Dieter Brummer, who played Shane Parrish on Home and Away, has died age 45

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I remember reading the him and Melissa George didn't get along in real life for some reason. I remember there was even a Home and Away special about them - this wasn't an actual episode of Home and Away.

You can tell that someone is a great actor if people either really like them or really dislike them based on their acting. I remember he asked for his character to be killed off the show because of Melissa George.

Anyway he didn't do much mainstream acting after that except Underbelly. Melissa wasn't much better, she aired in an episode or 2 of Friends and Charmed. All her other work was guest appearances in crappy tv shows or daytime tv movies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember reading the him and Melissa George didn't get along in real life for some reason. I remember there was even a Home and Away special about them - this wasn't an actual episode of Home and Away.

You can tell that someone is a great actor if people either really like them or really dislike them based on their acting. I remember he asked for his character to be killed off the show because of Melissa George.

Anyway he didn't do much mainstream acting after that except Underbelly. Melissa wasn't much better, she aired in an episode or 2 of Friends and Charmed. All her other work was guest appearances in crappy tv shows or daytime tv movies.
Melissa George has actually been in a lot of decent movies. She seems past it now she’s on the wrong side of 40 but had a good 15 year run late 90’s to 00s and somehow forged a career as a horror icon.
Mulholland drive is considered one of the greatest movies of all time.
Dark City, amityville and 30 days of night make an impressive resume alone.
She was also in triangle which was a neat little underrated thriller.

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Could this be another COVID related suicide? Just saying. Sad news I still remember the wedding day on home and away, and that song never known a girl like u before. Knock knock knocking on my door! Something like that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Could this be another COVID related suicide? Just saying. Sad news I still remember the wedding day on home and away, and that song never known a girl like u before. Knock knock knocking on my door! Something like that.
Could be.
And instead of helping him people like Bulldogsteve tell him to stay at home and call him an anti vaxxer or stuff like that.
Not just him but alot of people think that way.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ever notice that the media tells you they off'ed themselves with telling you by giving a plug to lifeline?
It’s actually in the code - unless the family provides consent they aren’t allowed to say it, but they are allowed to report it because it’s in the public interest to try to show suicide as the tragedy it is and perhaps dissuade others contemplating it. Instead they use words like ‘No suspicious circumstances’ and yes, refer to help services like Lifeline and Beyond Blue.

A shame anyway, a young man, whose career I didn’t really follow but possibly was another kid chewed up and spat out by the machine. The Black Dog claims another. Condolences to his family and friends.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very sad..for some fame is fleeting, and when it is over it hits hard.. Ahh the days when Aussie television was only 2, 7, 9,10 and SBS was all that we had.. I love my Foxtel, but in someways I miss these times, R.I.P. Brummer..gone way too soon..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Very sad..for some fame is fleeting, and when it is over it hits hard.. Ahh the days when Aussie television was only 2, 7, 9,10 and SBS was all that we had.. I love my Foxtel, but in someways I miss these times, R.I.P. Brummer..gone way too soon..
I think he felt regret for doing the show and feels his acting career would have kicked on if he hadn't done home and away. I remember him saying he would always be that guy off home and away which he hated and that he cringed when he saw clips of his acting at the time. By all accounts he was a very intelligent and complicated person, it's a very sad thing to see.