Official Discussion Thread - Round 20 - Bulldogs v Panthers

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im not guna list all 16 teams
Its all of them i know comprehension isnt your strongest quality
You obviously didnt understand what I wrote. I will use smaller words next time so you may understand.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Green is not going to be back until late May at the earliest.
Lewis - Averillo
Wakeham - Averillo
To start the season spells "big risk" if you ask me.
We could always sign Benji for one year.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad I didnt watch the that rubbish game today against the panthers. We made over double the amount of missed tackles...
They almost tripled our tackle breaks...
6 line breaks to zero...

I mean.... what happned? Their.. their balls drop off?

Happy I missed todays game. Leaving me with fond memorys having watched the dogs V souths game.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's not split hairs here, they are all duds, one dud is better than another. Barrett couldn't trust any of them so he signed Green.
No, absolutely, let's split hairs! People like to pile on Lewis after every loss, then when Wakeham loses it's "let's not be hasty..." Screw that. Defense is half the game as is attack, I'd back Lewis learning to attack before I'd back Wakeham learning to defend.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wakeham offers absolutely zero mate. Give me the other 2 over him any day of the week.

Called it early last year and got hammered for it on here by all the dopes blowing loads over him cos he went well against Cook Islands or some third tier international team.

@CaptainJackson whats the excuse for Wakeham this week champion?
"The sun was in his eyes..." :laughing:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any word on RFM's injury? Hopefully it's not serious as we need him going into next season. He's been our best and most consistent player all season.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said it a few weeks ago, but what SGs problem with Toomaga? The way he is used is diabolical.

I thought he was getting better under Dean Pay tbh, he took his sweet time ti play him and give him the minutes but eventually Dean played him longer and longer.

Now it seems like he has gone backwards under SG. Doesn't get the ball and minutes are getting less and less.

Hopefully Barrett uses him better.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The call of no try for Luke thomson was simply wrong. Yet again. No matter how they try to change the rules, or the bunkers involvement, there will always be human error.
Imo there should be more then one person in the bunker making the decision. Average the decision out over 3 people. That was a fucking try, and yet again thomson is denied.
When the ref sends it up as a try, and it takes 20 views from six different angles to finally rule no try, it undermines the referee's on field call and looks like sour grapes against a a side struggling for points. Not only does it kill the flow of the game, it makes the role of the bunker appear that they are there to find ways to disallow tries. If it looks like a try at normal speed, then just award the thing - they always do against us.

After the "try" to Souths last week, the least they could have done was give us one in our last game.

Incidentally, I lost count of the times Penrith threw forward passes - even their Fox cheer squad commented on it a couple of times.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So happy with the scoreline in our last game of the year. Now everyone is in no doubt as to the predicament the bulldogs find themselves in. The last couple of years we finished really strong which just gave us false trust in player and coach abilities and false hope for the future.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, absolutely, let's split hairs! People like to pile on Lewis after every loss, then when Wakeham loses it's "let's not be hasty..." Screw that. Defense is half the game as is attack, I'd back Lewis learning to attack before I'd back Wakeham learning to defend.
You might be right, it looks to me as though players at most other clubs get good individual coaching, and our players are either not coached individually or very poorly coached.