Disgraceful referring by Shane Hayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Destroying our game. Cant believe it, last 10 minutes every call was QLDs way.. that is bullshit. It cannot be coincidence. Thank goodness we could hold em out.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Destroying our game. Cant believe it, last 10 minutes every call was QLDs way.. that is bullshit. It cannot be coincidence. Thank goodness we could hold em out.
trying to let QLD grubs win the grub

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shane Hayne had a shocker at Suncorp – and Queensland won the penalty count 6-4.
Blues fans will jump to a conspiracy quickly off the back of that but, in fact, there’s no surprise in it.
In all Origin games played in either Brisbane or Sydney since 2005, the home team is more than twice as likely to win the penalty count.
In the 25 games played in either capital in that period, the home team has been less penalised 16 times.
But earning the ref’s favour on enemy turf is a much more difficult exercise, with the away team conceding fewer penalties on just six occasions.
That’s 64 percent for the home team, and only 24 percent for the travellers.
It’s a significant difference and it raises the question: are the referees being influenced subconsciously by the home crowd?
The largest disparity in penalty count in nine-and-a-bit series is five, 8-3 in favour of Queensland at home in 2009 and 2010.
The highest overall tally is 7-7 in Game Three at Brisbane, 2007.
But the truth about Origin penalties in recent times is how they’ve evened out.
For the majority of games, there’s been just one penalty between the sides.
And in all games since 2005, Queensland has won the penalty count 12 times … and so has NSW.
Four games have featured drawn penalty counts.
Of course, none of this details exactly where on the ground, and when in the game, the penalties were given…

ORIGIN PENALTY COUNTS
Qld 6-3 (Bris)
NSW 5-2 (Syd)
NSW 5-3 (Bris)

Qld 4-3 (Syd)
NSW 3-2 (Bris)
4-all (Melb)

Qld 6-5 (Bris)
NSW 4-1 (Syd)
7-all (Bris)

3-3 (Syd)
Qld 9-7 (Bris)
Qld 7-5 (Syd)

NSW 5-4 (Melb)
Qld 4-2 (Syd)
Qld 8-3 (Bris)

4-all (Syd)
Qld 8-3 (Bris)
NSW 7-5 (Syd)

Qld 2-1 (Bris)
NSW 5-4 (Syd)
NSW 4-3 (Bris)

NSW 4-3 (Melb)
NSW 5-4 (Syd)
Qld 6-4 (Bris)

NSW 7-5 (Syd)
Qld 8-5 (Bris)
NSW 8-4 (Syd)

Qld 6-4 (Bris)

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what's funny , QLd'ers saying the refs were against them... They those grubs even watch the match haha

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shane Hayne had a shocker at Suncorp – and Queensland won the penalty count 6-4.
Blues fans will jump to a conspiracy quickly off the back of that but, in fact, there’s no surprise in it.
In all Origin games played in either Brisbane or Sydney since 2005, the home team is more than twice as likely to win the penalty count.
In the 25 games played in either capital in that period, the home team has been less penalised 16 times.
But earning the ref’s favour on enemy turf is a much more difficult exercise, with the away team conceding fewer penalties on just six occasions.
That’s 64 percent for the home team, and only 24 percent for the travellers.
It’s a significant difference and it raises the question: are the referees being influenced subconsciously by the home crowd?
The largest disparity in penalty count in nine-and-a-bit series is five, 8-3 in favour of Queensland at home in 2009 and 2010.
The highest overall tally is 7-7 in Game Three at Brisbane, 2007.
But the truth about Origin penalties in recent times is how they’ve evened out.
For the majority of games, there’s been just one penalty between the sides.
And in all games since 2005, Queensland has won the penalty count 12 times … and so has NSW.
Four games have featured drawn penalty counts.
Of course, none of this details exactly where on the ground, and when in the game, the penalties were given…

ORIGIN PENALTY COUNTS
Qld 6-3 (Bris)
NSW 5-2 (Syd)
NSW 5-3 (Bris)

Qld 4-3 (Syd)
NSW 3-2 (Bris)
4-all (Melb)

Qld 6-5 (Bris)
NSW 4-1 (Syd)
7-all (Bris)

3-3 (Syd)
Qld 9-7 (Bris)
Qld 7-5 (Syd)

NSW 5-4 (Melb)
Qld 4-2 (Syd)
Qld 8-3 (Bris)

4-all (Syd)
Qld 8-3 (Bris)
NSW 7-5 (Syd)

