Did we make a mistake in shedding Foran ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When he was with us I always thought WHEN he was on the field he was our best attacking player and I thought he was worth extending for around 400K. According to multiple reports at the time he was willing to stay for around 450K IF we offered 2 years but we only offered 1 apparently and I think it might have been closer to 400k (maybe less).

Many on here complained he wasn't worth re-signing because he missed so many games but look what we got instead - first Green who had to retire- then Flanagan - a half for 3 years on virtually the same money who'se useless 100% of the time.

When Foran was signed by Manly I had a feeling our luck would see his injury history turn around with them and he'd stay on the field much more (f..kers)

I know some will say Manly is still shit with Foran (without Turbo) but at least Foran has a passing game (unlike Flanagan) and is capable of playing eyes up footy and taking advantage of bad defensive reads. If we still had Foran I very much doubt we would have scored 0 in four games this year so far.

Last edited:

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
when he was with us he was the only attacking option and got hammered, at manly he can draw defenders and choose his moments because he has had either turbo or schuster as options to ball play with so can’t get singled out as much. But he would have been better than Kyle

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matter of time before he breaks down again
does his breaking down have more to do with the club or himself. considering how the team is performing it probably has more to do with the training with his time at the club.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No not at all were getting Burton who will still be playing when Foran is in a nursing home.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hindsight yes would of help this year but he is gone so let it go.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No, he’s passed it, long term was a good decision . manly may be playing well, but it’s only a Matter of time before he hangs up boots for good, he won’t even make it through next year, it will be his last. We need fresh faces.. Burton, Avo etc…!!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eventually he was going to hold up so probably yep.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eventually he was going to hold up so probably yep.
Foran looks good in a good team structure...look at the players around him compared to what the dogs z grade team..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's going OK for Manly and playing for close to minimum.
He still has one of the best right to left passes in the game.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a joke never gets injured at manly

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He gave the supporters lip service - said he owed the club for the past years where he was injured so much then didn't accept a reasonable offer put to him, the club then withdrew the offer which was the right thing to do.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nope...
We did make a mistake in letting Cogger go though, given our Flanagan situation.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Against the grain but I wish him well, with us he was our main driver and was targeted by opposition as they new there was no one else, even with injuries he still put his body on the line for us.
To stay he would have more of the same fearless as he was
At least now he is surrounded by play makers and won't be a target as much.
I genuinely was concerned for his welfare, he made the best decision for himself and good luck to him.
We move on to the future.