight wouldnt go astray.

Or do I need to look the other way, mind my own business and ignore this treachery.

Im not against love but "ol mate" seems to swing round every time the parents are away.

Do I have a duty to step in and square him up?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. They're obviously playing monopoly.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The older girl is 17-18 years old. I noticed that when the parents are away and she is home alone, some bloke coincidently pops over and stays over as well. He quick to get there.

Now I wasnt born yesterday, I doubt they are playing monopoly in there or watching a high end TV.

Do I have a duty to step in for my neighbour when he is away and act as any dad would...karate chop the bloke as he pulls up. A good backhander and an interview under a spotlight wouldnt go astray.

Or do I need to look the other way, mind my own business and ignore this treachery.

Im not against love but "ol mate" seems to swing round every time the parents are away.

Na let it slide. We were all in that situation when we were 18. Im sure you wouldn't have appreciated some adult snitching on you for something like that when you were young

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You better stay away.
How fucked up the law is you can possibly get charged?

As much as I disagree apparently the age of consent for a girl is 16?

I keep hearing that?

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Go over and issue him with a "get out of gaol free card" ( if she looks 17 she is probs only 13 these days) and tell him to fuck off.
No just joking leave them alone we have all been there .

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You better stay away.
How fucked up the law is you can possibly get charged?

As much as I disagree apparently the age of consent for a girl is 16?

I keep hearing that?
It varies by state but yes. In NSW the age of consent is 16.

In the above scenario Blue would be charged with trespassing and assault. He'd have to rent a gaol cell with a small shitty TV.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate it really all depends, if your sure she is at least 16-17 then you should let it slide, however even if she is 17 if he looks 30 then I'd say that you should probably step in,

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

In the above scenario Blue would be charged with trespassing and assault. He'd have to rent a gaol cell with a small shitty TV.
Yeah, it's 16 unless you're in a position of authority over them then it becomes 18.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I let her parents know in an around about way, obviously her parents would not agree with the visit hence they should be told, because they have a responsibility to do the best for her.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothing in it. I bet he owns a shit TV so he goes over to her place when everyone is out to catch up on his shows on a top quality TV.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t be a social justice warrior. If she 18 or almost 18 and she’s the one inviting him. That responsibility is on her. Jump in if you want but don’t be a beta and make the girl the victim and the guy a mysoginist and then you somehow feel good about yourself from it. If anything it sounds like the girl needs a lecture

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

For what it's worth you may be reading the situation wrong. Maybe the 17ish yo has noticed some creepy guy from across the road watching her on occasion and is afraid that she's being stalked. Could be that she has discussed it with her parents and they've convinced her cousin to stay when she has to be alone just in case this creepy guy has plans to do something with bad intentions.

The point I'm getting at here is that you should stick to watching your high end TV and pretend you don't have a stake in the life of your neighbors. In reality if you stepped in there is a .0001% chance you will prevent the girl making a bad mistake compared to a 99.9999% chance that you'll be regarded as a creepy fucking stalker in the eyes of the law and have your ass stretched in jail when inevitably you get in legal trouble for sticking your nose in where it isn't needed. You aren't the morality police, you are just a stickybeak that shouldn't be watching your neighbors young daughters and monitoring when the parents leave her alone in the house. It sounds creepy as hell that you have this whole situation scoped out.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

I seen a guy who used to live across the road from a park with a camcorder years ago.
Filming all the kids playing.

I wanted to go up to his door and drag him out and rag doll him!
Obviously I would of been the one getting in trouble for that.

I went home and notified the police about it and the officer seemed to know who I was talking about?
He told me without telling me that they knew about it and I just left it at that.

Pretty sure they got him a while later, but not because I called, but because they were already well aware!
Guess it’s just a case of the police building up a strong case?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bring it to the fathers attention, that's the best you can do.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Do they have a 4K TV? If so, what brand?

And is it curved?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth you may be reading the situation wrong. Maybe the 17ish yo has noticed some creepy guy from across the road watching her on occasion and is afraid that she's being stalked. Could be that she has discussed it with her parents and they've convinced her cousin to stay when she has to be alone just in case this creepy guy has plans to do something with bad intentions.

The point I'm getting at here is that you should stick to watching your high end TV and pretend you don't have a stake in the life of your neighbors. In reality if you stepped in there is a .0001% chance you will prevent the girl making a bad mistake compared to a 99.9999% chance that you'll be regarded as a creepy fucking stalker in the eyes of the law and have your ass stretched in jail when inevitably you get in legal trouble for sticking your nose in where it isn't needed. You aren't the morality police, you are just a stickybeak that shouldn't be watching your neighbors young daughters and monitoring when the parents leave her alone in the house. It sounds creepy as hell that you have this whole situation scoped out.
Nothing creepy about it. I was 17 once and know exactly what ol mate is thinking.

When I was 18 i dated a girl (also 18 yrs) I used to go to her house after uni before her dad got home from work on the offensive for a quickie. Her old man would race home and at 4.24pm he would scream into the driveway every day, run in and go off at me because the door was locked and basically told me to bugger off. I used to think I could fool him. Im helping her with her studies (again).

Now that im older Im playing defense coach for the women and know those young fellas dont have any good intentions. No way he is there because he has a cheap tv. Son of a bitch.

If her dad knew he would definately hit him with a few backhanded chops like rick flair.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I seen a guy who used to live across the road from a park with a camcorder years ago.
Filming all the kids playing.

I wanted to go up to his door and drag him out and rag doll him!
Obviously I would of been the one getting in trouble for that.

I went home and notified the police about it and the officer seemed to know who I was talking about?
He told me without telling me that they knew about it and I just left it at that.

Pretty sure they got him a while later, but not because I called, but because they were already well aware!
Guess it’s just a case of the police building up a strong case?
Yep. They're usually well aware of them but they have to wait for actual evidence otherwise the guy will disappear and do it somewhere else.