Qld 2-1 (Bris)
NSW 5-4 (Syd)
NSW 4-3 (Bris)

NSW 4-3 (Melb)
NSW 5-4 (Syd)
Qld 6-4 (Bris)

NSW 7-5 (Syd)
Qld 8-5 (Bris)
NSW 8-4 (Syd)

Qld 6-4 (Bris)

Adding to that it came to my attention around 2007 that Shayne Hayne is a "Home Ground Referee" without peer. In 2010 when the Roosters made the GF, they should have been knocked out in the 1st week but weren't because Hayne did not blow an obvious penalty to the Tigers in the 3V6 qualifier at SFS when the Tigers were in front with 11 seconds to go. A Roosters foward came through the scrum and picked up the ball at the feet of the Tigers lock and was allowed to get away with it, and of course the Roosters went on to win in Golden Point. There are others, Ennis got knocked into the middle of next week by Matai in Noddy and the General's last game at Brookvale, and he doesn't see the point of contact. No grapefruits to ping home players on their home park, even when it is OBVIOUS.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know what's funny , QLd'ers saying the refs were against them... They those grubs even watch the match haha
Qld's don't know the rules. My wife and I went to Origin 3 at Suncorop in 2010 and a ball was kicked downfield by Qld and went out on the full by hitting the sideline. The guy behnid us blew up even though it was obviously out. My wife turned around and informed him we are playing Rugby League not tennis. In the same game I also had to explain to him why NSW were awarded an 8 poiint try when Hayne got cleaned up after he scored, and that was why the Touch judge was standing on the 10 metre line for a short period before the conversion. They have no idea up there other than who the guys in the maroon jerseys are.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
[h=1]Robbie Farah at loss to explain dodgy calls in State of Origin win over Queensland[/h]
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-over-queensland/story-fni3fqyo-1226936403986
Reminds me of the 2012 Grand Final. We got our tickets early and expected to be sitting with a bunch of Bulldogs supporters, instead we were surrounded by corporates who got free seats. The whole game the couple next to us were asking us how this game works and of the 20 people in front of us, one girl in the middle was wearing a bulldogs jersey cheering on the game while the rest didn't even glance at the game once.

After the halftime we came back to our seats and there was at least 30 empty seats around us from people who just didn't come back. It really pissed me off. They charge a ridiculous amount for tickets then they just give tickets to corporations who then give them to staff for free and say "use it if you feel like it".

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
[h=1]Robbie Farah at loss to explain dodgy calls in State of Origin win over Queensland[/h]
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-over-queensland/story-fni3fqyo-1226936403986
The ones that got me most were:

Hodges knockon - Pocket ref called a knockon. Then Hayne blew the whistle and said "time out" then gave the ball back to Queensland ignoring the pocket ref.

Lewis knockon - Pocket ref blew the whistle and said "knock on Inglis" Then Hayne came in and overturned the decision to give the ball back to Lewis.

I know we like to call corruption for every bad call but when one ref goes out of his way to overturn a correct call you know something is up. I would be surprised if the commission doesn't launch an investigation into it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The ones that got me most were:

Hodges knockon - Pocket ref called a knockon. Then Hayne blew the whistle and said "time out" then gave the ball back to Queensland ignoring the pocket ref.

Lewis knockon - Pocket ref blew the whistle and said "knock on Inglis" Then Hayne came in and overturned the decision to give the ball back to Lewis.

I know we like to call corruption for every bad call but when one ref goes out of his way to overturn a correct call you know something is up. I would be surprised if the commission doesn't launch an investigation into it.
And there was one where the pocket referee CLEARLY said "milking, milking, milking" yet 2-3 seconds later, Hayne blew a penalty.

VERY dodgy, IMO.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
And there was one where the pocket referee CLEARLY said "milking, milking, milking" yet 2-3 seconds later, Hayne blew a penalty.

VERY dodgy, IMO.
while hodges has clearly grabbed the nsw player, both haynes ears and eyes are failing him

btw wasnt there a few of those things that initially went towards nsw but were overturned?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
while hodges has clearly grabbed the nsw player, both haynes ears and eyes are failing him

btw wasnt there a few of those things that initially went towards nsw but were overturned?
Yeah, saw that. You could see Hodges clearly had Merrin's (think it was Merrin) jumper yet he blew a penalty. Fair enough if Hayne's view was obstructed, the pocket referee would have seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.